Cartoon Network International News Thread 14.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Markus Nelis

CN Portugal has great variety so I don't really know why you've complaining about it. Just because another feed was removed, doesn't mean that "god, Portugal's CN sucks because African feed was removed". I apologize if my sentence comes out as aggressive but I really didn't mean it to be aggressive. I'm just saying it.

J10

He was talking at that time, when the localized feed was launched in the country, but now, he is familiar with that situation and it has been normalized.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
The European intro of Fantastic Four: World's Greatest Heroes lacks astronaut Victor Von Doom.

The American intro shows all 5 astronauts.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
CN Portugal has great variety so I don't really know why you've complaining about it. Just because another feed was removed, doesn't mean that "god, Portugal's CN sucks because African feed was removed". I apologize if my sentence comes out as aggressive but I really didn't mean it to be aggressive. I'm just saying it.
There will never be a replacement worthy of its name. By that I mean a kids channel all in English. It's all unviable. On top of that our directors of programming (talking about the terrestrial networks) seem to think that hundreds of thousands don't understand subtitles and foreign movies were removed from schedule. What I wanted to convey was that kids nowadays don't have an English-language immersion experience - the internet is just not the same.
The European intro of Fantastic Four: World's Greatest Heroes lacks astronaut Victor Von Doom.

The American intro shows all 5 astronauts.

Precisely the first show I saw when I woke up on December 7, 2010

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
CN NL is still airing only 10 programs.

1. Batwheels
  2. Bugs Bunny Builders
  3. Craig of the Creek
  4. Grizzy and the Lemmings
  5. Lamput
  6. New Looney Tunes
  7. Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu
  8. Teen Titans Go
  9. The Amazing World of Gumball
  10. The Heroic Quest of Prince Ivandoe

6 out of the 10 programs that premiered in 2022 and 2023 are not airing anymore as of December 2023.

1. Grizzy and the Lemmings (January 10th, 2022)
  2. Looney Tunes Cartoons (January 10th, 2022)
  3. We Baby Bears (April 18th, 2022)
  4. Mr. Bean: The Animated Series (May 2nd, 2022)
  5. Aquaman: King of Atlantis (May 8th, 2022)
  6. Lego Monkie Kid (December 6th, 2022)
  7. Jade Armor (February 13th, 2023)
  8. Batwheels (May 15th, 2023)
  9. Bugs Bunny Builders (July 8th, 2023)
  10. Lamput (August 31st, 2023)
They also didn't add any new programs this Fall, which is very strange. The channel has become a tragedy.

Last edited:

RegularCapital

Staff member
Some overnight news regarding changes to Cartoon Network's international leadership, basically Vanessa Brookman is now in charge of Cartoon Network and the kids part of HBO Max outside the United States.

Warner Bros. Kids/Cartoon Network International Management Changes: Meredith Gertler & Lisa Holme To Exit, Vanessa Brookman Promoted In Latest Warner Bros. Discovery Shakeup

Vanessa Brookman, who was the Head of Kids, EMEA, has been promoted to GM, Kids, Global Streaming and International Networks.

She will continue to report to President of International Gerhard Zeiler in London with a dotted line into Perrette and will oversee kids original content strategy and develop global kids content franchises, as well as greenlighting and acquiring kids content. Pablo Zuccarino, GM, Kids, Warner Bros. Discovery LatAm and Christopher Ho, who oversees the kids business in APAC will report to Brookman, who will work closely with Michael Ouweleen and the team from U.S. Networks.

Also at Warner Bros., Meredith Gertler, who is EVP of Global Content Strategy, Planning and Analysis, and Lisa Holme, SVP of Global Content Strategy, Merchandising and Podcasts will be leaving the company.

NewBogus :)

You're fired!

1. Batwheels
  2. Bugs Bunny Builders
  3. Craig of the Creek
  5. Lamput
  6. New Looney Tunes
  8. Teen Titans Go

6 out of the 10 programs that premiered in 2022 and 2023 are not airing anymore as of December 2023.

They also didn't add any new programs this Fall, which is very strange. The channel has become a tragedy.

That's why I stopped watching Cartoon Network and Boomerang after the final episode of Looney Tunes Cartoons.

Markus Nelis

Meanwhile CN Nordic has these programs (no A-Z order)

1. Teen Titans Go!
2. The Amazing World of Gumball
3. Ninjago
4. Scooby-Doo and Guess Who?
5. Looney Tunes Cartoons
6. Jade Armor
7. Prince Ivandoe
8. Apple & Onion
9. Adventure Time
10. Regular Show
11. The Powerpuff Girls
12. We Baby Bears
13. We Bare Bears
14. Craig of the Creek
15. Ben 10
16. Jellystone
17. The Looney Tunes Show

17 shows airing on the channel. Very good actually for modern CN standards.

J10

Aligning with its commitment to diversity, ATL Media not only retains its role as the exclusive representative for Zee Entertainment Channels but also continues as the sole representative for Cartoon Network‘s channels and their extended digital assets in the MENA region. This strategic move underscores ATL Media’s dedication to providing compelling and varied advertising solutions to a wide-ranging audience.

Daffyrocks

The Day the..... Roof Blew Up?!?

1. Batwheels
  2. Bugs Bunny Builders
  3. Craig of the Creek
  5. Lamput
  6. New Looney Tunes
  8. Teen Titans Go

Mr. Bean won't air on CN anymore because the new EMEA management is too stubborn and wants to consider it can make something out of the character for a preschool audience. Also, King of Atlantis won't return at all becuase 1. it was a miniseries with three long episodes and 2. it was written-off for good. Of course, most of the cartoons that left won't return anytime soon until new episodes are due to come (at this point Jade Armor is long overdue for it). And those three "Cartoonito" shows (Bugs Bunny Builders, Batwheels and Grizzy) are there only because of the Cartoonito block they want to put on your throats on CN NL, otherwise you would have been left with 7 shows which could have been even worse for ya.

Anyways, while we're at it, Cartoon Network CEE currently has these (I post the schedules monthly and you probably know already what we have, but I will still do it for the heck of it):
  1. The Amazing World of Gumball (at night only)
  2. Bakugan (2023 series)
  3. Craig of The Creek
  4. The Heroic Quest of the Valiant Prince Ivandoe (both the minisodes and the full series)
  5. Lego Dreamzzz
  6. Lego Ninjago: Dragons Rising
  7. Looney Tunes Cartoons
  8. Mr. Magoo (2019 series)
  9. Teen Titans Go
  10. Total DramaRama
So yeah, 10 shows as well. Again, we should be thankful Looney Tunes Cartoons and Mr. Magoo are still airing considering the usual tactics and practices of the channel. It's really THAT bad. And if it was still WarnerMedia today and they would have known what shows should fit on Cartoonito, probably we would have had on CN CEE at least The Tom and Jerry Show and (at night only) Grizzy.

In January, three shows from here will be gone while one series will be returning to the regular line-up (I won't tell you which ones until I post the full schedules). Besides a new series joining, Heroes Inside, which you already know about now.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Of course, most of the cartoons that left won't return anytime soon until new episodes are due to come (at this point Jade Armor is long overdue for it).
But I don't understand why they started doing that. Cartoon Network never had that tactic, at least not here. I associate this with cartoon blocks that don't have enough broadcasting time, not a 24h channel.

They should just air Gumball, Ninjago, Teen Titans Go + almost every new cartoon from 2018-2023. That would give a schedule of 30-ish programs.

Heck, their night schedule could look something like this. This took me five minutes to make.

21:00 The Amazing World of Gumball
21:25 The Amazing World of Gumball
22:50 The Heroic Quest of Prince Ivandoe
23:15 Grizzy and the Lemmings
23:40 Lego Ninjago
00:05 Jade Armor
00:30 Mr. Bean
00:55 Taffy
01:20 Elliot of Earth
01:45 Power Players
02:10 The Heroic Quest of Prince Ivandoe
02:35 Grizzy and the Lemmings
03:00 Lego Ninjago
03:25 Jade Armor
03:50 Mr. Bean
04:15 Taffy
04:40 Power Players
05:05 The Amazing World of Gumball
05:30 The Amazing World of Gumball
05:55 The Heroic Quest of Prince Ivandoe

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner

1. Batwheels
  2. Bugs Bunny Builders
  3. Craig of the Creek
  5. Lamput
  6. New Looney Tunes
  8. Teen Titans Go

Most feeds around the world have become a tragedy. They won't bring us the classics again because the viewers most feeds have differ from CN USA's, which is pandering towards nostalgia nowadays to a certain extent.

We won't have Checkered Past because we don't have an Adult Swim channel. There's also the dubbing and censorship problems (WarnerTV Poland even censored the DEE DEE DUMB scene in a season 2 episode and that ruins it big time). Dubbing problems? Not every CN show was dubbed here as some of us longtime users know. Also, outside of Dexter's Laboratory, The Powerpuff Girls and the first two Ben 10 series, Turner/WBD had no access to the remaining dubs (especially the few CN originals that aired on RTP, whose rights, when expired, went to the trash can)

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
I wasn't asking for the classics. Put them on HBO Max. The 2018-present cartoons aren't classics. I'm asking for a reasonable schedule like the European Disney Channels and Nickelodeons. "More international consistency" was a mistake.

Anyway, it looks like Angelo Rules season 5 isn't coming to CN? It premiered in France in 2022.

Francisque

I wasn't asking for the classics. Put them on HBO Max. The 2018-present cartoons aren't classics. I'm asking for a reasonable schedule like the European Disney Channels and Nickelodeons. "More international consistency" was a mistake.

Anyway, it looks like Angelo Rules season 5 isn't coming to CN? It premiered in France in 2022.
Indeed, asking for classics on CN is almost undoable, but having more variety, is it asking a lot?

Especially at late night

But I don't understand why they started doing that. Cartoon Network never had that tactic, at least not here. I associate this with cartoon blocks that don't have enough broadcasting time, not a 24h channel.

They should just air Gumball, Ninjago, Teen Titans Go + almost every new cartoon from 2018-2023. That would give a schedule of 30-ish programs.

Heck, their night schedule could look something like this. This took me five minutes to make.

21:00 The Amazing World of Gumball
21:25 The Amazing World of Gumball
22:50 The Heroic Quest of Prince Ivandoe
23:15 Grizzy and the Lemmings
23:40 Lego Ninjago
00:05 Jade Armor
00:30 Mr. Bean
00:55 Taffy
01:20 Elliot of Earth
01:45 Power Players
02:10 The Heroic Quest of Prince Ivandoe
02:35 Grizzy and the Lemmings
03:00 Lego Ninjago
03:25 Jade Armor
03:50 Mr. Bean
04:15 Taffy
04:40 Power Players
05:05 The Amazing World of Gumball
05:30 The Amazing World of Gumball
05:55 The Heroic Quest of Prince Ivandoe
Not perfect, but definitely more ideal than the current Gumbal channel

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
Yeah and the worst part is that imo even without the EU quota they probably wouldn't care much more. CN always had a limited number of shows on rotation they pushed, but before they changed them more often and even before that they experimented. These days they're stagnant and limited to a few money making hits with no risks. Disney does similar marathons, but not to that extent. And Nick has the most variety of them all probably in this regard. I'm not asking for 90s shows to come back, but anything from the past 10 years would be welcome. Long Live Royals, Ben 10, PPG, Garden Wall, OK KO, Steven Universe, Regular Show, Adventure Time... would all be more creative than Gumball. If they want to spam Gumball then at least do it during the day when there's a chance someone will actually watch it if it's about views. If not then I don't know.

Also, why no winter bug this year?

And also, how do the opt outs work now? Because on the Czech side the fillers start exactly after the promos end and stop exactly before the bumpers play. Ie never have I seen any cuts etc. It's very smooth, more than Nick or Discovery, to the point I wouldn't be able to tell. Is that now automated? I wish we did have ads, not sure why they dropped them, but their solution is impressive.

Daffyrocks

vlcsnap-2023-12-16-23h06m34s241.png
vlcsnap-2023-12-16-23h06m46s148.png
vlcsnap-2023-12-16-23h07m10s161.png
vlcsnap-2023-12-16-23h07m21s400.png

I am surprised that CN CEE didn't have any discomfort when it comes to this TTG episode :D (which, btw, is "Plot Hole", that premiered today)

Meanwhile, about the winter bug, I was about to say... It's 16th December already and CN CEE still has the normal version. I don't think there was ever a case in any year when they refused to do the Winter switch. Even Cartoonito CEE still remains with the regular channel bug. At least CN CEE started airing the Winter/Christmas station IDs, which are a mix of the 2018 and 2021-2022 ones (again). Cartoonito doesn't even seem to show any holiday-related station IDs at the moment in rotation. Idk what to say about this. Again, they always had the change to the Winter-related bug every year until now, it's the very first time ever. If anything, they stopped caring...

Markus Nelis

Most feeds around the world have become a tragedy. They won't bring us the classics again because the viewers most feeds have differ from CN USA's, which is pandering towards nostalgia nowadays to a certain extent.
The thing is, most viewers that watch cable are adults now in the US. Kids are busy on Tiktok. I'm sure there are majority of the kids watching CN in EMEA more than outside the actual demo. Plus kids want to see the shows that they grow up with in this generation, meaning ongoing shows. Anothe factor is that even advertisers aren't interested to throw their money during the network's old shows. While US is more strong when it comes to the marketing.

Reactions: J10

Francisque

The thing is, most viewers that watch cable are adults now in the US. Kids are busy on Tiktok. I'm sure there are majority of the kids watching CN in EMEA more than outside the actual demo. Plus kids want to see the shows that they grow up with in this generation, meaning ongoing shows. Anothe factor is that even advertisers aren't interested to throw their money during the network's old shows. While US is more strong when it comes to the marketing.
One thing has to be said: people wishing for classics to be back on CN, clearly don't indeed know that kids channel are supposed to cater kids, so they have to renovate themselves very often.
But yeah, linear TV decline is a thing, not just a catchy word from advertisers

Still, some varieties in certain slots wouldn't be so tragic; I'm not personally asking for classics in the CN Golden era sense, but more like shows from 5-7 years ago in the mix.

@RandomMe Clearly English speaking channels might sound ideal, but they're money losers from the start; maybe less in Portugal where English proficiency is higher, but in most of Europe they would hell be.
But even in Portugal, for the simple reasons viewers are supposed to understand the channel they're watching

And also, how do the opt outs work now? Because on the Czech side the fillers start exactly after the promos end and stop exactly before the bumpers play. Ie never have I seen any cuts etc. It's very smooth, more than Nick or Discovery, to the point I wouldn't be able to tell. Is that now automated? I wish we did have ads, not sure why they dropped them, but their solution is impressive.
If adverts are not there, then I suppose Czechia receives the raw feed, so that's why it's so smooth

In the US CN has a much more prominent role, I don't even understand why CN US and our CNs are being compared.

CN US can count on a large market and a more robust presence and much bigger popularity.

Not so much in Europe... yeah CN Europe started at a similar time, that's about it.
Tinier budgets, tinier popularity, tinier variety due to restrictions on purely kids channels (no Adult Swim, which wouldn't work on our CNs for other reasons too); it's simply not a local brand in Europe, just one of the many cable channels, albeit one of the more popular ones

Last edited:

Daffyrocks

Cartoon Network CEE Schedule and Highlights for January 2024

- New show, Hero Inside, premieres on 20th January. The first season of the show, consisting of 11 episodes of 15-minutes, will air all in just one day in binge-watching form from 10:55 till 13:50 CET, after which the episodes will be rerun from the beginning for the rest of the day until 18:25 CET. Then on 21st January, the same episodes will be rerun again non-stop from 10:55 till 18:25 CET. From 22nd January the show gets regular slot airings, daily at 07:45, 14:55 and 19:25 CET.
- The Amazing World of Gumball Winter Marathons continue airing until 7th January, from 09:50 till 20:30 CET. From the 8th on, the regular line-up resumes.

The schedule itself will have some significant changes, probably the first such ones in 4 months. Most of them are effective since January 8th:
- Total DramaRama is gone. Its remaining double bill slot will be taken over and replaced by Teen Titans Go at 12:10 CET, followed by...... the Ben 10 reboot at 12:40 CET.
- Also completely gone altogether will be the two Lego shows, Dragons Rising and Dreamzzz, already from 1st January. Lego Dreamzzz, in its case, will leave after just one month since it returned for the new episodes and I couldn't be more than happy. Good riddance to Ninjago Dragons Rising as well. Their morning slots will be replaced by a double bill of Looney Tunes Cartoons from 08:55 till 09:40 CET, a very and I mean very welcoming change!!! From 8th January Lego Dreamzzz's slots from before the Gumball marathons will also be replaced by Craig of The Creek at 14:05 CET and Teen Titans Go at 20:05 CET, while Dragons Rising's 13:30 CET airing will be taken over by Prince Ivandoe.
- Looney Tunes Cartoons will turn from being left with one single slot per day, to now having two whole double bills!!!! The first one in the morning from 08:55 till 09:40 CET (as already said before), while the other one will be from 16:20 till 17:20 CET! This is amazing!!!!
- Mr. Magoo will also remain in the line-up, with its double bill from 07:45 till 08:55 CET. Although, it will remain airing with a single slot at 08:20 CET from 22nd January, after Hero Inside joins and replaces the first half of Magoo.
- Yes, the Ben 10 reboot will actually be back, airing in the regular line-up outside of any marathon or special block for the first time in like 2 years. It will be shown, also through double bill, from 12:40 till 13:30 CET and also on a single slot at 18:50 CET.
- Meanwhile, other shows staying in the schedule will have its airings swapped and will be shown earlier or later in the line-up than before and so on.
- The Bingewatch Marathons won't return this month either, making so that the whole schedule will stay the same all week once again after an year or so. Honestly, I won't mind if it won't return at all anymore.

Here's the whole line-up for the month:

(all times CET; changes are bolded)

From 01/01 till 07/01:

06:00 Craig of The Creek
06:25 Teen Titans Go
06:50 Teen Titans Go
07:20 Bakugan (2023 series)
07:45 Mr. Magoo (4 segments)
08:20 Mr. Magoo (4 segments)
08:55 Looney Tunes Cartoons
09:20 Looney Tunes Cartoons
09:50-20:20
The Amazing World of Gumball Winter Marathons
20:30 Bakugan (2023 series)
21:00-06:00 The Amazing World of Gumball

From 08/01 till 31/01:

07:45 Mr. Magoo (4 segments) / NEW Hero Inside (from 22/01)
09:40 The Heroic Quest of The Valiant Prince Ivandoe (minisodes) (08/01; 11/01)
09:50
Craig of The Creek (3 segments)
10:25 Craig of The Creek
10:55 Craig of The Creek
11:20 Teen Titans Go
11:45 Teen Titans Go
12:10 Teen Titans Go
12:40 Ben 10 (reboot)
13:05 Ben 10 (reboot)
13:30
The Heroic Quest of The Valiant Prince Ivandoe
13:55 The Heroic Quest of The Valiant Prince Ivandoe (minisodes)

14:05 Craig of The Creek
14:30 Craig of The Creek
14:55 Craig of The Creek / NEW Hero Inside (from 22/01)
15:20 Teen Titans Go (3 segments) / 15:25 Teen Titans Go (from 22/01)
15:55
Teen Titans Go
16:20 Looney Tunes Cartoons
16:50
Looney Tunes Cartoons
17:10 Lamput (one short) (09/01-17/01; 25/01; 27/01-29/01)
17:20 The Heroic Quest of The Valiant Prince Ivandoe
17:45 Craig of The Creek (3 segments)
18:25
Craig of The Creek
18:50
Ben 10 (reboot) (3 segments)
19:30
Teen Titans Go / 19:25 NEW Hero Inside (from 22/01)
19:55
Teen Titans Go (3 segments) / 20:00 from 22/01
20:30 Bakugan (2023 series) / 20:35 from 22/01

20/01 and 21/01 (Hero Inside weekend premiere):

07:45 Mr. Magoo (4 segments)
09:50 Craig of The Creek (3 segments)
10:25 Craig of The Creek
10:54-18:20 NEW Hero Inside (premiere marathon)
18:25 Craig of The Creek
18:50 Ben 10 (reboot) (3 segments)
19:30 Teen Titans Go
19:55 Teen Titans Go (3 segments)
20:30 Bakugan (2023 series)

They wanted to seem relevant and still alive by making some changes, but still. Besides more Looney Tunes Cartoons airings and, maybe, the Ben 10 reboot, it's still nothing worthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.
Happy 4th of July!
Oh, it's my birthday!
The New Woody Woodpecker Show was just removed from Peacock... Can this show just take a break from being screwed over?

Featured Posts