Cartoon Network International News Thread 14.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Markus Nelis

No changes to CN Nordic in December. Ever since the big shifting and a few Boomerang shows joining, they haven't done any changes and this will be the same schedule for fourth month in a row. Heh, I really do think the on-air division is barely there and run the channel on auto-pilot at this point. They're lucky to get the same promos as the rest/or most of EMEA.

Therefore there's no point for me to post the schedule again. At least Cartoonito had a mini change so I did post the full schedule in that thread. It seems that they care a tiny bit more about Cartoonito.

StrikersSeventyOG

Boy, Girl Dog Cat and Cheese is returning for a new season on Cartoon Network Southeast Asia and Taiwan which already aired on Friday, Nov. 24, 2023. This Holiday Hangout every day (Noted Time on Southeast Asia, Philippines, and Taiwan might have different airtime.).

Noted: I tried to find the Promo in Southeast Asia in English version but no luck for now. But, I will gonna add it once it is available.

Last edited:

narq

I am not sure and don't know if it will continue after 01/01, but we will see; but something tells me it will
Looking at the CN Poland schedule, the marathon will still air on January 1st, but luckily after that it will be gone. So it's most likely gonna be the same for CEE.

Of course, the marathon here will be pretty much the same as on CEE, except it will be longer, pretty much 24/7, with some breaks for Bakugan:
- at 06:00 CET for 25 minutes,
- at 20:20 CET for 55 minutes.

Expect that, the entire schedule will be just Gumball. Exactly like last year.

BloggerHU

Looking at the CN Poland schedule, the marathon will still air on January 1st, but luckily after that it will be gone. So it's most likely gonna be the same for CEE.

Of course, the marathon here will be pretty much the same as on CEE, except it will be longer, pretty much 24/7, with some breaks for Bakugan:
- at 06:00 CET for 25 minutes,
- at 20:20 CET for 55 minutes.

Expect that, the entire schedule will be just Gumball. Exactly like last year.
On CEE will stay in the first week of January too.

StrikersSeventyOG

In Europe will premiere around Spring, maybe March-April.
Possible release of Tiny Toon Looniversity in Southeast Asia includes Korea, Australia Taiwan, and the Philippines in either the first quarter or second quarter of 2024. We waiting the 2024 highlight after the Christmas Day 2023!

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
Doesnt disqualify what i said since Titans used to be the definition of spamming. Being now Gumball is even worse maybe. Since that show is basically over and also it shows CEE is just mirroring US or viceversa.

StrikersSeventyOG

Boy, Girl Dog Cat and Cheese is returning for a new season on Cartoon Network Southeast Asia and Taiwan which already aired on Friday, Nov. 24, 2023. This Holiday Hangout every day (Noted Time on Southeast Asia, Philippines, and Taiwan might have different airtime.).

Noted: I tried to find the Promo in Southeast Asia in English version but no luck for now. But, I will gonna add it once it is available.

Francisque

Doesnt disqualify what i said since Titans used to be the definition of spamming. Being now Gumball is even worse maybe. Since that show is basically over and also it shows CEE is just mirroring US or viceversa.
There are quality differences between Gumball and TTG though...

And yes, it's coming back too

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
I mean, yeah, if I had to choose, Gumball wins. At least creatively it wins. Or artistically. Titans are more of a product placement show. Still, any show going on for so long and being aired so much isn't healthy. And while yes, surprisingly Gumball is getting another season even though it was supposed to end, in the mean time they could've tried anything else. Instead they keep Gumball on the schedule to make sure people won't forget the show and will tune in by the time the new season airs. I get it, but also... ugh. Is a little variety too much to ask? Even over night. When you have literally hundreds of shows and at least a dozen newer ones.

Markus Nelis

They need to fulfill the EU quota. The only European show right now they could air at night is Gumball. Meanwhile while I get that Ivandoe is European, it doesn't have enough episodes to play overnights yet. And saying that Gumball is better than TTG in my opinion is subjective. I enjoy both shows. For me both have goods and bads. I think TTG will end soon anyway. CN US outside of weekends airs it for an hour a day. I just don't like when someone calls a show cancer. That's a bit too much to even say that word.

Also what hundreds of shows? It's not like they will randomly bring back classics. They've moved on since the mid 2010s.

Francisque

They need to fulfill the EU quota. The only European show right now they could air at night is Gumball. Meanwhile while I get that Ivandoe is European, it doesn't have enough episodes to play overnights yet. And saying that Gumball is better than TTG in my opinion is subjective. I enjoy both shows. For me both have goods and bads. I think TTG will end soon anyway. CN US outside of weekends airs it for an hour a day. I just don't like when someone calls a show cancer. That's a bit too much to even say that word.

Also what hundreds of shows? It's not like they will randomly bring back classics. They've moved on since the mid 2010s.
They can do it in another manner though, by not becoming the Gumball channel for 6-7 hours non stop.
They have a huge archive there, but they try to be as cheap as possible

I honestly try to be neutral with TTG, but it's quite obvious that Gumball is much more of a... cartoon

Markus Nelis

They can do it in another manner though, by not becoming the Gumball channel for 6-7 hours non stop.
They have a huge archive there, but they try to be as cheap as possible

I honestly try to be neutral with TTG, but it's quite obvious that Gumball is much more of a... cartoon
Honestly, what else could they air besides Gumball and Ivandoe as European to fulfill the quota?

With TTG, the main reason people don't like it because it ruined the 2003 TT. Which I disagree. This isn't a reboot. It's a spin-off. While I agree that Gumball is more funny but TTG isn't even close of being unwatchable. I've seen worse, PPG16 comes to mind.

Cool_Cat

The EU quota is just a directive, and according to multiple court cases it doesn't even apply to theme-oriented TV networks.

A directive aims at a result, it's not a law. That's up to national governments. For an example France has a French quota law on free to air TV.

Discovery's channels in Italy definively don't fill an EU quota, besides Nove.

Tbh I see many European imports also on other feeds outside of the EMEA region (excluding the US).

In any case, WBD is planning to shut down Tooncast in Latin America.

Francisque

Honestly, what else could they air besides Gumball and Ivandoe as European to fulfill the quota?

With TTG, the main reason people don't like it because it ruined the 2003 TT. Which I disagree. This isn't a reboot. It's a spin-off. While I agree that Gumball is more funny but TTG isn't even close of being unwatchable. I've seen worse, PPG16 comes to mind.
They cam also be less excessive though, CN Germany has to respect the quota too, but they don't play Gumball for 7 hours, a practice which is really really tiring.

I think the German team plays too safe probably because they're lazy to do anything better: they can still add a Regular Show or something to the mixture while respecting the quotas, especially since some channels barely care, or care less

Reactions: J10
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

So in case some of you didn't realise yet, those of you that know me from YouTube probably saw that today is a very bad day for me.
Changed to the Hungarian-flagged avatar because of a national holiday.
Whenever I get my first LPS toys (hopefully soon), I am considering doing a little unboxing video in the style of LPStubers. It would be nothing professional, I just want to show off my stuff in a fun way.
I said it elsewhere but I will say it again.

Dont worry, Me TV Toons taking its time to air the Scrappy era is nothing too bad, this is what CN did back in the day, they felt the need that people "needed to get fully tired of the old episodes" before they brought in the new stuff with Scrappy. We will see it again.
Mejo wrote on Daffyrocks's profile.
Hey Mihai, just saw that your channel was terminated.

My condolences go to you. Really hope that your channel gets reinstated.

Featured Posts