Cartoon that used both US and Canadian voice artists

Cullen

Some cartoons use US voice artists while others use Canadian voice artists. But there were some cartoons that used a mixture of both.

Zatch Bell

Mucha Lucha

Tripping the Rift

What's With Andy?

The Magic School Bus had Lily Tomlin and many US celebrity voices while the child cast was Canadian.

Coconut Fred's Fruit Salad Island. (Rob Paulsen was a US voice artist while the rest was Canadian.)

AintNobodyHere

Inspector Gadget did-- Cree Summers and her dad Don Francks were Canadian, and that was where the voice acting for the first season was done, but Frank Welker and Don Adams were American. Not sure about the rest of the supporting cast. In the second season, the cast moved to America and changed, leaving only Adams and Welker. (BTW, the second season's voices were considered inferior, as well as all the other changes.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Lonestarr

Stop eating my sesame cake!
Staff member
I'm kind of ashamed to know this, but "Johnny Test" featured James Arnold Taylor as the title character among its Canadian players.

And checking my sig reminds me that David Arquette was one of the voices on the (hugely) underrated "Pelswick".

Juu-kuchi

Everypony's Starry-Eyed
In the realm of anime, there's Nurse Witch Komugi, which had four main players of the anime Soultaker dubbed by their original cast members (by Canada-based Ocean Studios), while with the usual smattering of ADV regulars (whom are centered in Texas).

Wussycat

Baby Looney Tunes: Granny is voiced by June Foray, an American, and the rest of the characters are voiced by Canadians.

dth1971

Here's some:

The 1964 Rankin-Bass special "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer" (Burl Ives as Sam the Snowman was American, the other voices were Canadian)

"Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog" and "Sonic the Hedgehog" (Jaleel White, voice of Sonic, was American, the other voices were Canadian)

Tintin

The classic Spider-Man series was produced in US but the voices was from Canada too.

The Overlord

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
The 2002 He-Man cartoon starred Cam Clarke in the main role, but all the other voices were provided by Ocean Group VAs.

BackLash

The One Man Bureaucracy
No one said Reboot yet, well I'm the first, yeah baby. Also later X-Men video games, Cal Dodd reprized his roll as Wolverine, but is a mostly American V/O venture.

dth1971

Another thing about Canadian voice casts: Michael Yarmush, the original voice of Arthur from the Canadian produced (Cinar/Cookie Jar/9 Story) Arthur cartoon series was born in the USA in Miami, Florida in 1982 but moved to Montreal, Canada in the 1990's and still lives there and sometimes still does Canadian cartoon voices and other voice overs. Michael voiced Arthur from 1996 to 2000.

Aldrius

Arrogant Instigator
No one said Reboot yet, well I'm the first, yeah baby.

Reboot was a triple-threat. British, American, Canadian. :p Though mostly Canadian. Er... yeah.

Uh... pretty much anything with Tara Strong has a joint-voice acting list.

I'm not going to bother going into every single show she's been in.

Slane

"Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog" and "Sonic the Hedgehog" (Jaleel White, voice of Sonic, was American, the other voices were Canadian)

I think Sonic the Hedgehog (SatAM) had a majority of voice actors based in the United States (not necessarily from the United States), not only White but also Jim Cummings, Kath Soucie, Charlie Adler, Christine Cavanaugh, Cree Summer, and Tim Curry. Who were the Canadian voice actors?

Sonic Underground was another show mixing American and Canadian voice actors. White returned, but there were Canadian actors such as Gary Chalk and many other Ocean Group voices, as well as Maurice LaMarche (although he does much of his work in the United States).

Last edited by a moderator:

The Overlord

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Reboot was a triple-threat. British, American, Canadian. :p Though mostly Canadian. Er... yeah.

Uh... pretty much anything with Tara Strong has a joint-voice acting list.

I'm not going to bother going into every single show she's been in.

Tara Strong doesn't count, she is an ex pat Canadian, she lives in LA and likely has American citizenship, its klike she lives in Canada anymore. That's like saying any American cartoon that features Greg Ellis has a British/American voice cast, because he is a British ex pat.

Shiloh Otter

Anxiety in the house
Tara Strong doesn't count, she is an ex pat Canadian, she lives in LA and likely has American citizenship, its klike she lives in Canada anymore.

But she's still Canadian, just like Cree Summer is still American despite having Canadian citizenship.

The Overlord

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
But she's still Canadian, just like Cree Summer is still American despite having Canadian citizenship.

That may be so, but its a bit of reach to say a voice cast is Canadian/American if it has Tara strong who lives in America now and the rest are Americans.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Viper wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
Happy 4th of July, Light Lucario. I really hope you get to enjoy the fireworks tonight. Have a wonderful evening.
BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.
Happy 4th of July!
Oh, it's my birthday!

Featured Posts