Cartoon that used both US and Canadian voice artists

Aldrius

Arrogant Instigator
No it's not. =x She probably has a joint-citezenship if anything anyway.

I think Sonic the Hedgehog (SatAM) had a majority of voice actors based in the United States (not necessarily from the United States), not only White but also Jim Cummings, Kath Soucie, Charlie Adler, Christine Cavanaugh, Cree Summer, and Tim Curry. Who were the Canadian voice actors?

Long John Baldy is Canadian isn't he? I'm not sure.

dth1971

How about the second voice of Fred Flintstone - the late Henry Corden? He was born in Montreal, Canada.

Storm Eagle

Power to the peaceful
Captain N the Game Master
Super Mario Bros. Super Show
The Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3
Super Mario World
Beast Wars

These shows had a predominantly Canadian voice actor cast though.

Aldrius

Arrogant Instigator
There were no Americans in Beast Wars. I'm pretty sure.

Though all of my hunches prior to this haven't exactly been accurate. >_>;

He was British.

But he's no longer living.

Er... oops, I knew that.

Sketch

not like those other old guys
I've noticed... often enough when there's shall we say a "guest star voice" the rest of the voices are provided by Ocean Group.

dth1971

Captain N the Game Master
Super Mario Bros. Super Show

These shows had a predominantly Canadian voice actor cast though.

The only American voices in...
Captain N: Levi Stubbs, Jr. (of the Four Tops).
Super Mario Bros.: Lou Albono (former WWF Wrestler)

Antiyonder

Amalgam Universe Overlord
Staff member
Came across this thread on a Google Search.

Yeah it's really not that big a deal, but it certainly is fun to note whenever both sides of the voice pool mix. To response to an old post first,

The only American voices in...
Captain N: Levi Stubbs, Jr. (of the Four Tops).
Super Mario Bros.: Lou Albono (former WWF Wrestler)

Captain N Season 2 also had Frank Welker as Game Boy.

Now to add many other examples not acknowledge:
1. Sabrina The Animated Series: Mostly Canadian based, but for starters you had Cree Summer (originally from Canada), Melissa Joan Hart voicing Hilda and Zelda, Emily Hart voicing Sabrina and Nick Bakay reprising his role as Salem. Plus some guest voices by Mr. T and Wierd Al.

2. The Mighty Kong which has Dudley Moore as Carl Denham & King Kong, plus Jodi Benson as Ann Darrow among the cast mostly being of Canadians.

3. On the flipside Michael Donovan provided the voice of Grey Hulk in Season 2 of The Incredible Hulk, while the rest were US or US/Canadians.

4. Both Hulk VS stories had a good share of Canadian voices, with some US voices in the mix. Both had Bryce Johnson and Fred Tatasciore voicing Bruce Banner and The Hulk with the others being:

Hulk VS Wolverine: Steven Blum as Wolverine, Nolan North as Deadpool and Tom Kane as Professor Thornton of Weapon X

Hulk VS Thor: Graham McTavish as Loki, Kari Wahlgren as The Enchantress and Grey DeLisle as Sif

5. Planet Hulk's cast mostly Canadian, has Rick D. Wasserman as The Hulk, Liam O'Brien as Hiroim, Kevin Michael Richardson as Korg and Marc Worden as Iron Man.

6. Back in the 90s when USA had animated programs, they had an subtle crossover event with four of their cartoons which featured Michael Dorn as a character known as The Warrior King who hopped through separate dimensions to find a powerful orb. The story started with the Street Fighter episode well "The Warrior King", with the overall series being Canadian voice actors only.

7. Cyberchase's Candian cast was graced with the presence of Christopher Lloyd as The Hacker and Gilbert Gottfried as Digit.

8. Canadian voice actress Lenore Zann has participated in several cartoons that had mainly a US cast including:
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2003): Chikara-Shisho of the Ninja Tribunal
- The Mummy: The Animated Series: Anck-Su-Namun

9. Mark Hildreth, mostly just involved with other Canadian cast members has in the recent years made appearances in animated shows with a US cast. His one regular involvement I'm familiar with is Wolverine & The X-Men where he voiced Quicksilver.

10. David Sobolov has also took part in shows that were generally comprised of US voice actors. An early example I'm aware of is the premiere of Young Justice Invasion where he voiced Lobo.

More notably he's the regular voice behind Drax the Destroyer in Guardians of the Galaxy, plus voicing the character in guest appearances made in Ulimate Spider-Man and Avengers Assemble.

11. The Adventures of Teddy Ruxpin had Phil Baron voicing Teddy, and Will Ryan as the voice of Grubby.

12. Next Avengers: Heroes of Tomorrow had Noah Crawford as James Rogers, Dempsey Pappion as Azari T'Challa, Tom Kane as Tony Stark/Iron Man and Ultron, Ken Kramer as Bruce Banner and Fred Tatasciore as The Hulk.

13. The Condor, a DTV film has Wilmer Valderrama as Tony Valdez/The Condor, María Conchita Alonso as Maria Valdez, Mary Elizabeth McGlynn as Valeria/Taipan and Stan Lee as Grandfather.

14. Mosaic, another DTV film has Cam Clarke as Stephan, Stan Lee as Stanley and Jim Ward as a tour guide & detective.

15. As noted (much, much) earlier in the thread, the cast of X-Men The Animated Series is Canadian, but originally Storm was voiced by Iona Morris from the US.

Relating to this, the entire cast was to appear in the Spider-Man multi-parter Secret Wars, plus there was an additional installment of that storyline focusing on the X-Men plus one of their antagonists who was originally going to be Magneto, but presumably replaced with Mr. Sinister before the entire story was scrapped.

So, yeah I am way too fascinated about the subject of this discussion.

Last edited:

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
MLP is an example of this. Most of it's VAs work in Canada, but Tara Strong is in the U.S. Other than her, the only American actors that have been on the show were John de Lancie in some episodes and Weird Al and Patton Oswalt each being in an episode.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
1. There's Mucha Lucha, though it's interesting since the show is primarily recorded in Los Angeles with LA actors like Carlos Alazraqui, Kimberley Brooks, and Candi Milo with some supporting characters voiced by Canadians like Kathleen Barr and Tabitha St. Germain.

2. Littlest Pet Shop (2012) is recorded in Canada, but it's had three American actresses playing minor and/or recurring characters like Brooke Goldner (daughter of Hasbro CEO Brian Goldner), Heidi Klum, and Casey Wilson.

Antiyonder

Amalgam Universe Overlord
Staff member
1. There's Mucha Lucha, though it's interesting since the show is primarily recorded in Los Angeles with LA actors like Carlos Alazraqui, Kimberley Brooks, and Candi Milo with some supporting characters voiced by Canadians like Kathleen Barr and Tabitha St. Germain.

Yeah I forgot about Mucha Lucha's cast. Heck, it along with the much older Camp Candy have the distinction of having a near equal amount of US and Canadian voices compared to well, pretty much anything else mentioned that tends to either be mostly US/Canadian with only one or a few people from the outside.

CC's cast for the record:
US
- John Candy as Himself
- Lewis Arquette as Rex DeForest III
- Danny Mann as Chester
- Brian George as Botch
- Cree Summer as Robin

Canadian
- Valri Bromfield as Nurse Molly
- Willow Johnson as Vanessa
- Chiara Zanni as Alex

Additional Voices:
- Charles Adler (US)
- Pat Fraley (US)
- Maurice LaMarche (US/Canadian)
- Ian James Corlett (Canadian)
- Michael Donovan (Canadian)
- Ted Cole (Canadian)
- Gary Chalk (Canadian)

Last edited:

JoeMabbon

Robot Clone
Transformers Robots in Disguise is almost entirely American, though a couple of Beast Wars veterans (David Kaye, Ian James Corlett, etc.) have shown up in minor roles.

jaylop97

Staff member
Xiaolin Chronicles was a show that was produced in Canada that really baffled me, because it used only Canadian American Voice actors due to some weird Canadian Law, but what really confuses me more is Collette Sunderman the Voice Director isn't a dual citizen and was allowed in the show despite the aforementioned problem.

Marc Johnson

Megaman 2017 and it will be Japanese too

أرسلت من SM-A300H بإستخدام تاباتلك

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Xiaolin Chronicles was a show that was produced in Canada that really baffled me, because it used only Canadian American Voice actors due to some weird Canadian Law, but what really confuses me more is Collette Sunderman the Voice Director isn't a dual citizen and was allowed in the show despite the aforementioned problem.

Since Xiaolin Chronicles was recorded in Los Angeles and all the actors are Canada/US dual citizens based in LA, they need an American casting director and not a Canadian casting director like Terry Klassen or Michael Hack. Plus, on Mucha Lucha, she was the American casting director since the show was primarily recorded in Los Angeles, but since there were also plenty of characters voiced by Canadian actors based in Canada, VoiceBox Productions handled things on the Canadian side.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter

Since Xiaolin Chronicles was recorded in Los Angeles and all the actors are Canada/US dual citizens based in LA, they need an American casting director and not a Canadian casting director like Terry Klassen or Michael Hack. Plus, on Mucha Lucha, she was the American casting director since the show was primarily recorded in Los Angeles, but since there were also plenty of characters voiced by Canadian actors based in Canada, VoiceBox Productions handled things on the Canadian side.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The first South Park movie is 25 years old today.
New profile pic: Zadie from Work It Out Wombats!
The CSC Channels prior to 2017 were actually amazing. A shame it was all thrown under the bus.
Lesson learned. Never talk to anyone ever.

Featured Posts