DC Comics Animation - Comic Book News & Discussion Thread, Part 1 (Possible Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
DC Comics released the solicitation information for their February 2009 shipping comics, including the DC animated titles (comics based on the cartoons we cover here at The World's Finest). Check out the latest comic updates, with the information provided by DC Comics.

BATMAN: THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD #2

Written by: Matt Wayne
Art by: Phil Moy
Cover by: Scott Jeralds

Spinning out of the explosive new cartoon TV show, this stupendous second issue features Batman and the all-new Blue Beetle! Show writer Matt Wayne has the duo teaming up to investigate an invasion of mythical creatures!

Why are trolls are ogres from a video game raiding the real world? It’s up to Batman and Blue Beetle to find out – and they discover that someone’s not just playing around! All this action plus Batman's secret files await you in this ongoing series based on the newest cartoon incarnation of The Dark Knight! On sale February 25th, 2008.

Comments?

Bird Boy

WF Admin
Staff member
Matt Wayne (Justice League Unlimited) is set to be the regular writer of the new Batman: The Brave and The Bold series. Stay tuned for exclusive interviews and more based on this new animated comic spin-off!

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
DC Comics released the solicitation information for their March 2009 shipping comics, including the DC animated titles (comics based on the cartoons we cover here at The World's Finest). Check out the latest comic updates, with the information provided by DC Comics.

BATMAN: THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD #3

Art by: Andy Suriano & Dan Davis

When the Ultra-Humanite wants to score big, he goes straight to the top – he's after the President! But Batman and Green Arrow have a rescue plan so daring that we could only call this story "President Batman"! On Sale March 25th, 2009. On sale March 25th, 2008.

BATMAN: MAD LOVE AND OTHER STORIES HC

Written by: Paul Dini, Bruce Timm & Glen Murakami
Art by: Bruce Timm, Mike Parobeck, Matt Wagner, Dan DeCarlo, Klaus Janson and Glen Murakami
Cover by: Bruce Timm

Tales by two of the creators behind the acclaimed Batman Animated TV series are collected for the first time in hardcover! The centerpiece of this fantastic collection is the Eisner Award-winning BATMAN: MAD LOVE, the surprisingly dark origin of Harley Quinn, co-starring The Joker and Poison Ivy as well as Batman. Also included are tales by Dini, Timm and others that feature the Scarecrow, Ra’s al Ghul, Mr. Freeze, Batgirl and more, from BATMAN ADVENUTURES ANNUAL #1-2 and stories from the BATMAN ADVENTURES HOLIDAY SPECIAL, ADVENTURES IN THE DC UNIVERSE #3 and BATMAN BLACK AND WHITE #1! Advance-solicited; on sale May 20th.

JUSTICE LEAGUE UNLIMITED: HEROES TP

Written by Adam Beechen, Mike McAvennie & Bill Williams
Art by Carlo Barberi, Rick Burchett, Leigh Gallagher, Sanford Green and others

JUSTICE LEAGUE UNLIMITED #23-29 are collected in this new title starring The World’s Greatest Super Heroes!
Advance-solicited; on sale April 8th, 2009.

Comments?

Spider-Man

Ed Liu said:
From the Comic Book Culture Forum:

Normally, I get annoyed when DC and Marvel resolicit the same material in a newer package to try to get me to buy it again. So, officially, I'm annoyed that they're re-releasing Batman: Mad Love in a HC edition. Unofficially, I am making little girly noises of glee and setting aside the $20 so I can buy almost everything in this book for the THIRD TIME. I must be crazy. Also, the original Dangerous Dames & Demons TPB has been out of print for FAR too long, so I guess I can think of this as DC getting it back into print rather than trying to make me buy it again.
So is this new hardcover exactly the same as the Dangerous Dames and Demons TPB from a few years ago? I can’t find that trade anywhere but with this release it looks like I can stop looking. I’m glad that Mad Love is being releasing in hardcover. I have been waiting for it to get this treatment for some time

I am hoping we see a nice trade or hardcover release of the Harley & Ivy mini-series soon. I know DC released it in a trade with some other regular DC continuity Harley & Ivy stories by Judd Winick but that doesn’t interest me. If they release Harley & Ivy along with the Gotham Girls mini-series in one collection then I would definitely jump on that. Harley & Ivy and the Gotham Girls would be a cool collection.

Silly McGooses

I bought the Dangerous Dames and Demons TPB and, like Ed Liu, I'll be stupid enough to shell out again just to get these in a nice hardback. It sounds like pretty much the same collection, except with the addition of the "Two of a Kind" Two-Face story from Batman: Black and White. Now if only they'd give similar treatment to all the Batman Adventures titles.

Since when did Mad Love co-star Poison Ivy?

ShadowStar

Since when did Mad Love co-star Poison Ivy?

I was wondering that too. Is that the official solicitation, anyway? I mean, they've called Mad Love "the surprisingly dark origin of Harley Quinn". Reminds me of when Warner Bros. (I think it was them) remarked that Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker "actually" turned out better than they expected. The surprise they've expressed at both makes me laugh.

I ordered Batman and Robin Adventures annual 1 earlier. Looking forward to reading it and hoping it arrives before Christmas! :D

Ed Liu

Frog of Thunder
Staff member
Reporter
So is this new hardcover exactly the same as the Dangerous Dames and Demons TPB from a few years ago? I can’t find that trade anywhere but with this release it looks like I can stop looking. I’m glad that Mad Love is being releasing in hardcover. I have been waiting for it to get this treatment for some time

DC helpfully still lists the TPB even though it's out of print. It does look like the new Mad Love HC will contain everything that was in the DD&D book, as well as the Dini/Timm short story from Batman: Black and White (which was a pretty dark Two-Face thing if I remember right, and which I own 2 or 3 times already also).

That is the official solicitation text for the month (go check!). I'm pretty sure that Poison Ivy shows up briefly in the Arkham sequences of "Mad Love," too, but I wouldn't call it "co-starring" either. She does figure prominently in the Christmas story that's in there, so maybe whoever writes the solicits at DC got confused.

But I am (squeee!!!!) very disappointed (eeeeee!!!!) that we're just getting (yeee!!!! yeee!!!! yeeee!!!) another reprint (eeeeee!!!) instead of something new (squeeeee!!!!!!!!!) :D.

-- Ed

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
DC Comics released the solicitation information for their April 2009 shipping comics, including the DC animated titles (comics based on the cartoons we cover here at The World's Finest). Check out the latest comic updates, with the information provided by DC Comics.

BATMAN: THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD #4

Art by: Andy Suriano & Dan Davis

Batman knows one must study the past in order to solve the problems of the future, but he never expected to literally be part of history! Now, thanks to the Time Lord known as Rip Hunter, Batman and Aquaman might never return to the present! On sale April 22th, 2009.

JUSTICE LEAGUE UNLIMITED: HEROES TP

Written by Adam Beechen, Mike McAvennie & Bill Williams
Art by Carlo Barberi, Rick Burchett, Leigh Gallagher, Sanford Green and others

JUSTICE LEAGUE UNLIMITED #23-29 are collected in this new title starring The World’s Greatest Super Heroes!
Advance-solicited; on sale April 8th, 2009.

Comments?

Dusty

Superman.
Batman The Brave and The Bold #1
10937_400x600.jpg

Now I just I hope they will try to get WW for the show,

D.

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
DC Comics released the solicitation information for their May 2009 shipping comics, including the DC animated titles (comics based on the cartoons we cover here at The World's Finest). Check out the latest comic updates, with the information provided by DC Comics.

BATMAN: THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD #5

Written by: J. Torres
Art by: Carlo Barberi & Terry Beatty

Children everywhere are missing thanks to the Queen of Fables! It’s up to Batman and Captain Marvel to give this mystery a happy ending! On sale May 27th, 2009.

BATMAN: MAD LOVE AND OTHER STORIES HC

Written by: Paul Dini, Bruce Timm & Glen Murakami
Art by: Bruce Timm, Mike Parobeck, Matt Wagner, Dan DeCarlo, Klaus Janson and Glen Murakami
Cover by: Bruce Timm

Tales by two of the creators behind the acclaimed Batman Animated TV series are collected for the first time in hardcover! The centerpiece of this fantastic collection is the Eisner Award-winning BATMAN: MAD LOVE, the surprisingly dark origin of Harley Quinn, co-starring The Joker and Poison Ivy as well as Batman. Also included are tales by Dini, Timm and others that feature the Scarecrow, Ra’s al Ghul, Mr. Freeze, Batgirl and more, from BATMAN ADVENUTURES ANNUAL #1-2 and stories from the BATMAN ADVENTURES HOLIDAY SPECIAL, ADVENTURES IN THE DC UNIVERSE #3 and BATMAN BLACK AND WHITE #1! Advance-solicited; on sale May 20th.

Comments?

J. Torres

Teen Titans Go Writer
Hey, fellow DC toon fans!

In case you missed it, Batman: The Brave and the Bold #5 is currently being solicited. It's my first contribution to the series and I've got more stories lined up and will dish about those later. In the meantime...

bnb5.jpg

BATMAN: THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD #5
Written by J. Torres; Art by Carlo Barberi and Terry Beatty; Cover by Scott Jeralds

Children everywhere are missing thanks to the Queen of Fables! It's up to Batman and Captain Marvel to give this mystery a happy ending!

Johnny DC 32pg. Color $2.50 US

On Sale May 27, 2009

Gail Simone e-mailed me to say she was happy to hear that we used her creation, the Queen of Fables, in this issue - and I hope fans are too! I was very happy to write Captain Marvel, a childhood favorite, and to get to team him up with Batman in was even cooler. And on top of it all, Carlo Barberi is drawing it :)

Pre-order your copy today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.
PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes
Xilam is one of my most favourite animation studios, I enjoy alot of their cartoons from Hubert and Takako, Oggy and the Cockroaches and Zig and Sharko. Xilam is a studio that has inspired many and has created endless classics that we enjoy.

What's your most fond memory of Xilam?
Given how Drew Barrymore's production company Flower Films has mainly made live action projects for older audiences, them producing the TV special Olive The Other Reindeer and the Netflix preschool show Princess Power are definitely quite unusual. It would certainly explain the humor of the latter.

Featured Posts