"DC Studios' DC Universe" Movie News & Discussion Part 4 (Spoilers)

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member

Frontier

Staff member
Gunn confirms John Cena will continue as Peacemaker, Viola Davis as Amanda Waller, and Xolo Maridueña as Jaime Reyes in the DCU canon.

Also comments on canon, "Some plot points might be consistent with plot points from the dozens of films, shows & animated projects that have come from DC in the past. But nothing is canon until CC and Legacy." and fans won't have watch anything prior to Creature Commandos to get what's going on.
Good for Xolo and Jaime :).

I'm thinking at least TSS will be confirmed canon because of Peacemaker since Rick Flag Sr. is in it and the Creature Commandos might be the new Task Force X. I feel like Margot Robbie's Harley will worm her way in somehow :p.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I'm thinking at least TSS will be confirmed canon because of Peacemaker since Rick Flag Sr. is in it and the Creature Commandos might be the new Task Force X. I feel like Margot Robbie's Harley will worm her way in somehow :p.
Something along those lines were said before but now Gunn's new comments seem to indicate in this new movie canon, some back stories will be similar to the past canon but those movies and shows won't be 1:1 canon. That won't get confusing! lol.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
So like a horror movie where Scarecrow hunts some college kids and makes them experience their worst fears :confused:?
10/26: Idk, didn't a bunch of movies like this come out called Saw? :p

11/22: Rumor round up is:
-Jung Byung-Gil is being eyed to write and direct the Huntress project.
-Lobo movie in the works. Jason Momoa stars and produces it, blend of western and sci-fi, Lobo hunts down a rogue GL while bonding with his daughter Crush, releases near the end of Chapter One
-A new solo Wonder Woman movie, new actress
-Atom movie, Etrigan R movie, Plastic Man movie, Doom Patrol movie, Deadshot movie for Chapter 2-3

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
11/22: Rumor round up is:
-Jung Byung-Gil is being eyed to write and direct the Huntress project.
-Lobo movie in the works. Jason Momoa stars and produces it, blend of western and sci-fi, Lobo hunts down a rogue GL while bonding with his daughter Crush, releases near the end of Chapter One
-A new solo Wonder Woman movie, new actress
-Atom movie, Etrigan R movie, Plastic Man movie, Doom Patrol movie, Deadshot movie for Chapter 2-3
Huntress better have a proper costume :cool:.

Kind of reminds me of the possible Blade movie pairing him with a daughter o_O.

I don't feel like DC/WB can get away without at least some plan for a new Wonder Woman :).

Plastic Man I can buy (well, a legit Plastic Man movie). Doom Patrol feels a little too soon after the show ended. Atom and Deadshot feel like wayyyyy too wishful thinking :p.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.
PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes
Xilam is one of my most favourite animation studios, I enjoy alot of their cartoons from Hubert and Takako, Oggy and the Cockroaches and Zig and Sharko. Xilam is a studio that has inspired many and has created endless classics that we enjoy.

What's your most fond memory of Xilam?
Given how Drew Barrymore's production company Flower Films has mainly made live action projects for older audiences, them producing the TV special Olive The Other Reindeer and the Netflix preschool show Princess Power are definitely quite unusual. It would certainly explain the humor of the latter.
According to TVInsider, MTV2 will premiere Sponge on the Run movie on Sat Jul 13 at 6pm

Featured Posts