Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Demon Slayer: Hashira Training

Season Four

DemonSlayerHashiraTraining.jpg

Premiere: May 12, 2024

Where: Crunchyroll

# of Episodes: 11, Episodes 56 to 66 (unconfirmed)

Episode 1 "To Defeat Muzan Kibutsuji" - May 12, 2024
In the village of the swordsmith, the two Upper Rank demons were defeated thanks to the efforts of Tanjiro and the two Hashira. And the existence of Nezuko, who has conquered the sun, foreshadows a big battle with Muzan Kibutsuji. Meanwhile, the Hashira gathered at the Ubuyashiki residence and a Hashira meeting was held.

See Also:
Demon Slayer (Season One) Talkback Threads
2. Demon Slayer: Mugen Train Movie Discussion Thread (the previous arc)
--Note: In Demon Slayer: Entertainment District, this movie is Episodes 27 to 33.

3. Demon Slayer: Entertainment District (Season 2b) Talkback Thread
--Talkback thread on Adult Swim Board

4. Demon Slayer: Swordsmith Village (Season 3) Talkback Thread

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Episode 1: Beautiful animation in the season opener. The Wind and Snake Hashiras on a mission was a great start since we've hardly seen much of them much less in action. Crazy to see they saw the Infinity Castle ever so briefly.

No surprise Tanjiro is going to be the lynchpin in the other Hashiras leveling up. Interesting the mark allowed the Mist and Love Hashira to heal so quickly, too. While I'm sure fans while find this season a groaner that it's one big training arc, it's a great way to flesh out the Hashiras before the end of the series inches closer and closer. And also based on the basic fitness segment with Tengen, there is a really wide gap between the Hashira and the rest of the Corps so it seems Tanjiro, Zenitsu, Inosuke, Genya, Kanao are a rare exception somewhere in the middle.

Forgot how much Tanjiro can eat and pack away, lol.

rofl at Haganezuka being in so much pain he came off calmer than usual. :D

The girls' replies to Zenitsu. lmao. No. Not really. Feel free to die. :D :D

What a shocker they want Lady Tamayo to relocate to Slayer HQ!

Seems like we're close to finally learning more about Tomioka.

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member

Episode 2 "Water Hashira Giyu Tomioka's Pain" - May 19, 2024
Kagaya's Kasugai Crow suddenly appears in front of Tamayo and invites her to the Demon Slayer headquarters — even though she is a demon. Meanwhile, Tanjiro, who is recovering at the Butterfly Mansion, receives a letter from Kagaya...

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Funny a week of series long callbacks, first with MHA. Now with Sabito with Demon Slayer. Touching reveal that Giyu's coat is half his sister's and half Sabito's. It was also a surprise he wasn't a Water Hashira this whole time? But the way the others acted around him and he showed up for the meetings... I guess more accurate he was a provisional Water Hashira? That was a bit confusing.

Very hilarious that Tanjiro basically wore Giyu down by staying at his residence until he caved? "Will haunt me from now on?" :D lmao, the look on his face he's taking a bath and Tanjiro is at the window.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member

Episode 3 "Fully Recovered Tanjiro Joins the Hashira Training!!" - May 26, 2024
After talking with Tanjiro, Giyu is able to overcome his past self and decides to join the training. Meanwhile, Tanjiro's wounds have healed enough to join the training, and heads to his first training with the former Hashira, Uzui.

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
It was nice to see Tanjiro was a divining rod of sorts, inspiring the Slayers being trailed by Uzui.

Hmm, well a Hashira could get stronger by sparring with another Hashira. Sound logic.

Heh, Giyu let Tanjiro win the contest. That guy's horrified face next to them. :D

Next up, Tokita the Mist Hashira. Oof, not looking so good for those Slayers training with him.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member

Episode 4 "To Bring a Smile to One's Face" - June 2, 2024
After completing training with Uzui, Tanjiro visits the Tokito residence next. The Demon Slayer swordsmen who have already started the training are dispirited by Muichiro's intense training and harsh words. Tanjiro hears the swordsmen discussing if there's anything they can do about it...

Last edited:

Space Cadet

I'M SWEATING
Staff member
I can't remember from previous seasons, but has Tanjiro been this...buff before? Maybe he has but this is the first time I'm really noticing it. It also helps that he's been shirtless for a little bit, lol.

"Training" among the upper ranks is really different compared to the trainees, lol.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Yeah, I think he's been buff before. When they're at the Butterfly Mansion training, they've shown him to be buff along with the other 2.

Bonding over paper airplanes. I forget they're all just kids.

While it's nice to catch up with characters we've met, it will be more entertaining when Tanjiro is no longer the teacher's pet. So far he's been going to the Hashiras he's met before. But after the Love Hashira, that's it. The other 3 don't know him and that just be really fun. :D

Ulp, so an Upper is spying on them. The way they keep bringing up they think Nezuko is the target is getting worrying. That's totally the writing trying to trick the audience so I'm leaning more to the notion there's going to be a twist and she's not even Muzan's real target in this arc. I doubt it's another assault on the swordsmiths. So that just leaves Kagaya and Tamayo...

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member

Episode 5 "I Even Ate Demons" - June 9, 2024
After completing Mitsuri's training, Tanjiro heads to train with Iguro. When he arrives at the training site, Iguro is waiting for him, visibly angry. Will he be able to complete this horrifying training where he'll have to fix his sword skills?

Last edited:

Space Cadet

I'M SWEATING
Staff member
Sanemi, I know you don't want Genya in the corps but you don't need to injure him beyond repair.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
heh heh, that flexibility training was killer.

That was kinda cute Iguro misinterpreted the letters from Kanroki and got super jealous. :D

"Get the hell out here" lmao. Well, Tanjiro passed.

Ha ha, not surprised Tanjiro ended up in a fight with Sanemi. At least he was able to stop the first punch and managed to land a kick. Zenitsu escaping like a gecko, rofl.

Hey, Stone Hashira's making them do takigyo! And Inosuke's already there.

Overall, about as brutal as I thought with the Hashira Tanjiro never bonded with. And glad they sped through 3 this week. Seems like the first half of the season is Hashira training, while the second deals with Muzan's next move. Just realized that Upper with the biwa was present before in the Infinity Castle but wasn't an upper or lower. Guess Muzan promoted her off-screen.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member

Episode 6 "The Strongest in the Demon Slayer Corps" - June 16, 2024
Tanjiro and Zenitsu head to Himejima's training site deep in the mountains and reunite with Inosuke and Murata.

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Feels like a long-time since we've had Zenitsu antics...

Himejima remains the most enigmatic of the Hashira.

Interesting, so intense emotional recall is the key to the mark. And all the tragedy Tanjiro has accumulated is serving to power it. All thanks to unexpected advice from Genya.

So Muzan is actually looking for both Nezuko and Ubuyashiki. It's a bit surprising he never knew Ubuyashiki's location all this time.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member

Episode 7 "Stone Hashira Gyomei Himejima" - June 23, 2024
After Tanjiro reaches a dead end with Himejima's tasks, he runs into Genya coincidentally and manages to move the boulder thanks to his advice.

Last edited:

Space Cadet

I'M SWEATING
Staff member
Considering how hot it is right now, I need a Himejima following me around, giving me water lol. His backstory was sad, especially since he was protecting her from the demons.

Also, you know we're near the end of the series once Muzan himself shows up to get involved. What a dramatic entrance.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Oh, he's blind. I thought that was an artistic choice this whole time but in retrospect that was so obvious...

Awww, Tanjjiro and Himejima had a Charlie and Wonka moment there. Kinda.

Not surprised another Hashira with a tragic backstory but this was the most tragic - betrayed by two of his wards in different ways.

Was totally waiting for Genya and Inosuke to scrap eventually, ha ha.

Very dramatic turn for Zenitsu. Must have been really, really bad news.

Tanjiro, Tanjiro. You'll never be Wind Hashira's friend.

That crow was freakin' hilarious. "Don't do that, you fools." :D :D :D

Rut-ro. The leaders of both sides finally meet. Safe to see this will be the end of Ubuyashiki. Wonder why his compound had no wisteria.

6/25: Demon Slayer: Hashira Training English dub starts June 30.

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member

Episode 8 "The Hashira Unite" - June 30, 2024 (Season Finale)
On a quiet, moonlit night, Kagaya finally meets Muzan Kibutsuji, who appears at the Ubuyashiki residence.

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
What an epic season finale! The sort of lull of Muzan surprisingly listening to everything Ubuyashiki then BOOM blew up his own home and family, his corpse landing and trying to regenerate through the shrapnel then Tamayo attacking him with her cure and her blood spikes, then Himejima charging in with his mace ball/chain, axe. Holy cow, that was some amazing animation.

But alas Muzan had his own trap set, too. So the Infinite Castle trilogy seems to be an epic non-stop battle royale with all of the Demon Slayer Corps vs. the assorted demons, remaining Uppers, Muzan. While they didn't show all the Uppers, a little interesting Yushiro was not shown either. And haha, figures that Inosuke would be the only one stoked about the situation.

Ok, so the season premiere and finale was double so this season had 8 episodes but 10 episodes technically.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The first South Park movie is 25 years old today.
New profile pic: Zadie from Work It Out Wombats!
The CSC Channels prior to 2017 were actually amazing. A shame it was all thrown under the bus.
Lesson learned. Never talk to anyone ever.

Featured Posts