Disney+ News & Discussion Thread

GRPHX

Speaking of Harmony Gold, I heard that Disney had a Harmony Gold version of Saban's Pinocchio (which Saban's Pinocchio rights expired when Disney took over the company). Frankly, it was the most traumatic Pinocchio media I've ever watched. I still can't believe how such a sick thing was done. Then I searched but couldn't find much. What is Harmony Gold and how does it relate to Disney?

• Informative
Reactions: Moe

FirePuppy

We're finally getting our current Disney animated feature, Wish, on April 3. I thought we were never going to get it.

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
We're finally getting our current Disney animated feature, Wish, on April 3. I thought we were never going to get it.
Disney now wants to win their theatrical audience back by moving the D+ releases of their theatrical films back.

• Agree

GRPHX

Speaking of Harmony Gold, I heard that Disney had a Harmony Gold version of Saban's Pinocchio (which Saban's Pinocchio rights expired when Disney took over the company). Frankly, it was the most traumatic Pinocchio media I've ever watched. I still can't believe how such a sick thing was done. Then I searched but couldn't find much. What is Harmony Gold and how does it relate to Disney?
I'm still waiting for someone to tell me this.

Moe

Prior to pandemic, you have to wait 8-9 months for new films come to Disney+ after first release to movie theaters and Disney shorten the releases much sooner after pandemic.

Now, there isn't pandemic anymore and corporations start to return to normalcy.

There are some movies like Avatar: The Way of Water and Top Gun Maverick, you have to wait 6 months and 7 months to be on Disney+/Max and Paramount+.

Does this mean Inside Out 2 will most likely be released on Disney+ just weeks before we get Moana 2 in theaters?
If based on 5 months, it would be very closer and Disney may want to wait until Christmas.

Right now, it is uncertain because Disney could decide to lengthen the release between movie theaters and streaming.

If you are impatient, you can buy home video digitally ($20 for 4K version) that come out 2-3 months after release to movie theaters.

FirePuppy

If you are impatient, you can buy home video digitally ($20 for 4K version) that come out 2-3 months after release to movie theaters.
No way am I doing that. I subscribe to basic Disney+ for life now, and there's lots of other things I can do and watch before any new movies arrive.

John Pannozzi

Leggo my Eggo, mouth breather!
Harmony Gold has nothing to do with Disney.

Moe

No way am I doing that. I subscribe to basic Disney+ for life now, and there's lots of other things I can do and watch before any new movies arrive.
Ok, I just gave a option, that all.

If it wasn't for movie theaters, studios would have minimal contents and bad news to creatives, actors and writers. As for this reason, studios don't release movie to streaming quickly and 6 months appears to be a fair with 90 days for movie theaters and 90 days for home videos.

Harmony Gold has nothing to do with Disney.
I'm wonder about why many people hate Harmony Gold?

TnAdct1

Ravioli, Ravioli
I'm wonder about why many people hate Harmony Gold?
One word: Robotech.

Because Harmony Gold is still committed in that franchise, they still have the American rights to the three anime that make up the show, and that includes the original Macross. This resulted in a lot of legal red tape that prevented the rest of the Macross shows to be released outside of Japan until now, and it's a huge reason why the original series and the movie that is an alternate telling of the show are not part of the Disney+ deal outside of Japan.

Last edited:

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
One word: Robotech.

Because Harmony Gold is still committed in that franchise, they still have the American rights of the three anime that make up the show, and that includes the original Macross. This resulted in a lot of legal red tape that prevented the rest of the Macross shows to be released outside of Japan until now, and it's a huge reason the original series and the movie that is an alternate telling of the show are not part of the Disney+ deal outside of Japan.
Which is why I would like to see Tatsunoko and Big West (the co-owners of Macross) to buy HG in order to end this mess.

• Informative

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
Yeah, I kind of like it since it makes it stand out in color a bit, but if it was for the Hulu stuff, kind of wish they made it blue and green that'd be nice.
BB1kv0WH.img

Moe

If this logo change is global, shouldn't Hulu be all over the world?
Hulu is US brand and Star is for outside of the US.

Even, Canada is in North America but they use Star instead of Hulu.

I do think Disney rather to use Star is more known to oversea.

GRPHX

Hulu is US brand and Star is for outside of the US.

Even, Canada is in North America but they use Star instead of Hulu.

I do think Disney rather to use Star is more known to oversea.
It should be united globally under a single brand. In addition, unlike BamTech's weak system, Hulu's technical infrastructure is different and ST⭐R a loser brand with no originality. It is also not available in some countries such as Greece and Türkiye. For example, we don't have any :) They gathered all general entertainment topics under something ridiculous like more entertainment. I find Disney+'s interface and brand tile idea weak and unconfident. As Peltz said, it is not right to collect all entertainment content behind one frame. In terms of interface, it is as bad as WarnerBros' local Turkish platform BluTV. It also lacks things like artificial intelligence support and algorithms. Hulu is more advanced for this. They should at least change the infrastructure. Hulu is far ahead in this sense.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I am more optimistic than I was awhile ago. I'm eagerly anticipating to see Porky and Daffy's movie in theaters because seeing hand drawn animation on the big screen is a real treat. And Pepe Le Pew is no longer retired. No need to worry anymore. Looney Tunes are still core to WB, and I am excited for what is next for them in the future.
Happy National Radio Day, Uh what's left of it! The day not radio.

Why youtube nickjr have Kamp Koral video for this??
Two Two's wrote on Mejo's profile.
What's your favourite classic Disney short?
#releasethebvsentertainmentlibrary

Featured Posts