Disney+ News & Discussion Thread

Francisque

Hulu is US brand and Star is for outside of the US.

Even, Canada is in North America but they use Star instead of Hulu.

I do think Disney rather to use Star is more known to oversea.
Hulu is obviously going to stay, no matter what oversea markets use.

I like the teal shades very much, the dark blue was getting so boring

Moe

You'll find it's actually very used throughout the world :D

It's a gradient. kind of teal with some blue thrown in anyway :D
Hulu started with green and later became a light green after rebrand several years ago.

I avoid comment on Nelson Peltz and I dislike him due to his unpleasant views, not related to Disney and I can't say further because political discussion is forbidden on this forum. Also have him doesn't fix the problem with Disney, especially obscure and vaulted contents. He cares about live action Marvel and Star Wars that make a lot of money - of course, he is investor. Disney is committed to make their studios more diverse because our country is become like Brazil and they want to reach to all backgrounds as possible.

I'm not optimistic with Hulu because they have much less contents now than in 2015 and have more competition with streaming services are blamed for less contents on Hulu, Netflix and Starz. I have to pay Disney+ and Hulu (bundle help to make slightly less expensive) since subscribers outside of the US only have to pay Disney+ that include Star hub.

DeanBurrito25

The color change signaling a Disney+/Hulu merger is a Mr. Fantastic/Mrs. Incredible length stretch, but considering teal is formed by combining blue (D+'s original brand color) and green (Hulu's brand color), the speculation is not exactly unfounded. :sweat:

I've said it already, but way too many streamers are using blue nowadays. Even over-the-air networks like CBS and PBS aren't immune to this trend now! We really need some more variety, and that's coming from someone who loves the color blue.

GRPHX

This color can be accurately described as Turquoise. As a Turk, I liked it because the etymological origin of the color Turquoise comes from the Turks. Even though a logo change doesn't make much sense but any change is still good. Enjoy the full Hulu launch.

I hope Hulu will be added to non-Star global markets as a 6th box.

cheril59

This color can be accurately described as Turquoise. As a Turk, I liked it because the etymological origin of the color Turquoise comes from the Turks. Even though a logo change doesn't make much sense but any change is still good. Enjoy the full Hulu launch.

Mayhaps a hint of aquamarine?

Moe

There is update - beta is ending soon.

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
Of course

They are probably the same as us. More Entertainment...
Hmm in places where they can't use Star or don't they should use the Hulu name there, it's at least a better name than More Entertainment.
There is update - beta is ending soon.

Now it's time for Disney Plus on Hulu :p

Moe

Beta is gone now but they haven't added Season 1-4 of Fargo on Disney+.

You may need Hulu for some missing contents.

After I saw comments on Reddit and realized about difference with Star that include all studios that Disney own (Fox Century, Touchstone, ABC) since Hulu include extensive non-Disney studios (Paramount, Comcast's NBCUniversal, WBD). I believe that Disney has to fulfill the streaming obligation until licensing expires in months to several years and in 2-5 years, we would only see Disney studios and Sony studios on Hulu hub as most non-Disney studios disappears, so we will be on par with Star. We saw a biggest price hikes in the US - $20 per month for Disney+ and Hulu no ads since subscribers in oversea with Star have to pay no more than $15 per month for no ads.

There are some members want to see Hulu to be sold to Comcast's NBCUniversal with much of Disney contents removed but Disney went to bought Hulu instead.

One of Redditor said Star has a lot of Touchstone and 20th Century movies that are missing on Hulu.

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
I believe that Disney has to fulfill the streaming obligation until licensing expires in months to several years and in 2-5 years, we would only see Disney studios and Sony studios on Hulu hub as most non-Disney studios disappears, so we will be on par with Star.
Are you sure Disney is still planning to add Sony stuff to Hulu?

Moe

Are you sure Disney is still planning to add Sony stuff to Hulu?
Disney and Sony has agreement on streaming rights for Sony movies and TV shows since 2022.

It may expires in 2026 but agreement is likely to be renewed if Disney want to continue with streaming rights.

As for reason, movies and shows from NBCUniversal, WBD, Paramount and others are likely to be delisted from Hulu within months to years, exception of several contents like Modern Family. Rugrats and Nick shows would be definitely gone.

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
Disney and Sony has agreement on streaming rights for Sony movies and TV shows since 2022.

It may expires in 2026 but agreement is likely to be renewed if Disney want to continue with streaming rights.

As for reason, movies and shows from NBCUniversal, WBD, Paramount and others are likely to be delisted from Hulu within months to years, exception of several contents like Modern Family. Rugrats and Nick shows would be definitely gone.
I thought they were going to be available on Disney+, but I guess that’s a Hulu thing.

Reactions: Moe

Moe

I thought they were going to be available on Disney+, but I guess that’s a Hulu thing.
I think deal is likely to be expanded if streaming rights with Sony for Hulu expires. If Disney welcomes Sony movies and TV shows on Disney+ and they are likely to be same for Hulu.

Sony leased multiple streaming rights to streaming services like Netflix, Starz, Amazon, MGM+/ScreenPix, etc.

cheril59

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I am more optimistic than I was awhile ago. I'm eagerly anticipating to see Porky and Daffy's movie in theaters because seeing hand drawn animation on the big screen is a real treat. And Pepe Le Pew is no longer retired. No need to worry anymore. Looney Tunes are still core to WB, and I am excited for what is next for them in the future.
Happy National Radio Day, Uh what's left of it! The day not radio.

Why youtube nickjr have Kamp Koral video for this??
Two Two's wrote on Mejo's profile.
What's your favourite classic Disney short?
#releasethebvsentertainmentlibrary

Featured Posts