Fox Kids/Jetix & Saban Library - Missing on Disney+

Moe

Out of those series, I think "Saban's Adventures of the Little Mermaid" won't ever be released on Disney+, since, well, it conflicts with "The Little Mermaid" also made by Disney.
Tubi can be a home for this show.

Tubi has a lot of old acquired shows and less known shows. If Disney don't want to put some Jetix shows on Disney+, so they should put on Tubi.

I do feel some shows are charity - it means they are free to stream and don't require payment to be paid to actors, writers and others.

GRPHX

Tubi has a lot of old acquired shows and less known shows. If Disney don't want to put some Jetix shows on Disney+, so they should put on Tubi.
Could you give some examples to us?

Igorov

I do feel some shows are charity - it means they are free to stream and don't require payment to be paid to actors, writers and others.
Tubi is not available outside the United States. People want to watch these shows in their native language. If Disney can't do this, they should get out of the streaming service business. There are more Disney shows on YouTube than Disney+. So why does the service called Disney+ exist?

Moe

Could you give some examples to us?
Tubi is free ads supported streaming service that has a lot of acquired shows that remind me of Netflix in old days. Tubi is expanding to other countries but not sure if contents would be same in all countries.

Tubi1.png

Tubi2.png

Tubi3.png

Tubi is not available outside the United States.
Tubi is available in numbers of other countries - Australia, Costa Rica, India, Mexico, Panama, Canada and several others. They are expanding to oversea market.

If Disney can't do this, they should get out of the streaming service business.
Ok, Disney cares about how many are subscribers and they want to compete with Netflix directly. If Disney don't see old shows as worth to justifying the subscription growth, so they wouldn't be priority to get added quickly.

Sad to tell - streaming services aren't place that you want access to all contents.

If it wasn't for Disney+, there are a lot of old shows would be stuck in the vault and they are less likely to be license out, even most of their shows weren't carried on Netflix when they were peak (amount of contents, not subscribers) in 2011-2012.

There are more Disney shows on YouTube than Disney+. So why does the service called Disney+ exist?
Most of Disney shows (beside shorts) on YouTube aren't legit since Disney+ is legit place to access, despite not all old shows are available.

MPA, formerly MPAA is getting more intense with anti-piracy as they expand their influence to oversea.

I realized this thread is strictly discuss about missing shows on Disney+ and I thought Tubi would be preferred alternative. Let go back on topic about missing shows on Disney+.

JulianRO

Interestingly enough, SIP Animation wasn't closed in 2009, it was closed actually 3 months ago.

I checked the last "Comptes sociaux" (full accounts) and it mentions at one page (translated from French):

"The company enters the scope of consolidation by full integration of the company "B.V.S. ENTERTAINMENT »"

So it seems that BVS (formerly Saban) absorbed SIP Animation, and not The Walt Disney Company France. TWDC France acts only as a contact point for the SIP assets.

GRPHX

Interestingly enough, SIP Animation wasn't closed in 2009, it was closed actually 3 months ago.

I checked the last "Comptes sociaux" (full accounts) and it mentions at one page (translated from French):

"The company enters the scope of consolidation by full integration of the company "B.V.S. ENTERTAINMENT »"

So it seems that BVS (formerly Saban) absorbed SIP Animation, and not The Walt Disney Company France. TWDC France acts only as a contact point for the SIP assets.
Holly s... what did you mean?

JulianRO

I meant that BVS Entertainment (formerly Saban) is the one who absorbed SIP Animation.

And SIP Animation continued to exist between 2009 and October 2023, but it didn't produce anything.

Last edited:

harry580

so, it not disney France who absorbed sip animation but rather bvs entertainment?, I thought bvs entertainment was folded in 2014/2015 and that sip animation was absorbed into disney france in 2009

GRPHX

I meant that BVS Entertainment (now Saban) is the one who absorbed SIP Animation.

And SIP Animation continued to exist between 2009 and October 2023, but it didn't produce anything.
I thought SIP had nothing to do with BVS after 2001. How can this happen? Didn't Disney also purchase directly 49% of this company? It's been in operation since 2009, right? I thought its rights were with TWDC France and it was closed.

so, it not disney France who absorbed sip animation but rather bvs entertainment?, I thought bvs entertainment was folded in 2014/2015 and that sip animation was absorbed into disney france in 2009
I thought BVS Entertainment was folded into Freeform/ABC Family since it hasn't been listed in SEC reports since 2014.

@JulianRO
Did I get right? Are you talking about the existence of a BVS Entertainment company that is still alive today and that Disney transferred its forgotten SIP assets here in the 4th quarter of the year?

harry580

I thought BVS Entertainment was folded into Freeform/ABC Family since it hasn't been listed in SEC reports since 2014.

@JulianRO
Did I get right? Are you talking about the existence of a BVS Entertainment company that is still alive today and that Disney transferred its forgotten SIP assets here in the 4th quarter of the year?
maybe you not reading the sec reports in its entirely

GRPHX

maybe you not reading the sec reports in its entirely
The interface is very complicated dude, I just didn't see it among the subsidiaries listed. I don't know how to read those reports.

Again, I am filled with anger that Disney is ignoring these assets even though the company is still active.

JulianRO

I thought SIP had nothing to do with BVS after 2001. How can this happen? Didn't Disney also purchase directly 49% of this company? It's been in operation since 2009, right? I thought its rights were with TWDC France and it was closed.
Nope. In fact, SIP never became independent from Saban.

Now you'll see the first page of three documents: one from 13.11.2001, one from 24.05.2002, and another one from 06.09.2002. (dd.mm.yyyy format)
IMG_20240130_201115_563.jpg

Screenshot_20240130_201251_Drive.jpg

IMG_20240130_201131_954.jpg

You can notice that Saban was just renamed as BVS Entertainment in 2002, and it always did hold 49,6% of SIP.

GRPHX

How? Wikipedia says it was independent and had no ties to BVS Entertainment after 2001. But as you say, Saban never owned 100% of the company and Disney only owned 100%. I was as happy as seeing an old friend. But at the same time, I was confused.

Hey! What's wrong with Wikipedia? Previous information has been changed. It says it is now a defunct subsidiary of BVS.

GRPHX

Anyway, there were only 3 series produced under the copyright of SIP Animation. Everything produced during the Saban era was the direct property of BVS Entertainment.

Now all 3 series have become directly BVS Entertainment properties. Reducing corporate confusion is a good thing. However, I still do not think this is related to the streaming rights of the content. As I said, BVS and Fox Kids properties have not been used so far.

So, let's welcome our shows that are part of BVS Entertainment.
images (68).jpeg

images (67).jpeg

images (69).jpeg

Moe

The interface is very complicated dude, I just didn't see it among the subsidiaries listed. I don't know how to read those reports.
US government makes harder for ordinary readers to understand the report, also I took business courses at college and I still can’t understand the SEC report fully. Other reason is Disney’s fault because they didn’t make a clear.

How? Wikipedia says it was independent and had no ties to BVS Entertainment after 2001. But as you say, Saban never owned 100% of the company and Disney only owned 100%. I was as happy as seeing an old friend. But at the same time, I was confused.

Hey! What's wrong with Wikipedia? Previous information has been changed. It says it is now a defunct subsidiary of BVS.
Wikipedia is notorious for inaccuracies and there are some people vandalized the page to put inaccurate information on page. Wikipedia is user submitted encyclopedia but there are many moderators to do all checks and review the citation. You can edit the Wikipedia to put information or fix to make a better fact.

I remembered BVS when Jetix was around but I forgot after Disney abandoned it, right after rebrand as Disney XD. I still call BVS as Saban. Disney got complicated and confusing history with animation companies.

GRPHX

US government makes harder for ordinary readers to understand the report, also I took business courses at college and I still can’t understand the SEC report fully. Other reason is Disney’s fault because they didn’t make a clear.
Everything in my country could be messed up. However, we are definitely far ahead in E-Bureaucracy.

Wikipedia is notorious for inaccuracies and there are some people vandalized the page to put inaccurate information on page. Wikipedia is user submitted encyclopedia but there are many moderators to do all checks and review the citation. You can edit the Wikipedia to put information or fix to make a better fact.
No, I'm used to having incorrect, incomplete or incorrect information on Wikipedia. However, the SIP Animation thread was seperated by a moderator in 2018 a few years after the company became a wholly owned subsidiary of Saban/BVS. And he was insistent on separating it. His information that the company had been independent since 2001 was unfounded, inconsistent and lacked official records. But it was known like this by everyone for years. Until now, I thought that after Disney bought FFW, Saban sold the Paris studio as separate and Disney bought %49 stake from others. The second lie is that the company and its assets were absorbed by Disney France. Disney France apparently had no function other than appointing managers as a placeholder due to spatial proximity. Even the manager was chosen by the Saban/BVS company in America.
I remembered BVS when Jetix was around but I forgot after Disney abandoned it, right after rebrand as Disney XD. I still call BVS as Saban. Disney got complicated and confusing history with animation companies.
Disney used BVS after 2001 only to produce Power Rangers shows and retain a 49% stake in SIP. Apart from this, he completely terminated the animation activities of that unit. I wish it would continue to exist as a boutique studio like DIC. SIP did successful business but was not promoted. Naturally, all of Jetix's failures were blamed, but DTVA's Jetix shows were never perfect. Honestly, saying Saban in 2023 seems weird to me. Since it is the surname of a famous businessman, no one associates it with Disney. To be honest, BVS (acronym of Buena Vista Studios or BVSaban) one of those stupid and uncreative company names just like Now TV, Star Channel/Star Originals/Star+, Sensation Animation, Active Licensing Europe, SIP (acronym of Saban International Paris LoL) etc.

I'd like to see Disney consolidate all of these assets (other than 20th Century, ABC, Marvel, and Star-Wars) into a unit called Disney General Entertainment Legacy Content, or DisneyGELC for short. I am talking about the assets of companies such as New World Communications, Saban Entertainment, Fox Kids/Jetix, DFE, C&D, TVS, MTM Enterprises, The Family Channel, Four Star Television etc. The size of its corporate structure causes incredible cumbersomeness, especially in legacy assets. Who knows how many other dead Disney companies there are that I can't think of?

It just goes to show how Disney likes to complicate things when it comes to legacy and asset management.

So dude, look at this situation, I thought BVS was officially dissolved and that extracting content from there or licensing it for streaming would require a lot of internal and external bureaucracy. But this company was still alive and didn't go anywhere. Despite this, Disney does not use any of the assets here. I think this is a problem created by the size of the company rather than a financial problem. Look at the carelessness of these men! A studio that ceased operations in 2009 didn't produce a single piece of garbage for 14 ******* years, but they never once thought about shutting it down. Moreover, apart from the cues and scores, the works produced by Saban do not have heavy trademark or music license problems like Disney musical TV series or Muppet Babies.

I made it too long again. I am sorry.

Speaking of animation studios, it wasn't nice of them to spend BluSky. His school was different. Disnsy's Ice Age productions were really bad. But nowadays, I think Pixar is not as good as it used to be.

Last edited:

GRPHX

Also like I said before. Looking at the video quality of these shows. (These are also part of the Saban/BVS library at one point) You say once again that Disney's legacy management really sucks.

images (62).jpeg

With X-Men 97 and who knows Spider-Man 98, interest in these series will increase, but we still haven't gotten a good remaster.

JulianRO

Apparently, the last mention about Pueblo Films AG holding a stake in SIP Animation (49% stake in SIP since February 1996) is from 26 April 2012:
SIP ANIMATION - Actes du 02-08-2012_Page_1.jpg

Since then, Pueblo Films AG no longer appears on the ownership on the company.
So we can say that somewhere in 2012, BVS Entertainment took complete control over SIP Animation, especially if we take a look at this document published by SNEP (National Syndicate of Phonographic Publishing) posted in November 2013, too.

1706727867388.png

In addition, the liquidation (or radiation) process of SIP Animation started on 28 August 2023, and it was initiated by BVS Entertainment (formerly Saban Entertainment)
SIP ANIMATION - Actes du 25-10-2023 (2)_Page_5.jpg

And even more interesting is that the person who started the liquidation process is Chakira Gavazzi, who works since September 2019, as a Vice President and Asst. Secretary at The Walt Disney Company:

The company was officially declared liquidated on November 3, 2023, according to BODACC (

Le bulletin officiel des annonces civiles et commerciales):​

BODACC_B_PDF_Unitaire_20230212_03275.jpg

In conclusion, this company was never folded into The Walt Disney Company France.
BVS Entertainment is the one who folded it.

The Walt Disney Company France only represents the contact point for the former assets of SIP.

GRPHX

Saban International Paris - Full Squad :)

In other words "SIP Animation Universe"
IMG_20240131_230019_510.jpg

In order from the top left
---------------------------------------
- W.I.T.C.H.
- Diabolik
- Princess Sissi
- Why Why Family
- Jim Button
- Inspector Gadget
- Walter Melon
- A.T.O.M.
- Iznogoud
- The Tofu's

SIP was a truly unique studio, unlike its US parent company BVS. It was mostly adapting pre-existing properties, but had original content, unlike the boringness of stylistic similarity and artistic monotony of CN and Nick.

Each of these series was a door to a completely different world or universe. Disney should have at least protected the works produced by this unique studio. Of course, the Princess Sissi, Gadget, Jim Button and Tofus series do not belong to Disney today. But the rest of the cartoons are all Disney properties.

THANKS TO @JulianRO for this nice artwork from web.archive.org

RegularCapital

Staff member
On the topic of SIP, companies can continue to exist as a legal entity, way after its assets have been absorbed by the buying company or/and is no longer active. For instance, Jetix Europe continued to exist until 2019 (long after it ceased to exist in the eyes of the public) when its remaining assets became worthless (10 years after Disney bought out the remaining share in Jetix Europe it didn't already own), also Disney EMEA's yearly accounts mentioned Jetix as late as 2021.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.
PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes
Xilam is one of my most favourite animation studios, I enjoy alot of their cartoons from Hubert and Takako, Oggy and the Cockroaches and Zig and Sharko. Xilam is a studio that has inspired many and has created endless classics that we enjoy.

What's your most fond memory of Xilam?
Given how Drew Barrymore's production company Flower Films has mainly made live action projects for older audiences, them producing the TV special Olive The Other Reindeer and the Netflix preschool show Princess Power are definitely quite unusual. It would certainly explain the humor of the latter.

Featured Posts