Fox Kids/Jetix & Saban Library - Missing on Disney+

GRPHX

Did anyone say sell TVA because House of Mouse, Legend of the Tarzan or Star Command are not on Disney+? So where did the idea of selling BVS-SIP come from? Since they folded BVS into SIP, at least they realized their assets for the first time. Have you forgotten about Disney's new AI Remaster technology? These guys just bought Hulu and their first target is the adult market. One day, the turn will come for those who are waiting for old content. Please don't act as if you've encountered Disney's clumsiness for the first time.

Additionally, aside from The Tick, A.T.O.M. and Sweet Valley High are also out of the archives for the first time. The problem is they're on Prime Video.

Igorov

Inspector Gadget is on YouTube.

Clearly not. But Disney will continue not to care about the Saban/FK/Jetix library. Probably somebody else will think about them. Those series and cartoons "devalorized" a lot after so many years, I can say they are quite "cheap" now to buy.

Yeah, very very rude from their part.
There are two advantages to having BVS content on Disney+.

1) People can watch in their native language. (such as Romanian, Polish, Hungarian, Turkish)
2) You can watch with better image and sound quality.

Apart from this, there are many more successful shows than Disney TVA. This may bring new subscribers to Disney+. The fact that this archive is in Wildbrain or another company does not benefit the viewers. Because this time it will be hidden in the Wildbrain vault.

Last edited by a moderator:

RegularCapital

Staff member
They were pursuing some sort of alternative differentiation strategy. For this reason, Disney has always kept the Jetix brand independent. Because Fox Kids/Jetix and Saban programming was slightly different from Disney's general concept. This is the reason why they do not offer it under their own brand. You could see shows like you would never see at Disney. Different concepts etc. But that's no reason to pull them away from Disney+ these days.

In this way, it was also able to reach an audience that it could not normally reach with the Disney brand.

I also think it's something to do with the fact that Disney didn't completely own Jetix Europe, and they didn't see these DVD releases to be profitable, so they went with an independent distributor that is willing to do it.

Even Warner Home Video didn't distribute most Cartoon Network/Adult Swim releases here, as Turner was treated as a separate company.

GRPHX

If the contracts I read in the records of the French Ministry of Culture are real, I can say that Disney has no valid excuse for not adding these titles. The main property owners gave very broad powers to Saban at the time and it was said that these powers could be transferred to any company from the same group as SABAN INTERNATIONAL PARIS if desired. I hope Disney doesn't do some nonsense like folding BVS anywhere. I don't even think they know about these contracts. If so, they would have added these titles already. They have no valid excuse. I hope they noticed these documents while absorbing/liqudiate SIP.

I was especially shocked when I read about the authorizations given by the Italian Comics company Astorina to BVS/SIP for Diabolik. They gained the right to broadcast over the internet in 1998. There's no good reason why it's not on Disney+.

How can I announce this to Disney? If I send an e-mail containing these documents to Disney's legal department, will they be informed?

They don't even realize what they have! Damn!

Last edited:

Moe

How can I announce this to Disney? If I send an e-mail containing these documents to Disney's legal department, will they be informed?
The email won't help and they see you as ordinary customer, and they use generic to say about add new titles every week or month to Disney+ like they did same words to all customers who contacted them.

As for Disney's legal department, you have to be a lawyer and you have to type a legal letter and mail to them, or visit there in person. Other option is call a lawyer and they only take action if there is defect within corporation - very unusual. That isn't going to fix the problem with lack of contents on Disney+ and it could fuel the confusion within corporation to make content unlikely to add, rather than likely to add in near future.

We can all is wait for Disney to add old contents on Disney+ and it could be very long time for some contents.

I don't think Disney has any excuses to keep old contents in vault.

GRPHX

There are two advantages to having BVS content on Disney+.

1) People can watch in their native language. (such as Romanian, Polish, Hungarian, Turkish)
2) You can watch with better image and sound quality.

Apart from this, there are many more successful shows than Disney TVA. This may bring new subscribers to Disney+. The fact that this archive is in Wildbrain or another company does not benefit the viewers. Because this time it will be hidden in the Wildbrain vault.
You are right, about this IGOROV, SIP was a truly unique studio. So are their productions too. Other than Gargoyles, I haven't seen any TVA series reach this quality in terms of visual/artistry.

Just look at these images, Igor. Every frame has been meticulously taken care of, like a painting.

dia21 (1).png

The botanical design on the background or the equipment of the characters are awesome along with great body proportions. The detailing also great with artstyle. In its year, Diabolik was an original example on its genre, just like X-Men Evolution.

Facebook_creation_91813858.jpg

This shot is from W.I.T.C.H. The details and the way the clothes on each character change according to the seasons are extraordinary. How could you miss this? This is a detail you can only see in some Animes. But a French studio did it.

Facebook_creation_91808395 (1).jpg

Finally, as a different art style is tried in each series, here there is a detailed art style different from the two examples above. The master names in SIP have done a great job again. (R.I.P. Bruno Bianchi) Moreover, unlike the two examples above, A.T.O.M. Produced in 16:9.

SIP has done its best in the past. If there is a failure, it is not SIP's failure, but Disney's failure to manage the Jetix brand. What did they accomplish by not bringing Diabolik and the second season of A.T.O.M to America? Has the Jetix brand grown more? Moreover, A.T.O.M. was produced after Disney acquired the BVS'S 49,6 stake on SIP

Even though some things are old, they never get old. Disney+ is a really barren platform in terms of edgy theme products. In addition to DC, Warner also has Thundercats, GenRex, MegasXLR, Ben10 which we can consider edgy cartoons. Disney does not produce any Edgy animations other than the Marvel series of the 90s. Actually they already came from BVS. Moreover, while DC still produces edgy animations, Marvel does not. So no one should tell me that there is no demand for old animations. Some things don't require demand. These three series, if they get a nice HD Rescan, are better than most series today, including TVA shows. They all tell a different universe and they are all original works. I don't think this is nostalgic. These shows are really good. Even kids with short attention spans will love it.

By the way, I don't understand how Disney+ France is so insensitive to content whose native language is French. Half of the BVS-SIP library is French made and they should at least be included in France as they are local content. Even here they added NOW TV's (Formerly FoxTR) Turkish TV dizis on Disney+.

P.S. - Turkish Telenovelas called as "dizi"

Last edited:

RegularCapital

Staff member
I just see all of this as Disney doing some legal admin work to simplify how their company is structured. Regardless, Disney owns the assets, either way.

Moving the SIP assets to its immediate parent BVS is more favourable to Disney as it now all comes under U.S. law, and they don't have to keep making filings to the French government.

JulianRO

I also think that the absorption of SIP into BVS is related to the major reorganization of Disney announced one year ago.

Last edited:

aegisrawks

T
And it doesn't stop here.

Eek! the Cat
View attachment 300604

Mad Jack The Pirate

View attachment 300605

Iznogoud
View attachment 300606

Walter Melon
View attachment 300607

Saban's Adventures of the Little Mermaid
View attachment 300608

Fox's Peter Pan & The Pirates
View attachment 300609

Get Ed
View attachment 300610

Yin Yang Yo!
View attachment 300611

Combo Niños

View attachment 300612

Sweet Valley High
View attachment 300613

Other series owned by Disney from this library:

Battletech- Space Strikers - Bureau of Alien Detectors
View attachment 300614

Creepy Crawlers - Monster Farm - The Mouse and The Monster
View attachment 300615

Little Shop - Dino Riders - Attack of The Killer Tomatoes
View attachment 300616

Little Wizards - Rude Dog and The Dweebs - Kid n' Play
View attachment 300617

Jason and The Heroes of Mount Olympus - Saban's Adventures of Oliver Twist - Saban's Gulliver Travels
View attachment 300618
That Jason show,the one with the bunny, currently airs on Paravision in Paraguay and it does great in the ratings.

GRPHX

I just see all of this as Disney doing some legal admin work to simplify how their company is structured. Regardless, Disney owns the assets, either way.

Moving the SIP assets to its immediate parent BVS is more favourable to Disney as it now all comes under U.S. law, and they don't have to keep making filings to the French government.
So you're saying BVS and SIP assets have finally been brought under "Disney General Entertainment Content"?

T

That Jason show,the one with the bunny, currently airs on Paravision in Paraguay and it does great in the ratings.
A 22-year-old series that wasn't produced in HD? Is it still airing? I couldn't hide my surprise at this information. How was this possible? Is this show available in the Paraguayan Disney+ library? If local rights are available, they will want to use them. Unless there is an exclusivity agreement. From what I see, this show was also aired 5 years ago.

Comptes annuels de SIP ANIMATION​

• Comptes sociaux 2022 - 25/07/2023 - PDF
Some television broadcast revenues were listed before SIP was folded into BVS Entertainment. Broadcasting rights of these programs may have been sold to some countries. But I guess very few programs were sold.

Some of that revenue may also come from A.T.O.M on Prime Video. (I think)

JulianRO

Interestingly enough, I found that, Bruno Hoefler, who was the president of Pueblo Films AG (that company who holded a 49,7% stake in SIP Animation), was also working for Saban International N.V. back in the 90s.

1707333728241.png

1707333738229.png

I'm really curious who was this "International Film Productions" company. This company holded that 49,7% stake from SIP between November 1991 and February 1996, and then Pueblo Films AG holded it.

The only thing we know about IFP (the name of International Film Productions abbreviated) is that this company was from Luxembourg.

JulianRO

Sorry for double post, but, "Richie Rich's Christmas Wish", the only Saban Entertainment movie available on Disney+, got removed in many regions from EMEA. Only Greece continues to have the movie on the platform right now.

This is how it looked before, when the movie was still available here:
1707335161413.png

GRPHX

I think this is the first thing we've gotten from Disney for Fox Kids and the Saban Entertainment library.

GRPHX

Eh, not a surprise. I was expecting a Fox Kids/Jetix series, I already know that the Marvel stuff is on Disney+
Can they at least HD or UHD remaster the old series to today's standards? At least they should pay some attention to the ones in the Marvel library.
images (62).jpeg

GRPHX

According to this post made by a Discord user, many nostalgic shows are in the wagon. I don't trust its accuracy. However, I feel pain once again because we and our library have been forgotten by Disney again

I don't care YinYangYo btw.
FB_IMG_1708140100990.jpg

FB_IMG_1708140658253.jpg

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.
PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes
Xilam is one of my most favourite animation studios, I enjoy alot of their cartoons from Hubert and Takako, Oggy and the Cockroaches and Zig and Sharko. Xilam is a studio that has inspired many and has created endless classics that we enjoy.

What's your most fond memory of Xilam?
Given how Drew Barrymore's production company Flower Films has mainly made live action projects for older audiences, them producing the TV special Olive The Other Reindeer and the Netflix preschool show Princess Power are definitely quite unusual. It would certainly explain the humor of the latter.

Featured Posts