General Broadcast/Free-To-Air TV thread

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image

Moe

Moe

Let's face it, Byron Allen really shouldn't have bought This TV in the first place.
Yes, I agree with you and Byron Allen is terrible person to run the TV networks.

This TV had full of MGM movies and shows, along with Cookie Jar Group/WildBrain shows.

Dump This TV is bad news for Byron Allen and it means he is losing money. I remember about he sued cable and satellite TV companies, and Nielsen after disappointed rating on his networks. I doubt that VideoAmp is going to change if not many are interested in his networks.

Moe

I was going to post but you got me.

I'm wonder about why A&E Networks launch Dare when Defy TV exists, hmm.

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
Free TV Networks are going to launch another diginet called Dare in July. This is basically a carbon copy of Defy TV. It is going to have the same shows. Also it’s tagline is ‘Dare to Defy’ Free TV Networks To Launch New Over-The-Air Channel In Partnership With A+E
Yeah the A and E networks really have having fun selling their old cheap programming from A&E, History Channel etc. The Nest uses programming from A&E , Defy, the old True Real did, Quest does, Also Free TV is by the guy who started Katz Networks, now owned by Scipps, seem to be copying himself , like launching another western network, and another African American network. I am expecting him to launch another comedy network and probably another Crime channel.

themidnightlore

That one that banters over Sony's TV channels
Staff member
Things that A+E Networks probably should do: give some love to FYI and Crime+Investigation (the American one is largerly forgotten).
Alternatively, open an OTA channel ;)
Things that A+E Networks actually does: selling their old content to any OTA channel that wants that stuff.

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
Things that A+E Networks probably should do: give some love to FYI and Crime+Investigation (the American one is largerly forgotten).
Alternatively, open an OTA channel ;)
Things that A+E Networks actually does: selling their old content to any OTA channel that wants that stuff.
Pretty much the focus of FYI was moved to A&E doing that on the Home Made Nation Free streaming channel. And a Saturday morning block in A&E itself. I haven't watched FYI in a while, since they stopped doing King of Queens reruns. C and I is an HD channel, but I don't get it HD so they really don't care.

I do like they've let like old History Channel stuff be on Story , for example, on the good side of this.

themidnightlore

That one that banters over Sony's TV channels
Staff member
Pretty much the focus of FYI was moved to A&E doing that on the Home Made Nation Free streaming channel. And a Saturday morning block in A&E itself. I haven't watched FYI in a while, since they stopped doing King of Queens reruns. C and I is an HD channel, but I don't get it HD so they really don't care.

I do like they've let like old History Channel stuff be on Story , for example, on the good side of this.
For what I know, the American C+I is that ignored that it still airs old bumpers from the old presentation. I get that all the new true crime content goes between A&E and Lifetime, but, man... Same for FYI.
Story getting to air the old History content is a very good thing, though.

Moe

For what I know, the American C+I is that ignored that it still airs old bumpers from the old presentation. I get that all the new true crime content goes between A&E and Lifetime, but, man... Same for FYI.
Story getting to air the old History content is a very good thing, though.
C+I hasn't update their presentation since mid or late 2000s and I felt like A&E Networks put C+I on autopilot for many years now. When streaming linear TV became exist, A&E Networks removed a lot of episodes that don't have clearance to stream, so that cause shows to repeat same episodes and very severe burnout. I quitted watch C+I after I realized they aired same episodes of Kansas City, Dallas and Detroit SWAT shows, so I was annoyed at A&E Networks.

Wikipedia is outdated and C+I no longer air Nash Bridges, 24, Hack and other drama shows for more than decade now. C+I is completely reality channel now.

Last time I saw Nash Bridges on cable was WGN America in 2010 and as for C+I, it would be around 2008. Nash Bridges is on H&I right now but it is not available for streaming version of linear TV because of not cleared for streaming.

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
  • Informative
Reactions: Moe

Moe

There is updated article about NAB demand to classify vMVPD as cable TV.

After numbers of complaints, I'm trying my best to not use Cord Cutters News because of poor writing but this is only one that I can find.

FCC already said that they have no power to reclassify vMVPD as cable TV but broadcasting associations continue to be stubborn and desperate to get around the impossible because it is very unlikely for our federal legislative branch to legislate the bill to reclassify vMVPD as cable TV due to fierce opposition from studios and streaming operators, also lobbying helps a lot to thwart this plan. The major broadcasting companies want too much money that led lawmakers to perceive them as greedy as studios.

Most local stations are owned by major broadcasting companies like Nexstar, Sinclair, Scripps, Tegna, etc.

Have more money from vMVPD is unlikely to improve the local stations and they just add extra to profits.

There is better fix are force studios to have more contribution to local stations that affiliated to specific studios.

Have expensive vMVPD is all but die with cable TV, so major broadcasting companies would have no extra revenues, exception of ads and streaming services aren't going to pay for expensive local channels.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image

Moe

Scripps is in consideration of selling Bounce.
Yeah, I saw it today and I just leave up to members to post in here since I posted an updated news about Skydance and Paramount.

I learned that advertising market for digital subchannels aren’t good and it got worse when more subscribers cancelled cable and satellite, so Bounce relied on retransmission carriage to have access to viewers on cable.

Spotlight

Members online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Has anyone seen PSI Cops last night?

(cricket noises)

Yeah, I still can't believe that was a thing.
Paramount and Skydance have officially merged. Does this mean that Brian Robbins got the boot?
Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.
PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes

Featured Posts