General Broadcast/Free-To-Air TV thread

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
Once the Paramount Global sale is all figured out, the company should launch a digital subchannel network reusing the Palladia name, that can run a wide variety of programs from the company's library (with a schedule format similar to Weigel's MeTV).

The vast majority of programs would come from the CBS Studios division, with at least one program, Spin City, coming from Paramount Television Studios by way of DreamWorks Television.

There would also be a block of adult animation late weeknights consisting of Beavis and Butt-Head, Daria, South Park, and Duckman, a block of Nick shows on Saturday morning, and a block of Nick Jr. shows on Sunday morning to fulfill E/I obligations. Saturday nights would be movies from the Paramount Pictures library.

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
CBS has released it's new season line up

also getting a new "Hollywood Squares" (let's go!!)

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
They bought up a bunch of stations, now want to sale, There's no more buyers. They're gone. Unless Apollo or some firm just decides they want to incinerate money, there's no one. It's not even like radio where a Christian Broadcaster can come in and pick away at stations, there's none. Oops.

Moe

It looks like H&I replaced MacGyver (1985 series) with The Fall Guy on Thursday as Dayshift block (5 episodes per day from Monday to Friday.

You can watch two episodes of MacGyver on H&I on Saturday's noon.

That is definitely welcoming news but I wish that they get rid of spam by air one episode of Walker, Texas Ranger and Numb3r per day so H&I would have 3 free slots to put different drama/action shows.

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
It seems This TV has suddenly shut down. The schedule on their website is blank and people are getting one of a few different things when they try to turn it on (in my case, a message that says “This channel is no longer available.”). I didn’t watch it much (and not since Cookie Jar Toons was a thing) nor have I been keeping up with this thread, so I don’t know if this was already mentioned, but I wasn’t aware until today that they dropped movies from their lineup and replaced them with shows from Byron Allen’s other ventures. I guess that should have been a sign the channel was on its last legs.

Reactions: Moe

Golden Geek

Radio Demon
Staff member
Reporter
It looks like the plug on This TV was completely pulled back on 4/1, with it being replaced with Charge! in some markets.

From January to April, their lineup was mostly the weather shows that continue to plague the other digital subchannels, which got them a lot of flak online and probably made it very easy to drop the channel.

I also think the last time I watched it was for Cookie Jar Toons (Magi-Nation/Spider Riders).

Moe

It looks like the plug on This TV was completely pulled back on 4/1, with it being replaced with Charge! in some markets.
Charge! was used to be full of action and adventure shows, so they changed the format few years ago with more police procedural, and they still have CHiPs on lineup.

This TV and Charge! were great when it was under MGM, so not anymore, however Charge! isn't bad when compared to This TV.

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
It seems This TV has suddenly shut down. The schedule on their website is blank and people are getting one of a few different things when they try to turn it on (in my case, a message that says “This channel is no longer available.”). I didn’t watch it much (and not since Cookie Jar Toons was a thing) nor have I been keeping up with this thread, so I don’t know if this was already mentioned, but I wasn’t aware until today that they dropped movies from their lineup and replaced them with shows from Byron Allen’s other ventures. I guess that should have been a sign the channel was on its last legs.
They dropped movies a long while ago, there's people mad on their facebook page on the last post they made about that. The website thing is just Bryon Allen's bad at TV and stuff, so The Grio website also has a broken schedule too. I haven't watched This TV since Tribune was still around and dropped it. I liked the movie format though, another station here picked up for a short time, but Scripps bought that and changed it their stuff years ago.
Movies! is the last big movies OTA station, I miss Get TV's old format(s).

From January to April, their lineup was mostly the weather shows that continue to plague the other digital subchannels, which got them a lot of flak online and probably made it very easy to drop the channel.

I also think the last time I watched it was for Cookie Jar Toons (Magi-Nation/Spider Riders).

Charge! was used to be full of action and adventure shows, so they changed the format few years ago with more police procedural, and they still have CHiPs on lineup.

This TV and Charge! were great when it was under MGM, so not anymore, however Charge! isn't bad when compared to This TV.
I never really watched Charge! so the format change still didn't attract me. The only Sinclair diginet I watch is Comet. I have noticed TBD has changed programming to something else again.

Moe

I never really watched Charge! so the format change still didn't attract me. The only Sinclair diginet I watch is Comet. I have noticed TBD has changed programming to something else again.
Prior to format change, Charge! aired Knight Rider, Magnum, P.I., Walker, Texas Ranger, JAG, Hunter, Commish and CHiPs.

Magnum, P.I., Hunter and Commish moved to GetTV and Walker, Texas Ranger and JAG moved to H&I, so later, JAG got removed from lineup. Commish and Hunter come and go on GetTV.

No network picked Knight Rider but SYFY did rerun under Rewind banner last year or two. I don't know about where JAG would be gone but more than majority of JAG episodes are un-streamable because of issues with music rights.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
I think this is the right place, last night I was notified by an Argentine friend on Discord who said that the UCKG's channels in the USA (going to explain them later) are now airing some CGI shows that aren't E/I, and had streaming rights on Netflix.

He sent me a capture of ULFN (the English-language service) airing Super Monsters and it had no E/I tag:
1717166604264.png

I did some research and this show also airs on Visión Latina, which has about twenty or so affiliates mostly on Innovate multiplexes and on .1, the Spanish-language counterpart, and they air it and also two more shows, Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures from Avi Arad/Bohbot and Skylanders Academy from TeamTO:
Vision Latina Network on Instagram: "seleccionado para ti. VISION LATINA NETWORK visionlatina.com #caricatura #animado #dibujos"

Considering these are minuscule studios compared to, say, Sony Pictures Animation, these came on the cheap and legally.

This ULFN network also produces secular content (according to their guidelines) but the English network has limited coverage. I think this is because of a limited English-speaking UCKG follower base in the country. ULFN has like five or six affiliates (as well as relays on cable in Trinidad and Tobago) while Visión Latina has more (having absorbed much of the affiliate base of the defunct Azteca América)

These are the sort of shows I would have expected from KidsClick (remember that?) which did the same, mostly independent/European CGI shows. In fact Pac-Man is not new to OTA, it was on KidsClick.

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
WGBO-TV in Chicago has picked up Retro TV for their channel 66.6 , good pick up for Retro

• Informative
Reactions: Moe

Zorak Masaki

Huh, I wasnt aware Retro TV was still around, what shows are on the lineup these days?

Moe

Retro TV is still around and they air less known/obscure shows, also they air some of shows that produced by Stephen J. Cannell that is common with digital subchannels, also most of his shows available to watch on many free legit streaming services like Tubi and Freevee.

I'm not able to receive Retro TV because they are on low power transmitter, also Spectrum don't carry either.

Moe

MeTV+ will have minor lineup changes next week because of MeTV Toons.

Mon to Fri - Comedy Classics expand by one hour replaces Toon In with Me.

Sunday - Guns of Paradise will be on first hour slot replaces first hour of Sunday Night Cartoons.

Will update with second hour and third hour slots when new information comes in.

Update 1: The Life and Legend of Wyatt Earp (2 episodes) will be on second hour slot.

Update 2: Colt 45 (2 episodes) will be on third hour slot.

Major lineup changes? Likely in October 2024.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Has anyone seen PSI Cops last night?

(cricket noises)

Yeah, I still can't believe that was a thing.
Paramount and Skydance have officially merged. Does this mean that Brian Robbins got the boot?
Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.
PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes

Featured Posts