General International TV Channels Thread

Ryan

Well known for talking about Canada.
Rogers TV is shutting down already, and there is a notice.
5df2b446b42b2e9cc1362687b3a75c4b.jpg

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

RegularCapital

Staff member

Ryan

I have the reason why Rogers TV is shutting down?

http://rogerstv.com/notice?lid=16&rid=16&tid=40955

Please note that the Toronto Rogers tv community channel has been discontinued
As of September 26th, the Rogers tv community channel serving Toronto will no longer be available. Viewers in the GTA are well-served by a wide range of diverse local media options. Rogers has therefore reallocated funding and resources from Toronto to small and medium-sized Canadian communities otherwise underserved by local broadcast television services.

City Council Coverage
Toronto City Council coverage is now available on the City of Toronto's YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfe2rzOnQzgEDvNzRRPUJsA

Mississauga Steelheads OHL Games
Rogers Cable is providing free access to select home and away Mississauga Steelheads games to all Rogers digital cable subscribers on channel 368.

Starting October 3rd, Rogers cable channel 10 will become a free preview channel showcasing Canadian specialty services. The free previews will rotate every 2 to 4 weeks, giving viewers an opportunity to discover premium content from a range of Canadian broadcasters.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
@animegame: Ah! Lotus Macau! Though it's not necessarily a film channel, it seems to air quite a lot of films most of the time for all that I am aware of. I've also seen it available on cable providers in SEA (and even Cambodia).

Time to edit the channel list then

EDIT: By the way, I've checked Rupavahini now and they changed their clock. The numerals seem to be... off.

Last edited:

animegamer

Latest kids channel rankings.

Capture.JPG

When CN isn't even on the list... you know that people like to watch just one thing 24/7

Ryan

CMT Canada is premiering Blackish this Tuesday. City is still airing reruns. And ABC Spark is constantly airing a marathon mostly Season 2 episodes this Thanksgiving Day in Canada. An 18 hour spam THAT IS!

Ryan

Yesterday I received a call from Corus about that issue for the past months, they said they seem to be fine in the systems, I think because the aspect ratio for their SD content is changed to 720x486 (Which doesn't even fit for all of the providers and TVs).

Look at the Technical Specifications page:
http://www.corusent.com/technical-specifications-content-delivery-broadcast/

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Rupavahini's new clock (taken from their official stream which recently added watermarks):

Attachments

• slrc-clock.PNG
    slrc-clock.PNG
    495.5 KB · Views: 51

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Basically the clock changed twice this year already. Up until the middle of the year it was like this still:
31pxVFK.png

Then it changed to the clock that Channel Eye/Nethra TV used for years (I'm putting a picture from Eye to give you an idea):
9gd12oI.png

Channel Eye/Nethra TV used to have a live stream on their site until months ago. Both pictures were taken in 2014 and 2015.

The "new" clock is just distorted, especially when the numeral 7 comes around and makes it feel distorted.

This wasn't the case in the 90s:

Attachments

• slrc-clock90s.PNG
    slrc-clock90s.PNG
    858.8 KB · Views: 44

J10

Rupavahini should change the logo and be converted to HD, Most of the countries (except South Sudan, Sri Lanka, Mauritania, etc.) are in HD and they are going to broadcast in 4K (UHD) and 8K in the future.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
One time (in 2015 IIRC), Rupavahini's Facebook page posted something which had a "Full HD 1080p" icon as an image and said "coming soon". False promises. They're still technologically behind.

Another local channel, Carlton Sports Network (which has airing less sports than before) announced that they would become the "first HD channel in Sri Lanka": Another false promise.

J10

One time (in 2015 IIRC), Rupavahini's Facebook page posted something which had a "Full HD 1080p" icon as an image and said "coming soon". False promises. They're still technologically behind.

Another local channel, Carlton Sports Network (which has airing less sports than before) announced that they would become the "first HD channel in Sri Lanka": Another false promise.
I think they'll not launch it until 2040 or 2060, when all the channels will broadcast in 4K and 8K.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Neox in Spain is now airing Shin-Chan even outside of its natural habitat, the morning Neox Kidz block, at 05:30. But they don't spam it a lot, the channel mainly airs My Name is Earl and The Big Bang Theory.

animegamer

Do you guys notice that the kids networks in India all have their own channel (Sonic, Pogo and Hungama)? Yet they waste them on spamming of popular shows.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Almost forgot to listen to this before the day was up.
Viper wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
Happy 4th of July, Light Lucario. I really hope you get to enjoy the fireworks tonight. Have a wonderful evening.
BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.

Featured Posts