General International TV Channels Thread

J10

Do you guys notice that the kids networks in India all have their own channel (Sonic, Pogo and Hungama)? Yet they waste them on spamming of popular shows.
They suppose to launch an Indian Version of Boomerang, but unfortunately they launched Pogo. Nickelodeon India was supposed to launch Nicktoons just like in other countries, but unfortunately they launched Sonic.

India is the worst country in managing TV Channels, they are making the channels worst with long periods of adverts and infomercials. The kids channels overthere are the worst. There are No Variety, No Widescreen in SD Channels, making channels out of control like Toonami India due to becoming retro cartoon channel, while Toonami Asia, Africa, France still airs Action Cartoons.

I wish that these channels are removed from South Asia and replace it with a good proper channels with HD Quality, Broadcast shows without Indian Content just like CN Pakistan and having Good Schedule.

animegamer

Disney HD India is launching, I’m more prepared for disappointment than hope. Nick HD launched and had some sitcoms, but removed them after a year.

Btw, I think DSport is 16:9 SD because everything shows full screen even Discovery ads are shown in full screen while it’s normally letterbox on other Discovery India channels.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Apparently The Flintstones has returned to terrestrial TV in Peru. According to a local forum, Grupo ATV (Albavisión) got the rights and it's probably on NEXTV. Grupo ATV has had a contract with Disney for quite a long time, so this means a possible change?

The only other Latin American country where The Flintstones airs on terrestrial television is on El Salvador's Canal 2, owned by Telecorporación Salvadoreña, where it airs on weekdays at 11:30am in the middle of telenovelas and the like. In Portugal, the series last aired when we lost access to the African feed of Boomerang.

J10

Disney HD India is launching, I’m more prepared for disappointment than hope. Nick HD launched and had some sitcoms, but removed them after a year.

Btw, I think DSport is 16:9 SD because everything shows full screen even Discovery ads are shown in full screen while it’s normally letterbox on other Discovery India channels.
The D's Discovery brand was firstly used on DMAX, DLife (Discovery Life MENA), DTX (Discovery Turbo Xtra), DKids (Discovery Kids MENA). Now they use it in DSport. Unfortunately, Instead of using Eurosport Brand in India, They use DSport.
Discovery Kids India is different from Discovery Kids MENA (DKids) in schedule, Quality, Broadcasting and logo. Just look at the Show lists below:
Discovery Kids India
DKids (Discovery Kids MENA)

animegamer

Between 1am to 5am they air Mister Maker and nothing else. Infomercials 11 to 1am and 5am to 6am

J10

Between 1am to 5am they air Mister Maker and nothing else. Infomercials 11 to 1am and 5am to 6am
I prefered all Discovery Channels in the EMEA Region. I prefered DKids MENA due to being HD and not airing Infomercial. Infomercial are aired on Nat Geo Abu Dhabi all the time and it was on FOX Arabia and FOX Movies MENA when they were FTA until they joined beIN becoming an only Premium MENA Channel.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Rupavahini should change the logo and be converted to HD
Many Sri Lankans should cry fowl of that, this time last year ITN rebranded (for the worse) because they wanted to go 16:9 HD, and their current logo just seems to be more retro than the previous one despite being a simplification.

Just when you thought that this logo was outdated, then take a look at the current one...

Also, take a look at this:
ITN%2BSri%2BLanka%2B-%2BEnd%2Bof%2Btransmission%2B%5Bbetter%2Bquality%5D.png

This 20+-year old slide instantly made ITN Sri Lanka my second favorite cult channel after Rupavahini when I came across the official stream in April 2014.

Ryan

Well known for talking about Canada.
So MuchMusic is showing South Park reruns, you can tell that they remastered the older seasons in HD and 16:9 to make it like the current seasons.
20170929_154221.jpg

J10

The schedule is disastrous. They are schedule is mostly Motu Patlu, Oggy and Hattori They really need to learn from Nickelodeon Arabia, Europeans Versions and Asia and cancel Motu Patlu and Oggy to make space for Sanjay and Craig, New Episodes of Spongebob, Harvey Beaks, The Loud House, Winx Club, etc.

I think they'll not learn from the other versions until Viacom cease broadcasting Viacom 18 Channels in all South Asia and split into Viacom India and Viacom South Asia.

J10

I think these channels including CN India and Nick India will cease broadcasting in all South Asian countries, that carry those channels, if they continue with repeating and making marathons like Doraemon with bad schedule.

South Asian countries should tell providers to stop carrying the Indian Kids Channels and replace it with Asian, Middle Eastern, Australian, or Pakistani Version of those channels.

animegamer

Asian version would be best. Because I saw Nick Pakistan in 2012 and all they do is TV Rip the old shows from Nick India that they air at night like Jimmy Neutron because I could see the Nick India bug behind the Nick Pakistan bug. Some shows they get themselves though.

But I’m surprised one thing Disney India aired the latest Spider-Man episodes before the US

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
In Sri Lanka, Channel Eye has been reduced to about five hours a day in the normal season. The channel timeshares with Nethra TV for a lengthy period of over twelve hours. I honestly don't know about Channel Eye's future. It only seems to exist for news and sport.

animegamer

@J10, isn’t CN PK run by the Indian team or have some affiliation with them because the voiceovers in promos are the same.

J10

@J10, isn’t CN PK run by the Indian team or have some affiliation with them because the voiceovers in promos are the same.
I don't know, but what I know about was that CN PK doesn't broadcast nor showing Indian Content, opposite CN India.

animegamer

HBO India is no longer the same, ever since Turner took control in 2016 and rebranded the channel, it’s become one of those standard English movie channels in India. Before they had really good promos to the standards of HBO Asia.

HBO content show on Star World and on Hotstar premium service. In 2014 I had HBO Hits Asia for few days, then Indian feed for about two months before the Channel was gone completely from my TV. I never got HBO Defined.

J10

HBO India is no longer the same, ever since Turner took control in 2016 and rebranded the channel, it’s become one of those standard English movie channels in India. Before they had really good promos to the standards of HBO Asia.

HBO content show on Star World and on Hotstar premium service. In 2014 I had HBO Hits Asia for few days, then Indian feed for about two months before the Channel was gone completely from my TV. I never got HBO Defined.
HBO was airing an episode from Game of Throne by mistake on the Spanish and Nordic channels due to piracy and HBO being hacked.

HBO on OSN isn't the real channel. Its the fake channel and they called it OSN First HD Home of HBO. OSN in the MENA Region doesn't want to carry the Original HBO Channels like HBO and Cinemax.

If beIN MENA carries HBO and has its rights, then they will air the Series and movies on beIN Movies MENA, beIN Series MENA, HBO, HBO 2, HBO 3, and Cinemax channels.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
I don't know, but what I know about was that CN PK doesn't broadcast nor showing Indian Content, opposite CN India.
This is because there has been a recent ban on Indian content in Pakistan, though CN PK has always been like that since start.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The first South Park movie is 25 years old today.
New profile pic: Zadie from Work It Out Wombats!
The CSC Channels prior to 2017 were actually amazing. A shame it was all thrown under the bus.
Lesson learned. Never talk to anyone ever.

Featured Posts