General International TV Channels Thread

BlooCNBoy02

I'm blue. A nostalgic CN fan.
Animal Planet Europe promos from 2011. Discovery started dubbing the sub-channels' promos - including Animal Planet - to Hungarian in July 2010. The Hungarian promos in this video start at near the end.

J10

CNBC Arabia has rebranded, but the old logo is still on promos.
image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:

canyuksel97

Well, The Closing Ceremony Of Paris 2024 Summer Olympics Is Now Over.
TRT Spor Yıldız Aired That Ceremony In Full And Without Getting Interrupted,
But It Didn't Aired On TRT Spor, Because Of TFF 1. Lig Live Coverage And Süper Lig Highlights.

Also, Snoop Dogg's LA 28 Segment Was Replaced By Moments Or Highlight Segment For A Few Minutes,
Before Returning To The Ceremony With Snoop Dogg Joining Dr. Dre.

However That Segment Doesn't Affected To Eurosport 1 Viewers.

Now, We Can't Wait For Los Angeles 2028 Summer Olympics To Air In Türkiye On TRT and Eurosport.

Last edited:

J10

Two days ago, FOXTEL decided to considers offers for the acquisition of the company.

The Rupert Murdoch-backed media conglomerate News Corp will consider offers for its Australian pay television platform Foxtel, as it looks to reorganise its business in a volatile trading period for news outlets.

News Corp’s chief executive, Robert Thomson, said in an earnings release that potential buyers had emerged for the Foxtel business during a review of the company’s assets.

“That review has coincided recently with third-party interest in a potential transaction involving the Foxtel Group, which has been positively transformed in recent years,” Thomson said.

“We are evaluating options for the business with our advisors in light of that external interest.”
The Foxtel business includes the Kayo and Binge streaming services and the new Hubbl service.
Once a status symbol, Foxtel’s set-top boxes have been disappearing from Australian homes, eroding value from what was once a highly lucrative revenue stream.

Foxtel now competes in the Netflix-led streaming era through its online platforms which operate on much narrower margins than its legacy business.
It has been leaking subscribers from its Foxtel Now service, while boosting numbers for its Kayo and Binge platforms, according to disclosures in its earnings results.

Graeme Hughes, a consumer expert from Griffith University, said the rise of free and advertisement-supported services as well as increasing living costs for consumers meant competition was intensifying.

“It’s a very competitive landscape and will continue to be so for the foreseeable future,” Hughes said.

“When you consider that consumers have less discretionary spend, it is potentially a business to look to offload.”

News Corp, which reported its full year earnings in the US, owns a majority share of the Foxtel Group, alongside minority holder Telstra.

Whose next, Sky News Australia? If they’re going to sell the channel or force to rebrand, I guess they have to launch TalkTV as an Australian TV channel or expand the FOX News branding to Australia. I read something that the license to the brand is to expire in late 2025.

fos222

A+ HUN-CZE promos and 16+ warning from 16 June 2007 (a half month before Animax replaced it). In case a non-dubbed anime aired in this version, Czech subtitles are added even in the Hungarian track.
This version should never have existed. Of course, nothing was fixed during Animax either.
In some of the series shown on A+, it was a common problem that there was a hungarian dubbing even though the Czech soundtrack was selected. These were not corrected either.

Then after Sony bought it, some of the promos were in Czech on the Hungarian soundtrack.

The subtitles… Originally teletext was supposed to have the Hungarian subtitles. Under the logo it was written "HU: TXT 360", but neither UPC Direct nor Digi satellite transmitted the teletext data.

This version was actually created to save money for UPC Direct, but Médiatech (former owner, later operator) was not technically advanced enough to solve this.

BlooCNBoy02

This version should never have existed. Of course, nothing was fixed during Animax either.
In some of the series shown on A+, it was a common problem that there was a hungarian dubbing even though the Czech soundtrack was selected. These were not corrected either.

Then after Sony bought it, some of the promos were in Czech on the Hungarian soundtrack.

The subtitles… Originally teletext was supposed to have the Hungarian subtitles. Under the logo it was written "HU: TXT 360", but neither UPC Direct nor Digi satellite transmitted the teletext data.

This version was actually created to save money for UPC Direct, but Médiatech (former owner, later operator) was not technically advanced enough to solve this.
You posted the video twice.

powergate92

Power Rangers and Stargate fan

BlooCNBoy02

Discovery Channel Hungary continuities from Valentine's Day 2007. On the 2nd continuity, one of the promos said "hétfőn 19 február" (literally translated as "on Monday, 19 Februaries") when it supposed to be "február 19-én, hétfőn".

Moleoman

I have never encountered any grammar errors on Discovery Channel in Poland. However, there was one filler which featured a Polish text with spelling errors (probably stemming from wrong keyboard settings), which from what I have read was fixed allegedly after a few weeks (if not months):

TVArchive

The Media Telecom company, owned by NMG and Rostelecom, acquired the owner of the TV channels MuzTV, Yu and Sun (Solntse) — Media 1

NMG already owns children's channels, namely: Carousel, O!, CTC Kids. (until 2022, he was a distributor of Cartoon Network, Boomernag, BabyTV)

Media 1 were Disney partners from December 31, 2011 to December 14, 2022 and helped technically

In 2019, NMG bought out Telco Media, they were engaged in distribution of Fox Kids (since 2002), Jetix, Disney (until December 2011), and BabyTV

Last edited:

J10

beIN has renewed the broadcasting rights of LaLiga in MENA and Asia-Pacific.

Last edited:

themidnightlore

That one that banters over Sony's TV channels
Staff member
Odd question here. I'm trying to figure which one launched first, Sony Channel LATAM or Sony Entertainment Television India?
The only certain things I do have for both is that their first year of existence was 1995 (so, next year is 30 years of existence for both), and, as far I know, where the only two SET to use the blue-green-red logo (every other SET, I think, did launch with the blue and white logo? (Well, not Sony Channel Turkey, but that one launched in 2017, long after the SET name was abandoned outside India)), then, at one point, the two channels diverged hard (even if I suspect it isn't that casual that both channels now have orange as part of their palettes).

Last edited:

Spotlight

Members online

No members online now.

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

What happened to all our posts from yesterday?
Ok, this was all related to the latest server migration. In addition to not being able to post, I can't log out either well by deleting cookies you can.
Yojimbo wrote on Zedd's profile.
can not post, get this error message (but can post on people's profiles and post status updates)
Forum is back but I (and I assume everyone) can not make a post.
I would love to know what anime are popular in Serbia

Featured Posts