General International TV Channels Thread

themidnightlore

That one that banters over Sony's TV channels
Staff member
At least, someone bothered to record Great! Real's closure (a privilege that Sony Crime didn't get, as far I know? Seriously, if someone finds videos of its closure, that would be nice.)

I guess with that Narrative learned that playing with fire isn't usually an intelligent choice (said playing with fire was closing Tiny Pop).

Two Two's

I've got an electric shaver!
At least, someone bothered to record Great! Real's closure (a privilege that Sony Crime didn't get, as far I know? Seriously, if someone finds videos of its closure, that would be nice.)

I guess with that Narrative learned that playing with fire isn't usually an intelligent choice (said playing with fire was closing Tiny Pop).
I am not shocked to be honest. Rather just seeing the consequences of your actions take place.

BlooCNBoy02

I'm blue. A nostalgic CN fan.
Here it is
Hungarian AMC channels switching to new branding at 06:00 CET: continuity with old branding for the final time, 1st program starts with new logo (if that's the case).
Polish AMC channels switching to new branding at 06:00 CET: old promos for the final time, new ident before the 1st program.

J10

Paramount will continue to provide the channels on Canal+. In addition, Paramount+ will be available for Canal+ subscribers.

As part of an extension, the Canal+ Group can also continue the distribution of all of Paramount’s pay TV channels, including MTV, Nickelodeon, the Paramount Channel, and Comedy Central, and continue to exclusively acquire premium content for its channels and services, including Paramount Pictures films premiering on Canal+ six months after their theatrical release in France and at least two Showtime series per year.

themidnightlore

That one that banters over Sony's TV channels
Staff member

Paramount will continue to provide the channels on Canal+. In addition, Paramount+ will be available for Canal+ subscribers.

As part of an extension, the Canal+ Group can also continue the distribution of all of Paramount’s pay TV channels, including MTV, Nickelodeon, the Paramount Channel, and Comedy Central, and continue to exclusively acquire premium content for its channels and services, including Paramount Pictures films premiering on Canal+ six months after their theatrical release in France and at least two Showtime series per year.
I know, it says including, but why skipping from naming BET, Game One and J-One?

Reactions: J10

Francisque

I guess those contents from BET, Game One and J-One won't coming to Paramount+
Yeah, I suppose only the international ones (well, American ones) are felt worthy of the streaming treatment

With Paramount's finances not going extremely well you never know these days what the plans for their minor operations are

zQwmy

Deutsche Telekom
Didn't know WarnerTV Poland has Hungarian and Romanian audio tracks:

1724339243659.png

Now wondering though, did they only add this recently or are those tracks TCM leftovers?

BlooCNBoy02

I'm blue. A nostalgic CN fan.
Didn't know WarnerTV Poland has Hungarian and Romanian audio tracks:

View attachment 310160

Now wondering though, did they only add this recently or are those tracks TCM leftovers?
The "Hungarian track" is the English one, as Hungary unfortunately never got TCM or its successors.
And yes, they have existed since TCM: Poland was the first international TCM, launched in 1998. The Romanian track was added in 2007.

Last edited:

zakawer2

#BringBackDislikes
So are the majority of programs on the Romanian audio track in English? Does the channel have a Romanian subtitle track?

Francisque

Don't forget the local Romanian and Polish Warner TV used to be TCM CEE and later TNT CEE, hence they have been pan-feeds for a long time before the localisation at the TNT times , as there was a need for localization

The various audiotracks are a relic of this

Last edited:

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner

J10

Two channels will be suspended during UEFA matches.

Canal+ 4K Ultra HD and teleTOON+ will not be broadcast by Canal+ during some days of the Champions League.

According to Wirtualnemedia.pl, Piotr Kaniowski from the C+ press office, Canal+ 4K Ultra HD broadcasting is to be stopped during selected days in which the platform will broadcast Champions League matches. He was the first to inform the press service. Canal+ acquired the rights to the most elite football games for the next three seasons a few weeks ago.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner

Two channels will be suspended during UEFA matches.

Canal+ 4K Ultra HD and teleTOON+ will not be broadcast by Canal+ during some days of the Champions League.

According to Wirtualnemedia.pl, Piotr Kaniowski from the C+ press office, Canal+ 4K Ultra HD broadcasting is to be stopped during selected days in which the platform will broadcast Champions League matches. He was the first to inform the press service. Canal+ acquired the rights to the most elite football games for the next three seasons a few weeks ago.
Why suspend a kids channel in order to temporarily release bandwidth for matches?

RegularCapital

Staff member
Why suspend a kids channel in order to temporarily release bandwidth for matches?
Because live sport (especially top-tier football) is more lucrative than a kids channel airing a normal schedule. However when there's no major sports on, it's likely that the other channels have more viewership. It's a shame that they had to temporarily sacrifice a kids channel and they must be really short of transponder space.

Spotlight

Members online

No members online now.

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

What happened to all our posts from yesterday?
Ok, this was all related to the latest server migration. In addition to not being able to post, I can't log out either well by deleting cookies you can.
Yojimbo wrote on Zedd's profile.
can not post, get this error message (but can post on people's profiles and post status updates)
Forum is back but I (and I assume everyone) can not make a post.
I would love to know what anime are popular in Serbia

Featured Posts