"History of Comics on Film" Talkback (Spoilers)

Derekwc

Let's Go wreck it!
Just wanted to let you how much I've completely enjoyed keeping up with your series.

I'm blown away by how thorough and comprehensive each segment (and the entire series) is - you seem to have invested andinsane amount of time into this, and it's definitely appreciated.

New banner looks cool also.

Toddman

Thanks Toddman.

I enjoy investing my time this way. Your appreciation for the work is part of the reward in my eyes.

Next up will be yet another Archie series and then Sabrina. Hopefully I can release them over each susequent weekend like I've been for the last two.

Then I will have to start prepping for the next segments.:D

Toddman

Hulk not good with words.
Thanks Toddman.

I enjoy investing my time this way. Your appreciation for the work is part of the reward in my eyes.

Next up will be yet another Archie series and then Sabrina. Hopefully I can release them over each susequent weekend like I've been for the last two.

Then I will have to start prepping for the next segments.:D

By the way - - my favorite line of commentary so far has to be from "King of the Congo" :

"What the hell, monkeys?! What did the Rock People ever do to you?"

Toddman

Shawn Hopkins

TZ Member of the Year 2013
I've been working on a lot of the Filmation/Archie type shows over the last few months.

Just finished the first of the 4 I had been working on,Archie's Funhouse.

Also I finally get to share my new 70s Intro (which I am quite happy with).

As always comments are appreciated.

Next up will be Josie and The PussyCats. Stay Tuned!

That was a great video, man. I was considering starting an Archie DVD collection after I get the last few pieces for my Scooby Doo DVD collection and this has kind of pushed me over the edge. The animation is surprisingly good, I expected it to be much poorer. The shrill and screechy voices are kind of hard to take, though, that's way different than the voices I hear in my head when I read Archie comics.

Toddman

That was a great video, man. I was considering starting an Archie DVD collection after I get the last few pieces for my Scooby Doo DVD collection and this has kind of pushed me over the edge. The animation is surprisingly good, I expected it to be much poorer. The shrill and screechy voices are kind of hard to take, though, that's way different than the voices I hear in my head when I read Archie comics.

Ugh, yes those crappy Filmation voices. It's like having Bat-Mite and Orko as the lead in every episode of every show.

Toddman

Derekwc

Let's Go wreck it!
Lou Schimer and his offspring are to blame for that I'm afraid. :D

Thanks for watching Shawn!

If you ever do buy some Archie stuff, take a look at the carousels under the videos
on my blog.

Derekwc

Let's Go wreck it!
History of Comics On Film Part 36 is now up!

Part thirty-six of an ongoing series about the History of Comic Books that have been adapted for movies and television. This particular segment covers the Filmation produced animated television seriesArchie's TV Funnies that ran on CBS from 1971 to 1973 !

This one's on another Archie series, but about half of the screen time goes to the "TV Funnies" as well. Broom-Hilda, Captain and The Kids, Dick Tracy, Emmy Lou, Moon Mullins, Nancy and Sluggo, Smokey Stover, and The Dropouts are all featured in this series as well.

Please enjoy and let me know what you think.

Zorak Masaki

Pretty interesting, even though this wasnt really an archie show. It should also be known that filmation tried this concept again sans the framing format in 1978 with Fabulous Funnies (which kept nancy, broom-hilda, and captain and the kids, and added in alley-oop).

Toddman

Would have never thought you'd find an excuse to play the entire opening theme to M.A.S.K. :p

Toddman

Derekwc

Let's Go wreck it!
History of Comics On Film Part 37 is now up!

Part thirty-seven of an ongoing series about the History of Comic Books that have been adapted for movies and television. This particular segment covers the Filmation produced animated television series Sabrina The Teen-Age Witch that ran on CBS from 1971 to 1972 !

Between my Labor Day trip and making sure my 2 blogs on Darkseid and Green Arrow were up before Superman-Batman: Apocalypse comes out, this one really took a lot longer than I had planned to release.

Please enjoy and let me know what you think.

BlackoutCreature

I just watched the Archie episode. Never knew that existed before. When I first clicked on it I thought it was gonna be about that weird TV-movie they made in 1990 where the Archie cast was all grown up.

Good review btw, have to remember to check out more when I get the chance.

Derekwc

Let's Go wreck it!
I just watched the Archie episode. Never knew that existed before. When I first clicked on it I thought it was gonna be about that weird TV-movie they made in 1990 where the Archie cast was all grown up.

Good review btw, have to remember to check out more when I get the chance.

Thanks for your support BlackoutCreature! Glad you enjoyed the Archie episode. :D

Zorak Masaki

Pretty good review, looked interesting and it was odd to see that stories from this movie would later be adapted by the tv series as well. It should be noted that this was the first movie to have a killer dressed as santa as well.

Derekwc

Let's Go wreck it!
Megamind/My Top Ten Favorite Non-Superman Supermen

So I took my mom out for her birthday today and me and my family all went to go see Megamind in IMAX 3-D.

As a fan of Superman I enjoyed seeing a twist on the mythos and particularly liked the culmination of the "shuul" gag with Megamind feeling all "mel-len-co-lee."

Anyway here's a little write-up that the movie inspired me to do.

Derekwc

Let's Go wreck it!
History of Comics On Film Part 39 is now up!

History Of Comics On Film Part 039 (Josie & The PussyCats In Outer Space)

Part thirty-nine of an ongoing series about the History of Comic Books that have been adapted for movies and television. This particular segment covers the Hanna Barbera produced animated television series Josie & The PussyCats In Outer Space that ran on CBS in the year 1972 !

Derekwc

Let's Go wreck it!
Round 3 Picture-In-Picture Commentary for the History of Comics On Film

These are the point five episodes I neglected to do PIP Commentary for before now.

Also I added links to my Cool Sites list including my friend and his fiancee's Web Series that was on the SyFy Channel called the Resistance. You can now watch it for free at youtube.

Also added a web link to the movie series I was just working on called Ceasar and Otto.

Scooby Doo Meets Batman is coming up next.

History Of Comics On Film Part 040

Part forty of an ongoing series about the History of Comic Books that have been adapted for movies and television. This particular segment covers the Hanna Barbera produced animated television series The New Scooby Doo Movies featuring Batman & Robin that ran on CBS in the year 1972 !

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.
Happy 4th of July!
Oh, it's my birthday!
The New Woody Woodpecker Show was just removed from Peacock... Can this show just take a break from being screwed over?

Featured Posts