"History of Comics on Film" Talkback (Spoilers)

Zorak Masaki

Pretty good review, albiet a bit short (hopefully the next review will be longer). I wonder if Casey Kasem will repriese<sp> his role as Robin for the upcoming Brave and the Bold episode recreating the scooby/batman crossovers.

Derekwc

Let's Go wreck it!
History Of Comics On Film Part 041 (The Vault of Horror)

Part forty one of an ongoing series about the History of Comic Books that have been adapted for movies and television. This particular segment covers the 1973 Amigus produced feature film The Vault of Horror !

Pretty good review, albiet a bit short (hopefully the next review will be longer). I wonder if Casey Kasem will repriese<sp> his role as Robin for the upcoming Brave and the Bold episode recreating the scooby/batman crossovers.

Thanks. I'm just curious, since you are the second person who's mentioned the length of this piece....have you come to expect pieces that are over 10 minutes? 20? I think the longest I ever did was in the late 20s, but not over 30 minutes.

Usually when things are longer it's probably a sign of how much material there actually is or how many characters I feel I need to give due time and coverage.

I guess here since Batman and crew have already been covered so much, there wasn't as much need to go into first appearances and the like.

Derekwc

Let's Go wreck it!
It's Green Hornet Month at derekwc presents:The History of Comics On Film!

History of The Green Hornet Part 1is now up!

History Of The Green Hornet Part 001(The Green Hornet 1940 Serial)

In anticipation of the upcoming feature film, this January is Green Hornet month here at derekwc Presents The History of Comics On Film. This particular segment covers the 1940 film serial from Universal Studios !

Also the blog got a redesign for 2011. Lemme know what you guys think.

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter
Just have to say Derek great job on all the videos. The editing is spectacular. Your narration is great. It's a nice dry style but it also offers constructive commentary and criticism when necessary. Absolutely amazing. I just got through all your Green Hornet retrospectives and I can't wait until you start getting into the 1980's and 1990's eras of comic adaptations in movies and TV.

Derekwc

Let's Go wreck it!
Just have to say Derek great job on all the videos. The editing is spectacular. Your narration is great. It's a nice dry style but it also offers constructive commentary and criticism when necessary. Absolutely amazing. I just got through all your Green Hornet retrospectives and I can't wait until you start getting into the 1980's and 1990's eras of comic adaptations in movies and TV.

Thanks for your support TheVileOne! I appreciate it very much.

Derekwc

Let's Go wreck it!
RE: Atop The Fourth Wall's Cry For Justice Review - A Video Response In Two Parts

The last couple of weeks I've been watching Atop The Fourth Wall's video reviews on the comic book series Cry For Justice.

I was compelled to create my own video to serve as a counterpoint to many of the criticisms and arguments brought up in Linkara's aforementioned review.

So I contacted the man to inform him of my intentions, and with his blessing
I present his series of reviews alongside my own respsonse.

Like my friend Mike Priest would say, I hope you find them "edu-taining."

darkdetective

Former TZ Reporter/Reviewer
I really enjoy your work. It's like little documentaries for shows that would normally never get any!

Rick Jones

Big Fan
Staff member
Whenever I see the 80s comics involving X-Factor or New Mutants members, it always takes me back to those days when I'd pass by the comic shop after school to dig through the long boxes and find gold. Those were always the books I gravitated to while my buddies went for more recent stuff like Cable or Spawn.

Zorak Masaki

Pretty interesting look at an often overlooked part of superhero shows. BTW, your next part is on Isis? IIRC, i dont recall her starting off in comic books (though she did have a tie-in comic series), though i guess since she was part of the shazam/isis show she should get some attention.

Derekwc

Let's Go wreck it!
Pretty interesting look at an often overlooked part of superhero shows. BTW, your next part is on Isis? IIRC, i dont recall her starting off in comic books (though she did have a tie-in comic series), though i guess since she was part of the shazam/isis show she should get some attention.

She did not technically start off in comics, which I address in the video that I am sort of breaking my rule, but will do so for pretty ladies like Isis and/or eventually Red Sonja.

Lots of fun comic stuff to talk about with Isis anyway. Should be up fairly soon.

Thanks for watching!

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.
Happy 4th of July!
Oh, it's my birthday!
The New Woody Woodpecker Show was just removed from Peacock... Can this show just take a break from being screwed over?

Featured Posts