"I Am Groot (Disney+ Animated Shorts)" News & Discussion (Spoilers)

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Minor spoiler but apparently James Gunn also has a short voice role in one of the shorts.

Also, they adressed the continuity between the series and the MCU:
The filmmaker recently confirmed I Am Groot is set following the central events of 2017's Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, but before the film's mid-credits scene, which introduced Teen Groot. "It's a narrow window, right?" Gunn said. He previously stated the animated shorts aren't necessarily Marvel Cinematic Universe canon. "They're canon to themselves, I'd think," he wrote.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
09/11:
Minor but an article about the I Am Groot presentation at D23.

Marvel Studios’ presentation began with a sweet treat from the beloved troublemaking twig, Baby Groot, who returned to Disney+ September 6 with five new episodes of I Am Groot. The tree of few words explores the universe beyond the Guardians’ spaceships, coming face-to-face — or nose-to-nose (he gets a nose in Episode 2) — with new and colorful creatures and environments. Attendees watched Episode 4, “Groot’s Sweet Treat,” in which he scours the ship for coins as an intergalactic ice cream truck approaches. Audience members aptly received a dining card redeemable for a Mickey Mouse ice cream bar

11/02:
I Am Groot is nominated for an Emmy for Best Short Form Program.

EDIT: Also nominated in the Sound Mixing & Editing category.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Has anyone seen PSI Cops last night?

(cricket noises)

Yeah, I still can't believe that was a thing.
Paramount and Skydance have officially merged. Does this mean that Brian Robbins got the boot?
Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.
PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes

Featured Posts