International Disney Networks Thread Part 10

Francisque

I'm watching the feed now, seems like technical problems or something where they are putting the same shows in a row and things like that.
Emergency broadcasting or something, similar to what CN had.

Still strange, I don't think EMEA is receiving that in.

@Markus Nelis yes, it isn't, EMEA has normal content, at least the Arabic sub-feed

@Rrr @Markus Nelis so odd, they've had the same Disney Junior repeated three times in the break!

Last edited:

Francisque

Yes, this really seems like a serious error... i wonder how long this will last!
Quite unprofessional
Mistakes happen, but they need at least to have a bar informing the viewers about technical problems or something : )
Like CN did back in 2006

They really think viewers wouldn't notice?
I understand linear TV is less popular, but that's stretching it too far

Reactions: Rrr

Rrr

Exactly!! :D
And especially since (well, last time I checked) the schedule shown on their official site is completely misleading for the average viewer

What happens when children come from school in a hour or two and the channel still has these problems?

Okay , maybe I'm exaggerating, since there arent that many viewers these days, but theres a huge risk and so on

Francisque

Exactly!! :D
And especially since (well, last time I checked) the schedule shown on their official site is completely misleading for the average viewer

What happens when children come from school in a hour or two and the channel still has these problems?

Okay , maybe I'm exaggerating, since there arent that many viewers these days, but theres a huge risk and so on
As long as there's a message on-screen about technical issues, for me they can even ignore the rest.

The websites are largely ignored by companies these days, especially by Disney; they're also "pan-EMEA" homogeneous, and it's probably even hard to personalize them.

I think the issues will be fixed for afterschool (which in most Scandi countries is around 3/4pm I believe), it shows how poor the channel management by Disney is these days.
Nevertheless, I believe that if such a thing had happened on DC France and especially DC Germany, this would've been straightaway fixed

EDIT: the same promo they're airing three times in the break is clearly outdated as it says "in January" (in Danish, which I clearly don't understand much)

Reactions: Rrr

Markus Nelis

Ok thanks for the answer. So it looks like DC Nordic indeed is having some sort of a test soft launch now. I still want to wait for an answer from Insidus to double check.

About promos, they don't have Disney relaunch promo yet. The only promo they currently air is the Pupstruction Disney Junior promo. And really, it airs multiple times in a row in one break just because they don't air other promos yet.

And yes, just because less people watch live TV services, doesn't mean that no one will notice. I noticed right away when I was channel surfing that the EPG wasn't correct. My provider actually ditched cable TV last month but it has streaming live television with boxes. Not much really has changed though. However I do like their streaming now. You get live channels and apps in one place. Easy to use.

Last edited:

Rrr

As long as there's a message on-screen about technical issues, for me they can even ignore the rest.

The websites are largely ignored by companies these days, especially by Disney; they're also "pan-EMEA" homogeneous, and it's probably even hard to personalize them.

I think the issues will be fixed for afterschool (which in most Scandi countries is around 3/4pm I believe), it shows how poor the channel management by Disney is these days.
Nevertheless, I believe that if such a thing had happened on DC France and especially DC Germany, this would've been straightaway fixed

EDIT: the same promo they're airing three times in the break is clearly outdated as it says "in January" (in Danish, which I clearly don't understand much)
I agree completely, probably it will be fixed but it will be interesting to see how long it will go on. And you’re right, its definitely an accurate depiction of the current management.

Slightly off-topic:
A Toon Disney Scandinavia laughter promo (you can tell its Scandi especially from the MTOFLS endboard at the end):
I am not sure when it is from, but in summer 2007 Toon Disney Scandi did have a laughter-themed block judging from recordings, here a quick snapshot of an (incomplete) ECP:
1709124973092.png

Markus Nelis

Hm, outdated Disney Junior promo indeed as I'm hearing this on the English audio track. This is something DC EMEA has done. They for example air Saturdays promo saying "starts 9 October at 18:00". However I don't think DC Scandinavia will get as autopilot as DC EMEA has been. Plus I think they won't repeat the same episodes like DC EMEA has done for multiple days in a row.

Looks like DC Scandinavia has also a proper HD feed. We've been getting HD quality since the day we got DC Africa for a limited time. I believe only Denmark carried HD.

RegularCapital

Staff member
Maybe they're splitting technically (hence the screw-ups) today the feeds while keeping the same schedule as EMEA until the end of March, so they can have break differences where they can inform viewers about the change and so on, plus having relevant promo times for a Scandinavian audience while they approach the end of March and they need to have Nordic-relevant promos while EMEA can keep "normal" breaks.

Maybe, just a thought

It makes sense, but maybe they've should've sandboxed the feed split in parallel before transmission.

Francisque

Hamster and Gretel airs now. There's no schedule available so don't question why I've been posting what shows are on.
I don't think it's a planned schedule, and should hopefully revert to the planned timetable schedule very soon

Markus Nelis

Disney: We don't care anymore, just watch the shows on Disney+. :D
I heard Disney Channel is still the most popular kids network in the Nordic region at least that's what many cable providers say when I look at the channel's information in the package. it's not like they shouldn't care at all. If they even wanted the feed to return and don't want to put at least a little effort to it, then I don't know why we didn't continue to have the EMEA feed. But we'll see if it's going to be on autopilot for most of the time. I still think it feels much more alive than DC EMEA. Which still airs old promos by saying stuff like "starts 9 October" when the month has passed a while ago.

Markus Nelis

Sorry that I double post but I think this deserves a separate post. So these shows have aired so far to give the small taste what the relaunched DC Scandinavia will likely air starting in April:

- Bunk'd
- Miraculous
- Hamster & Gretel
- Moon Girl & Devil Dinosaur
- SuperKitties
- Mickey Mouse Funhouse
- Bluey
- Firebuds
- Star Wars: Young Jedi Adventures
- Pupstruction

Even when this is just testing, I'm glad they're adding more shows in the lineup that the feed's loop won't be as annoying as it was this morning.

EDIT as I'm adding more from my previous post: I won't be subscribing to Disney Plus when they already offer me many Disney owned networks. For me, I will actually wait until Disney channels shut down completely. I'm already happy with the content I can watch on live TV service. For me, live TV subscription which used to be just cable costs me 30 euros a month. No way I want to subscribe to streaming services right now.

Last edited:

Francisque

No one controlling this channel, really?

It's 16:50 and still have the apparently emergency loop running

Markus Nelis

No one controlling this channel, really?

It's 16:50 and still have the apparently emergency loop running
I think there is someone because they added more shows to the loop. Morning only had 3 shows airing which was more annoying. I was talking an hour ago which shows they have aired today and there's quite a lot. However the Pupstruction promo is getting on my nerves. It airs 10 times in one break. Looks like they're on the clock with shows starting in :05, 10, 15 and so on finally.

Francisque

I think there is someone because they added more shows to the loop. Morning only had 3 shows airing which was more annoying. I was talking an hour ago which shows they have aired today and there's quite a lot. However the Pupstruction promo is getting on my nerves. It airs 10 times in one break. Looks like they're on the clock with shows starting in :05, 10, 15 and so on finally.
But it's still nevertheless a test modality, the official channel is off air.

I personally couldn't care less for variety for one day, as long as a technical explanation is given for the channel , especially as something else altogether is on the EPG

It's not that it gives me issues or anything, I just wonder how one channel in general in 2024, can be so careless at dealing with technical issues.

It just feels surreal...but it also might be a serious issue if they still haven't gone back to normal

Markus Nelis

I sure hope this testing isn't available in public for a month. They should maybe bring DC EMEA back and start properly testing in the last week and properly promote the relauch on the last week of March. They obviously don't even have promos made for the relaunch yet so I really hope this won't last for the entire month. The problem is if they do, people will just be so confused that the EPG is wrong. It's smart thing to do testing late at night only if they continue.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Almost forgot to listen to this before the day was up.
Viper wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
Happy 4th of July, Light Lucario. I really hope you get to enjoy the fireworks tonight. Have a wonderful evening.
BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.

Featured Posts