International Disney Networks Thread Part 10

Markus Nelis

The sound in Nordic's audio tracks are back.

And speaking of DC Africa, we'll be getting rid of it because the feed only targets towards Africans. Plus it has a problem of airing the same few episodes all the time.

Francisque

The sound in Nordic's audio tracks are back.

And speaking of DC Africa, we'll be getting rid of it because the feed only targets towards Africans. Plus it has a problem of airing the same few episodes all the time.
?

It's EMEA, it alao targets Greece, Arabic-speaking countries and the ex-Yugoslavia area.

And it's too early and there aren't imminent signs it's shutting down, plus it's s big audience whose wealthier people.might not still be able to access streaming services, partly even in relatively wealthier South Africa

Reactions: Rrr

Markus Nelis

?

It's EMEA, it alao targets Greece, Arabic-speaking countries and the ex-Yugoslavia area.

And it's too early and there aren't imminent signs it's shutting down, plus it's s big audience whose wealthier people.might not still be able to access streaming services, partly even in relatively wealthier South Africa
My bad. I knew though. Also, I didn't say DC EMEA will shut down. It will continue until 2027 at least as there has been news about it. My issue however is how can people watch the same episodes? I get that DC EMEA wants to be fresh by only airing the newest episodes but Villains of Valley View S1 isn't that old. DC Scandinavia has never been that repetitive so I can't wait for the relaunch.

MagiaDiWinx

Right now we have Anke Kortemeier (mainly Mickys Morgen, she was also in charge for Disney Junior) and Patricia Strasburger.
Thank you! But I meant in the 2000s because it does def sound like Miley Stewart’s dub voice but I looked up her credits and Disney Channel‘s voiceover wasn‘t there.

Francisque

German channels are conservative on keeping the same dubbers on their channels just as they are in Italy, not much in variety lol
That German lady had been there for a long time, before being replaced

Patrizio Prata had been the voice of the Disney Channel over here for a very long time, from the launch until almost the end of the channel, before being replaced shortly before the channel's shut down; now he can be heard on HGTV Italy I think
(in 2003)
(in 2015)
You can notice how the same voice has "aged" a bit lol

Similarly, the same voices had been part of DC Germany for a long time
DC France too
Still they have the popular voice of Dorothée Pousséo (who used to sound so strange to me, not anymore lol) who they had since 2005-6
(in 2024!)

Germany, just like in Italy, has a long standing dubbing industry, with similar "professional voices" and "professional accents" which often do not correspond exactly to how people sound in real lives

As for France: I preferred to sound of Valérie Guerlain (a very "French" kind of voice lol), which had been replaced in 2005-6 I think, during major changes on the Disney channels, including the removal of live presentation

Emmanuel Garijo, the other male "voix off" is still there too in 2024, I think

MagiaDiWinx

German channels are conservative on keeping the same dubbers on their channels just as they are in Italy, not much in variety lol
That German lady had been there for a long time, before being replaced

Patrizio Prata had been the voice of the Disney Channel over here for a very long time, from the launch until almost the end of the channel, before being replaced shortly before the channel's shut down; now he can be heard on HGTV Italy I think
(in 2003)
(in 2015)
You can notice how the same voice has "aged" a bit lol

Similarly, the same voices had been part of DC Germany for a long time
DC France too
Still they have the popular voice of Dorothée Pousséo (who used to sound so strange to me, not anymore lol) who they had since 2005-6
(in 2024!)

Germany, just like in Italy, has a long standing dubbing industry, with similar "professional voices" and "professional accents" which often do not correspond exactly to how people sound in real lives

As for France: I preferred to sound of Valérie Guerlain (a very "French" kind of voice lol), which had been replaced in 2005-6 I think, during major changes on the Disney channels, including the removal of live presentation

Emmanuel Garijo, the other male "voix off" is still there too in 2024, I think
I hate Patrizio Prata’s DC voice. It’s cringe and all I can associate him with when I hear him elsewhere. I think Dorothée Pousséo sometimes sounded over-enthusiastic at times…and agin all I associate her with is DC.

Francisque

The voice is "fine" (even in the case of Pousséo; even both aren't my favourites), the thing is many voiceovers sound forced and almost flat and planned, not spontaneous

Thereefore, cringy indeed

Pousséo has learned to sound less cringy and childish, at least

MagiaDiWinx

What Disney Channel is recieved in Iceland, the Faroe Islands and Greenland? They def had it at some point but seeing as DC Scandinavia doesn’t exist in those languages, I’m not sure what the situation was. Likewise, what does/did Malta and Gibraltar have?

Rrr

What Disney Channel is recieved in Iceland, the Faroe Islands and Greenland? They def had it at some point but seeing as DC Scandinavia doesn’t exist in those languages, I’m not sure what the situation was. Likewise, what does/did Malta and Gibraltar have?

A person from Malta (according to his bio on YouTube and his many videos from the country) uploaded in February 2009 a Phineas and Ferb clip from a English-language version of the Scandinavia/PL/MEA Disney Channel (judging from the coming up next ECP), so at least Malta *possibly* could have had that pan-feed at least by the date of recording (unless he wasnt in Malta of course!).

Regarding the rest of the countries; im not sure about the details and if any of them still receive the channel or not, but i guess they get an English-language DC Scandi as well

Moleoman

I remember seeing some schedules on a Malta site/newspaper and the guides listed the Disney Channel EMEA schedule. Not sure when the country started receiving the feed, but GO Plus TV added the channel to its offer in February 2008: Disney Channel For GO Plus TV customers - The Malta Independent while it joint Melita's packages in January of the same year: New digital channels

Iceland for sure already received Disney Channel Scandinavia, though not sure when the channel expanded there, but is mentioned to be part of Skjárinn's offer (along with its sister channel Toon Disney) as early as November 2005 (according to Dagbladid Visir's November 30, 2005 issue): Dagblaðið Vísir - DV - 274. tölublað (30.11.2005), Blaðsíða 13

MagiaDiWinx

I remember seeing some schedules on a Malta site/newspaper and the guides listed the Disney Channel EMEA schedule. Not sure when the country started receiving the feed, but GO Plus TV added the channel to its offer in February 2008: Disney Channel For GO Plus TV customers - The Malta Independent while it joint Melita's packages in January of the same year: New digital channels

Iceland for sure already received Disney Channel Scandinavia, though not sure when the channel expanded there, but is mentioned to be part of Skjárinn's offer (along with its sister channel Toon Disney) as early as November 2005 (according to Dagbladid Visir's November 30, 2005 issue): Dagblaðið Vísir - DV - 274. tölublað (30.11.2005), Blaðsíða 13
What language would DC be broadcast in Iceland (and those other obscure Nordic markets), seeing they don’t have those respective tracks? (Am I acting dumb?)

I am not sure if Greenland had DC at all, since most of the island is uninhabitable so I feel like the market like…doesn’t exist. But I could absolutely be wrong.

Francisque

Faroe and Greenland are "Danish": these areas understand Danish and are quite "Integrated" TV-wise at that

AFAIK Malta receives EMEA, Gibraltar not sure?

RegularCapital

Staff member
Faroe and Greenland are "Danish": these areas understand Danish and are quite "Integrated" TV-wise at that

AFAIK Malta receives EMEA, Gibraltar not sure?

In terms of Disney, Gibraltar would've got Disney Channel UK when it was still broadcasting via Gibtelecom (which only launched in 2018, but carries the UK version of channels), or unofficially through Sky. According to the Wayback Machine, Gibtelecom no longer carries any version of Disney Channel after October 2020 (the UK shutdown).

They receive the current UK kids channels (apart from Sky Kids, however just like Malta, I don't think they get the UK version of the Nickelodeon channels, as evident by the Czech license, the absence of Nick Jr. Too, and the inclusion of Nick Music): Apps and channels | TV | Gibtelecom

zakawer2

#BringBackDislikes
Malta definitely receives the English-only version of Disney Channel EMEA (i.e. only English audio and no subtitles) also used in Sub-Saharan Africa.

And I think Iceland receives Disney Channel EMEA's Nordic subfeed that's soon expected to split away (and before that, Disney Channel Scandinavia), with English and presumably also Danish audio tracks available.

Markus Nelis

And I think Iceland receives Disney Channel EMEA's Nordic subfeed that's soon expected to split away (and before that, Disney Channel Scandinavia), with English and presumably also Danish audio tracks available.
All countires that have been carrying the Scandinavian feed have DC EMEA. That includes Iceland and the Batlics. Starting April 1st when it's not a question but it's a fact now DC Scandinavia will relaunch. Junior to shut down with shows moving to the main channel.

Reactions: J10

MagiaDiWinx

All countires that have been carrying the Scandinavian feed have DC EMEA. That includes Iceland and the Batlics. Starting April 1st when it's not a question but it's a fact now DC Scandinavia will relaunch. Junior to shut down with shows moving to the main channel.
I don’t know what Disney is doing anymore. Why’d they close DC Scandinavia only to launch it again?

Markus Nelis

I don’t know what Disney is doing anymore. Why’d they close DC Scandinavia only to launch it again?
My theory is ads returning. Even though most don't seem to agree, it makes sense. Another reason might be DC EMEA being autopilot means Scandinavia brings more life to it.

Francisque

My theory is ads returning. Even though most don't seem to agree, it makes sense. Another reason might be DC EMEA being autopilot means Scandinavia brings more life to it.
Maybe, but it has also something to do I suppose with them having the possibility to run content from both DJ and Disney Channel plus maybe EMEA didn't work out in terms of content .

I'd be glad if advertising came back even if very low at it, it makes the channel more of a channel, and better than annoying fillers

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Almost forgot to listen to this before the day was up.
Viper wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
Happy 4th of July, Light Lucario. I really hope you get to enjoy the fireworks tonight. Have a wonderful evening.
BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.

Featured Posts