International Disney Networks Thread Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Francisque

Of course, it doesn't mean it might have not been something for a pop up channel and similar

But yeah, of course Disney isn't going to invest on linear that much; it doesn't mean they haven't realized shutting down everything too soon wasn't a good strategy

JulianRO

In Canada it's a complete different story since Disney no longer owns the Canadian feed.

Not gonna say that the last two feeds that remained in Europe are also pretty trash.

MagiaDiWinx

Disney Cinemagic here in Portugal also refused to air the original movies of those franchises and preferred the direct-to-video sequels. Disney being Disney

The first time The Lion King aired on TV here was on SIC in Christmas 2012, and the first Little Mermaid movie premiered on SIC in July 2014, Disney Channel in June 2017.
Towards the end of the 2000s, Disney Cinemagic here started to lean towards WDAS and Pixar films and that became the case the rare time DC aired a film that wasn’t a DCOM, the DTS films (except Tinker Bell, which was massively popular in the UK, and tended to be shown regularly on both Cinemagic and DJ) didn’t air anymore unless they were doing a marathon of everything from a franchise and I'll repeat, they became staples on Disney Junior instead even though many were too "heavy" for that audience. Though I think Playhouse Disney was the "preschooler" channel and Disney Junior was when it started to cater to the broader "younger kids" bracket, seeing how intense and storyline-heavy Sofia the First and the Lion Guard got.

Review Metabee

Who gets stuck with all the bad luck?
Towards the end of the 2000s, Disney Cinemagic here started to lean towards WDAS and Pixar films and that became the case the rare time DC aired a film that wasn’t a DCOM, the DTS films (except Tinker Bell, which was massively popular in the UK, and tended to be shown regularly on both Cinemagic and DJ) didn’t air anymore unless they were doing a marathon of everything from a franchise and I'll repeat, they became staples on Disney Junior instead even though many were too "heavy" for that audience. Though I think Playhouse Disney was the "preschooler" channel and Disney Junior was when it started to cater to the broader "younger kids" bracket, seeing how intense and storyline-heavy Sofia the First and the Lion Guard got.
They tried to move Lilo and Stitch: The Series to Disney Junior in an attempt for a new audience, let's just it didn't last long.

shoohorn

Do any of the remaining international Disney Channels still air theatrical movies? A lot of them just, stopped in 2020. (Foxtel Disney Movies stopped as early as November 2019 when Disney+ launched)

MagiaDiWinx

The CEE feed airs movies but rarely, I think last time it did was the last winter.
DC EMEA premiered the first Tinker Bell before anywhere else. (In some countries, it had a televised premiere.) DC EMEA/CE/EE has also been known to air films at really random times rather than the expected "prime times." I get so annoying when something vaguely related to my interests.

Last edited:
In Canada it's a complete different story since Disney no longer owns the Canadian feed.

Not gonna say that the last two feeds that remained in Europe are also pretty trash.
Disney Channel/La Chaine replaced Teletoon Retro if CN was already there, While Disney Junior (Yet to recieve the 2024 rebrand) and Disney XD were built up from the Ground by Corus

Review Metabee

Does anyone know what happened to Disney in english? By technicality it was the last DC feed to retain 2010/2011 branding...

Review Metabee

Don't let me even start on how useless and waste of space this channel was

It was shut down along with Toon Disney on the 1st of October 2019 along with Disney XD, and it lasted too long
It was literally on automation and had little to no viewership. It should of bitten the dust way back in 2011.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Members online

No members online now.

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Has anyone seen PSI Cops last night?

(cricket noises)

Yeah, I still can't believe that was a thing.
Paramount and Skydance have officially merged. Does this mean that Brian Robbins got the boot?
Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.
PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes

Featured Posts