International Disney Networks Thread Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perla Magica

Digital Love
DC Poland already improved the "new episode" screenbug. Instead of "New" it's now "Nowy odcinek".
20220914_185456_resized.jpg

Review Metabee

Who gets stuck with all the bad luck?
When was the last time Ducktales aired on Disney Channel UK?

I know it's during bounce era but what year?

Francisque

Maybe even earlier: Toon Disney has been there since 2000 in the UK (along with Playhouse Disney), there had not been many classic toons (even staples) on the main Disney Channel for a long time.
Disney Channel UK has been "tweenized" rather early, as compared to let's say the Italian Disney Channel, mostly because it took longer for Playhouse and Toon in Italy to pop up; still a rather decent channel, but DC IT before 2003 in particular had more variety

Also, if I remember correctly, even Toon Disney UK had a huge thing for more popular cartoons (esp. since 2002) and less for classic toons like Ducktales and Darkwing Duck, disappointingly.

A lot of Recess in particular

Review Metabee

Who gets stuck with all the bad luck?
Maybe even earlier: Toon Disney has been there since 2000 in the UK (along with Playhouse Disney), there had not been many classic toons (even staples) on the main Disney Channel for a long time.
Disney Channel UK has been "tweenized" rather early, as compared to let's say the Italian Disney Channel, mostly because it took longer for Playhouse and Toon in Italy to pop up; still a rather decent channel, but DC IT before 2003 in particular had more variety

Also, if I remember correctly, even Toon Disney UK had a huge thing for more popular cartoons (esp. since 2002) and less for classic toons like Ducktales and Darkwing Duck, disappointingly.

The only classics I remember Cinemagic airing was Timon and Pumbaa. Maybe some Hercules and they'd pull a TD US and air 1 ducktales per month.

Perla Magica

Digital Love
I caught this banner timing error moment while watching Vikingskool today.

Usually the coming up next banner comes at near end of episode, but today it came in around 12th minute of the episode.

20220922_184341_60.jpg

thetellyweb

TellyToon

I never had Toon Disney UK when it launched, as it was a Sky only channel at the start. But a lot of the shows they seemed to advertise at the time were the more recent ones at that time, like Schnookums and Meat, Bonkers and Marsupilami (some were also being run on Disney Channel as well in either the daytime or late at night before they closed).

By the time I did get it. they were all pretty much the tween based ones and modern hits like Recess, Pepper Ann, Weekenders and Hercules.

Recess was definitely a popular show for them. One thing I recall was a Friday Afternoon block consisting of a movie and Recess back-to-back. And then Bigger Fridays later followed, copying the same format. They never changed the show to anything else, except for one occasion with Lilo & Stitch The Series.

Classics did crawl back, but were either on Playhouse Disney or Cinemagic for a short period of time.

Francisque

Yeah, there were classics but mostly in minor time slots or not on air for long, and basically almost never on Disney Channel.

Then Cinemagic tried to sandwich movies with shows and non-peak school times, but eventually, 2 years before the closure, shows were only "possible" during time slots like 10pm-12am.

I remember seeing Toon Disney UK's schedules, and yeah, not particularly impressed with the potential.

DC IT had a "duck" block on weekdays at 1pm, hardly "possible" on DC UK or even TD UK

zakawer2

#BringBackDislikes
Just realized that Disney Channel Scandinavia has been airing weekly new episodes of Big City Greens season 3A (not including "Squashed!", which I assume is expected to air closer to Halloween, and should be on Disney+ once the entire season is added over here) since September 26th, starting with "Boss Life / Papaganda". One new episode every Monday.

Also, it looks like The Ghost and Molly McGee season 1B (production order) will air on Disney Channel Scandinavia starting on October 3rd, with one new episode every Monday. It looks to me like they're intentionally skipping the holiday-oriented "Festival of Lights / Saving Christmas" from season 1A, as well as the winter-themed "Ice Princess / Ready, Set, Snow!", and delaying them until Christmas 2022 and early 2023 respectively (or until they put the show's complete first season on Disney+ in Denmark).

JMTV

A Little Meatwad
Here's a list of the current International Disney Channels that received the new look (aka The Signature Strokes look) so far:

Capture.PNG

-Africa

-Bulgaria

-Czech Republic

-France

-Greece

-Hungary

-Israel

-Middle East

-Netherlands and Flanders

-Poland

-Portugal

-Romania

-Moldova

-Scandinavia

-Spain

And here are the ones that had not received or yet to received the rebrand:

-United States

-Canada

-Germany

-India

-Japan

-Latin America

-Russia

If I'm missing something or everything is accurate, let me know. I'll updated as soon as I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Has anyone seen PSI Cops last night?

(cricket noises)

Yeah, I still can't believe that was a thing.
Paramount and Skydance have officially merged. Does this mean that Brian Robbins got the boot?
Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.
PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes

Featured Posts