Is Adult Swim trying to attract more Women/Girls?

aegisrawks

We all know how Superman tested well with girls and was to be an unisex kids show until it got Adult Swim'd. But then Came Sailor Moon... I know they cancelled Tuca and Bertie but do you guys think Adult Swim wants a female audience for some of their shows?

Conttactt

Sailor Moon is closely associated with the most nostalgic point in Toonami history. It may be a shoujo, but boys were watching it just as much back in the day. All getting it back means is they wanted one of the most iconic Toonami shows for Rewind. And they are kinda limited on their choices, it was Viz and thus accessible.

Now looking at AS own content, stuff like Teenage Euthanasia and Birdgirl were obvious attempts to make female oriented shows. Both of them flopping shows that trying to make female oriented content for AS is a bad choice since they are a minority demographic for the network.

aegisrawks

If they really wanted a female audience, they would've gone for Gundam Wing on Rewind. Or get more bishounen/pretty-boy heavy action anime on Toonami like K or Touken Ranbu.
I can legit see these happening now.

Conttactt

Gundam Wing definitely could work on Rewind. It would fit great between Sailor Moon and DBZ Kai, if they cut Kai down to one a week.
I don’t think they want the expense though. Gundam doesn’t come cheap. And Gundam also doesn’t hold the audience because when you take the nostalgia goggles off, it’s pretty boring.

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
I don’t think they want the expense though. Gundam doesn’t come cheap. And Gundam also doesn’t hold the audience because when you take the nostalgia goggles off, it’s pretty boring.

Witch from Mercury would have been epic and that was the first Gundam with a girl protagonist. That one seemed to have significantly more action than Iron Blooded Orphans, which I remember the official Adult Swim boards went livid over that show's lack of action back when it was airing.

Rynnec

Witch from Mercury would have been epic and that was the first Gundam with a girl protagonist. That one seemed to have significantly more action than Iron Blooded Orphans, which I remember the official Adult Swim boards went livid over that show's lack of action back when it was airing.
DeMarco has went on record a couple of times that he wanted GWitch on the block, but couldn't get it. And tbh, I don't blame CR for not wanting to play ball. Why put a dub premiere of one of anime's biggest, mainstream franchises on a TV block that airs past midnight when most of its target audience would be asleep? GWitch being a massive hit in America without a TV airing shows that they were right too.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Has anyone seen PSI Cops last night?

(cricket noises)

Yeah, I still can't believe that was a thing.
Paramount and Skydance have officially merged. Does this mean that Brian Robbins got the boot?
Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.
PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes

Featured Posts