"Marvel on Disney+" Pre-Release News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
And in comes US Agent :ack:.
I guess there's still some open doors about the serum such as the formula Ross used to enhance Blonsky or did HYDRA duplicate any of what Winter Soldier stole from Howard Stark before they made that death squad we saw in Civil War.

Frontier

Staff member
I guess there's still some open doors about the serum such as the formula Ross used to enhance Blonsky or did HYDRA duplicate any of what Winter Soldier stole from Howard Stark before they made that death squad we saw in Civil War.
I'm kind of surprised that hasn't come up more. Granted, it feels like Blonsky's been pretty much forgotten about by this point :sweat:.

the greenman

Oh hey, how's Betty doing :p?
They continue to fail on exploring Hulk. The only extra characters from Incredible Hulk used is General Ross, with not even the two characters interacting. I would love for the MCU to give us, at the very least a mention, of Red Hulk or Leader. Oh well.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
In fairness Marvel doesn't have the full movie rights to Hulk and his supporting cast. If Universal doesn't want to play ball there isn't much Marvel can do.

Dudley

Staff member
In fairness Marvel doesn't have the full movie rights to Hulk and his supporting cast. If Universal doesn't want to play ball there isn't much Marvel can do.

Yet we’re getting a She-Hulk series...

I don’t understand Disney at all. Either the movie rights holders must be asking for some serious cash, or Disney just doesn’t find it necessary.
Which sucks because having rights issues can seriously mess up director’s future plans for their billion dollar franchises, as we’re seeing with Spider-Man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Yet we’re getting a She-Hulk series...

I don’t understand Disney at all. Either the movie rights holders must be asking for some serious cash, or Disney just doesn’t find it necessary.
Which sucks because having rights issues can seriously mess up director’s future plans for their billion dollar franchises, as we’re seeing with Spider-Man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TV series don't fall under Universal's umbrella.

Freddy

Yeah, introducing She-Hulk in her own Disney+ show makes sense from a business/legal point-of-view. She is a very popular character, whose introduction earns them some representation points, but they can't make Hulk movies without the involvement of Universal and her origin could feel shoehorned in a Hulk/other hero team-up movie or even in a future Avengers movie.

She-Hulk show is something they will own completely, gets her introduction out of the way and then you are free to use her in upcoming movies the same way they have used Hulk himself.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Which begs the question of will Bruce Banner/Smart Hulk appear in the She-Hulk series even for just part of an episode? Unless they really rework her origin story...

Bettany also commented on WandaVision. He loves the scripts and describes the series as "super avant-garde and weird" which tracks from the D23 panel calling it "half sitcom, half MCU spectacular."

Magmaster12

Master of MAGnets
Staff member
Reporter
I just hope She Hulk is nothing like her current comic book counterpart *cringes*

the greenman

I'm really more upset that they may not mention Matt Murdock on She-Hulk. Another attorney at law series should be well aware of one another. I still think Disney and Feige will, slowly but surely, distance themselves from the television side as far as being canon. Things are going to get too big now with the Fox side coming in.

The prior television series may be considered "inspired" by. Or when they introduce the Multiverse, that's when they'll explain all those series away. We'll find out.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Frontier

Staff member
Which begs the question of will Bruce Banner/Smart Hulk appear in the She-Hulk series even for just part of an episode? Unless they really rework her origin story...
I think you have to address Bruce, and to be honest I think Ruffalo would probably be down for an appearance.

If they have the budget to do She-Hulk, they probably have enough budget for Professor Hulk.
Bettany also commented on WandaVision. He loves the scripts and describes the series as "super avant-garde and weird" which tracks from the D23 panel calling it "half sitcom, half MCU spectacular."
"Super avant-garde and weird" also tracks with the influences from Tom King's Vision run.
I just hope She Hulk is nothing like her current comic book counterpart *cringes*
I mean, they're calling her "She" Hulk, not "Hulk," so I think that's a pretty big indicator she's not going to be like her current depiction in the comics.
I'm really more upset that they may not mention Matt Murdock on She-Hulk. Another attorney at law series should be well aware of one another. I still think Disney and Feige will, slowly but surely, distance themselves from the television side as far as being canon. Things are going to get too big now with the Fox side coming in.
I think if any other lawyers appear, they'll probably be from the Dan Slott She-Hulk run.

Frontier

Staff member
There are plenty of lawyers in the world. I think the MCU can proceed just fine without mentioning any current shows and it won’t mess up canon or whatever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
What's important is that whenever a Superhero is in legal trouble, they can call She-Hulk ;).

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
It will be interesting to see how exactly Jennifer becomes gamma irradiated. I can't picture Bruce giving her a blood transfusion in the MCU.
On a related note, I hope S.H.I.E.L.D. destroyed all those samples Samuel Sterns was cultivating in his lab in TIH. Or what Samuel's status is for that matter, since he could use his blood now. I think in the Ultimate comics, at least, there was a Hulk serum in play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

PF9
I'd like to hear your thoughts on these proposals:

Has anyone seen PSI Cops last night?

(cricket noises)

Yeah, I still can't believe that was a thing.
Paramount and Skydance have officially merged. Does this mean that Brian Robbins got the boot?
Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.

Featured Posts