"Marvel's Spider-Man" (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 6 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pattern_Maker

Didn't Peter cure him the first time? I kind of forget

Gwen finished the cure, Peter injected him with it.

Maybe Peter, Gwen, Miles, and Anya are just rolling with because they want Max to stay at Horizon and that he allowed Ock to cure Aleskei.:shrug:

Roxas_Sora

If those Were-Spiders are people not entirely cured from the Spider Island's saga, MAYBE we can still have more Spider-Heroes in the series somehow. (I know there are several already, but they could have used other kind of monsters besides Rhinos and Were-Spiders, like Lizards or Man-Wolves).

Frontier

Staff member
If those Were-Spiders are people not entirely cured from the Spider Island's saga, MAYBE we can still have more Spider-Heroes in the series somehow. (I know there are several already, but they could have used other kind of monsters besides Rhinos and Were-Spiders, like Lizards or Man-Wolves).
To be honest I'm just happy to see them finally using Miles, Gwen, and Anya for once...

Pattern_Maker

I guess the writers didn't want to repeat how bloated the Spider-Heroes became in Ultimate Spider-Man...not that it would have matter in this series since Gwen and Anya have been seen less as heroes than Peter and Miles.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Just a quick note, as we're getting to the final episodes of the show, I'd like to ask everyone to please use Spoiler Tags when posting or discussing leaked titles or descriptions, or commercials for the upcoming episodes. News can still be added here, but with Spoiler warnings when needed. Speculation is fine, as it has always been.

After the next episodes are officially announced in the monthly Disney press releases and official preview clips are out, those can be posted and discussed without Spoiler Tags, unless something major is presented in them. Users can add the Spoiler Tags as a courtesy for others if they wish.

Roxas_Sora

I hope next week we will have the name of the next episode revealed.

+ By the actor credited as "Unidentified Voice", we can assure it is Norman Osborn; and just like many of us suspected, that means he could debut as both, Green Goblin and Red Goblin (bonding with Carnage). The top of its hair saw by its back also seems Norman's hair.

+ Spider-Man revealing his identity has been a big mistake. I'm afraid the following episodes will turn VERY dark for Peter.

+ The Jackal has been referenced several times. Something tells me that, after Spider-Man revealing his identity, we could actually have Ben Reilly or Kaine appearing in the next episode; surely as part of a scheme to discredit both Peter and Spider-Man.

+ Seriously, I appreciate MJ's role here, but if they are not giving her a bigger role for what is left of the season and series, what was the point of making her appear?

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
The Disney September 2020 Highlights Press Release was posted announcing the title and log-line for the next episode. As mentioned before, Spoiler Tags aren't mandatory in this particular instance, but users can still include them if they feel is necessary.

Sunday, Sept. 27

Original Series – Episode Premiere on Disney XD
Marvel’s Spider-Man: Maximum Venom “Generations”
(9:00-9:50 P.M. EDT)

When Spider-Man discovers a vial of jackal serum at Horizon High, he and Ghost-Spider track down Jackal’s secret lab in an attempt to destroy the villain’s evil plans.

TV-Y7 FV

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
The Disney September 2020 Highlights Press Release was posted announcing the title and log-line for the next episode. As mentioned before, Spoiler Tags aren't mandatory in this particular instance, but users can still include them if they feel is necessary.

Sunday, Sept. 27

Original Series – Episode Premiere on Disney XD
Marvel’s Spider-Man: Maximum Venom “Generations”
(9:00-9:50 P.M. EDT)

When Spider-Man discovers a vial of jackal serum at Horizon High, he and Ghost-Spider track down Jackal’s secret lab in an attempt to destroy the villain’s evil plans.

TV-Y7 FV
I've been waiting for them to deal with The Jackal for so long it's almost hard to believe they're finally going to do it. I'm hyped :D.

Fittingly it's also a Peter and Gwen team-up :).

M.O.D.O.K.

Scientist Supreme
Staff member
Yeah, I'm actually kind of hyped. This new relationship between Gwen and Miles Raymond Warren was barely explored in the first season, so I'm glad they're doing something with it.

I'm guessing whatever Connors and his employer are doing with the symbiote seed will be reserved for the final special.

Frontier

Staff member
Yeah, I'm actually kind of hyped. This new relationship between Gwen and Miles Raymond Warren was barely explored in the first season, so I'm glad they're doing something with it.

I'm guessing whatever Connors and his employer are doing with the symbiote seed will be reserved for the final special.
I'm curious if it's the same with the Symbiote Sisters.

Roxas_Sora

Well, I suspected the Jackal would have a role in the last episodes, but like the other plots, this getting in a hurry and pretty "squeezed" with the so limited time left.

I believe we MIGHT actually have some Spider-Clones here, especially one which abilities make him similar to symbiotes: Spider-Cide.

The more time pass, the more I'm convinced they need more specials to properly end this season AND series.

I'm curious if it's the same with the Symbiote Sisters.

They would certainly appear in the last special, with another "symbiote invasion".

M.O.D.O.K.

Scientist Supreme
Staff member
A minor note, Disney already posted some Halloween highlights for next month. No sign of Maximum Venom apparently, but it might just be because it's not considered a Halloween Special. I am not sure if they released the full October highlights this early in September in previous years.

Yeah, I'm sure it's just the Halloween stuff being highlighted and not the full list. Which is funny, because I thought they saved the final for that same reason.

Roxas_Sora

Please, people, there's NO WAY they are going to skip the last special in Halloween's month! I mean, come on! Just think about all the stuff we will have there:

+ Norman Osborn appearing as the main villain, and surely debuting officially as the Green Goblin. (Remember the green liquid and the explosion of his last episode?).
+ Another symbiote's invasion; possibly with the Three Sisters (Scorn, Scream and Mania).
+ The potential debut of Carnage (A "fiery beast of ultimate destruction").
+ Norman Osborn and Carnage possibly merging together into the Red Goblin.

With all this nightmare's material, between goblins and the most dangerous symbiotes, there's no way they will skip to air it in Halloween's month!

Kevin's

I believe it's not necessary to bring the guardians of the galaxy carnage into play

As per the final look of the guardians of the galaxy carnage it seems to be dead

Multiple versions of carnage have existed in the ultimate spider-man series one which made by Norman Osborn and it's host was Peter parker
The other one made by doc occ and a mad scientist it's hosts were doc occ and mj

Which gives us some kind of clarity that if at all we are gonna see carnage in the series it has a very less probability to be Thanos one and we might see a new version of carnage made from seed which Conors stole

If something like that is cooking up then it should be revealed in episode 5 because they can't dump every thing in a single episode

Frontier

Staff member
I believe it's not necessary to bring the guardians of the galaxy carnage into play

As per the final look of the guardians of the galaxy carnage it seems to be dead

Multiple versions of carnage have existed in the ultimate spider-man series one which made by Norman Osborn and it's host was Peter parker
The other one made by doc occ and a mad scientist it's hosts were doc occ and mj

Which gives us some kind of clarity that if at all we are gonna see carnage in the series it has a very less probability to be Thanos one and we might see a new version of carnage made from seed which Conors stole

If something like that is cooking up then it should be revealed in episode 5 because they can't dump every thing in a single episode
Carnage is kind of needed to do the Red Goblin (if that is the plan), but I'm kind of curious how they might come up with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.
PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes
Xilam is one of my most favourite animation studios, I enjoy alot of their cartoons from Hubert and Takako, Oggy and the Cockroaches and Zig and Sharko. Xilam is a studio that has inspired many and has created endless classics that we enjoy.

What's your most fond memory of Xilam?
Given how Drew Barrymore's production company Flower Films has mainly made live action projects for older audiences, them producing the TV special Olive The Other Reindeer and the Netflix preschool show Princess Power are definitely quite unusual. It would certainly explain the humor of the latter.

Featured Posts