"Marvel's Spider-Man" (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 6 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

colomb

I wonder how Venom actually factors into this episode given that the descriptions focus on Jackal and Osborne respectively. The preview briefly showed it going after Gwen, could that be near the beginning or at the end?

Pattern_Maker

I wonder how Venom actually factors into this episode given that the descriptions focus on Jackal and Osborne respectively. The preview briefly showed it going after Gwen, could that be near the beginning or at the end?

Norman uses Venom to become the Dark Goblin, at least I remember someone finding that synopsis last week.

Frontier

Staff member
So after two seasons we finally see one of Anya's parents. I was wondering if we would at all since both of her parents are dead in the comics, though her father died after she officially became Spider-Girl.

Maria Corazon...in the comics Anya's mother was named Sofia.

So it looks like Miles and Peter are the only ones who have family members who are not mad scientist supervillains.

Another lesson from this series: be better than your parents/family members.
Gwen's dad is a police officer, we've just never seen him.

M.O.D.O.K.

Scientist Supreme
Staff member
I like how the screenshots try to avoid spoiling stuff that the promo already did.

I can see why the episode is called "Generations". Norman (Harry's dad) is colluding with Maria (Anya's older relative) and Jackal (Gwen's uncle). Only Peter and Miles are left out of the theme, unless Swarm is actually Miles's dad and Chameleon is actually Uncle Ben somehow.

I wasn't expecting to see Connors becoming the Lizard again, if only because there's a lot going on between Dark Goblin, Jackal, Venom, and the Symbiote Sisters in the last two episodes.

Frontier

Staff member
I like how the screenshots try to avoid spoiling stuff that the promo already did.

I can see why the episode is called "Generations". Norman (Harry's dad) is colluding with Maria (Anya's older relative) and Jackal (Gwen's uncle). Only Peter and Miles are left out of the theme, unless Swarm is actually Miles's dad and Chameleon is actually Uncle Ben somehow.

I wasn't expecting to see Connors becoming the Lizard again, if only because there's a lot going on between Dark Goblin, Jackal, Venom, and the Symbiote Sisters in the last two episodes.
I'm going to twist my head if that's the real reason Alex Desert is voicing Swarm :p.

To be honest, I don't see the point of using Connors unless he transforms into The Lizard. Heck, nobody's actually brought it up all season so they may as well just treat it as the first time it's happened :rolleyes2:.

Kevin's

You might be right
After seeing this video

Last edited:

Pattern_Maker

Okay, I'm trying not to believe that Swarm is Miles' dad (or someone related to him), but the dude is obessed with Miles on a weird level.

So Maria Corazon is piloting a new Spider-Slayer robot and fights Anya in Horizon's Think Tank. I'm hoping one of the preview clips by Marvel HQ that'll come out later this week will spoil their relationship.

I'm still curious about how Norman was able to get The Jackal to work with him. Otto back in season one made sense since they hated both Norman and Spider-Man, but I can't see the whole enemy of my enemy thing going on between them like with Otto.

Pattern_Maker

Maria isn't Anya's mother. Anya calls her by her first name which means she's her sister or her cousin. I wonder if she's under mind control since she didn't even react when Anya said, "Maria, wait!"

Man, Norman's been MIA for so long that he's unaware at how much Spider-Man has grown as a hero with everything he's been through.

Frontier

Staff member
These sneak peeks came out .

Man, they're only one other villain away from being a Sinister Six. Then again, the Oz Commandos only had five people :rolleyes2:.

Can Spider-Man finally get one, good, major solo fight on his own show? Although Harry will probably show up :sweat:.

"We're a team!" Even though we've only acted like a team for, like, 3-4 episodes :p.

What's King Shark and his cousins doing on a Marvel show ;)?

Pattern_Maker

Wait, that's supposed to be Tarantula? I guess the spider logo and the Latino(a) connection is there, but it just seems like a new Spider Slayer
Apparently, there were two female characters who went by the name Tarantula and Maria takes her first name from the one that was actually a hero. The other female Tarantula is actually a relative ( I think the sister) of the original Tarantula.

Kevin's

I think we got all sneek peeks we could get about episode 5
The thing which really bothers me is mj she has not appeared in episode 5 clips
And episode 6 I don't really belive she is gonna appear there too (not as a major character)
Mj' appearance in the series was less than moon night, head administrator and even technovore
I don't know why did we need a behind the scenes look at a minor character in two episodes
Why was Felicia day so happy and enthusiastic for a 5 min runtime in the whole series

Nothing makes sense if there won't be a season 4

Frontier

Staff member
I think we got all sneek peeks we could get about episode 5
The thing which really bothers me is mj she has not appeared in episode 5 clips
And episode 6 I don't really belive she is gonna appear there too (not as a major character)
Mj' appearance in the series was less than moon night, head administrator and even technovore
I don't know why did we need a behind the scenes look at a minor character in two episodes
Why was Felicia day so happy and enthusiastic for a 5 min runtime in the whole series

Nothing makes sense if there won't be a season 4
I think MJ suffered from last-minute appearance syndrome and the show struggling to focus on Peter outside Spider-Man stuff.

Pattern_Maker

She got to play one of the most iconic characters in comic books and media and from her interview, she is a Spider-Man fan and a fan of Mary Jane.

The same can be said about Laura Bailey and Melanie Minichino. They enjoyed playing Gwen and Anya before the two of them became Ghost-Spider and Spider-Girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.
Happy 4th of July!
Oh, it's my birthday!
The New Woody Woodpecker Show was just removed from Peacock... Can this show just take a break from being screwed over?

Featured Posts