"Marvel's Spider-Man" (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 6 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roxas_Sora

I believe it's not necessary to bring the guardians of the galaxy carnage into play

As per the final look of the guardians of the galaxy carnage it seems to be dead

Multiple versions of carnage have existed in the ultimate spider-man series one which made by Norman Osborn and it's host was Peter parker
The other one made by doc occ and a mad scientist it's hosts were doc occ and mj

Which gives us some kind of clarity that if at all we are gonna see carnage in the series it has a very less probability to be Thanos one and we might see a new version of carnage made from seed which Conors stole

If something like that is cooking up then it should be revealed in episode 5 because they can't dump every thing in a single episode

This generations of Marvel's series have a SERIOUS problem with continuity. As far as I see, if Carnage appears in the last special as I suspect, it would be the version from the short explaining the origins of Venom in "Marvel's Spider-Man". That means, the half of the Fourth Sister, "All-Black". According to the short, the Three Sisters (Scorn, Scream and Mania) used the remains of her sister to crete two new "weapons": One was a "great warrior" (Venom) and the other one was a "Fiery beast of ultimate destruction" (I think it's obvious it can only be Carnage). That is surely the version of Carnage to appear here.

Now, about the new info:

+ The Dark Goblin?! Well, this is not exactly what I expected (the Red Goblin), but it's quite easy to guess what it is. Actually, I believe something like this was already saw in "Ultimate Spider-Man". Do you remember this?:
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net...160.jpg.png/revision/latest?cb=20130724111300

+ "A team to fight Spider-Man". This smells like another "Sinister 6" all over again. However, knowing Osborn, I wouldn't be surprised if he actually uses a bigger number. Like, for example, "Sinister 16" or something. There are A LOT of candidates to name them all, although by the Dark Goblin's stuff, I would say Jack O Lantern could be one of them.

+ "Lets the Venom Symbiote escape": Pretty sure this will lead to the last special, and Venom won't have any interest to be part of Osborn's plan. In fact, I believe Venom will have his own plan (another symbiote invasion); which might involve the "Three Sisters". Question is, however, although Venom doesn't seem to need a host anymore, I bet he will try to use one to hurt Spider-Man. And I know the perfect candidate: MARY JANE!!!!

Well, what do you think?

Frontier

Staff member
A little spoiler, from Zap2It's current description for "Generations". Please remember to use Spoiler Tags if you want to discuss this further before the episode premieres.
"Norman Osborn, aka the Dark Goblin, lets the Venom Symbiote escape and brings a team to fight Spider-Man."
"Dark Goblin?" I guess we're getting Venom Goblin. Which finally brings Venom back to relevance and hopefully makes up for the Goblin King :evil:.

I'm curious who is in this "team." Technically Osborn put together the original Sinister Six, so he's retaking his Oz Commandos concept :).

Roxas_Sora

Well, I already mentioned this in the previous post. I'm quite sure Osborn won't get enough with just a "Sinister 6". Pretty sure he will use a bigger team, and there are a LOT of candidates.

Pattern_Maker

This generations of Marvel's series have a SERIOUS problem with continuity. As far as I see, if Carnage appears in the last special as I suspect, it would be the version from the short explaining the origins of Venom in "Marvel's Spider-Man".

Not that I don't agree with a lot of these 2012-present Marvel cartoons having continuity errors, but in the comics, there were technically two Carnage symbiotes. Technically three with last year's Absolute Carnage storyline. The original Carnage left traces of itself in Kasady's bloodstream which made any other symbiote that bonded to him behave and develop Carnage's personality.

On the topic of the recent news:
I'm surprised we're not getting Red Goblin, but it'll be interesting to see how Dark Goblin's fight with Spider-Man goes down. I wonder if they'll bring back the Synthetic-Symbiote to parallel Red Goblin vs Symbiote Spider-Man from Going Down Swinging.

Frontier

Staff member
Heavy Spoiler

Idk how to put a spoiler tag sorry for spoiling
So we've got Swarm and...Smythe and the Spider Slayer there :ack:?

The Jackal! Finally :D.

I see Conners and...some female scientist? And Anya and Miles chained up :eek:.

Venom Goblin looks like Ultimate Goblin with a more traditional Goblin face. I dunno how I feel about it. Kind of just want a traditional Green Goblin at this point. Ah well, at least it's Norman this time :confused:.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pattern_Maker

So we've got Swarm and...Smythe and the Spider Slayer there :ack:?

The Jackal! Finally :D.

I see Conners and...some female scientist? And Anya and Miles chained up :eek:.

Venom Goblin looks like Ultimate Goblin with a more traditional Goblin face. I dunno how I feel about it. Kind of just want a traditional Green Goblin at this point. Ah well, at least it's Norman this time :confused:.

That's actually Red Goblin's face, but with the colors of Green Goblin. It looks like Dark Goblin continues to change while fighting Web-Warriors since in a later part of the commercial he grew horns.

Frontier

Staff member
That's actually Red Goblin's face, but with the colors of Green Goblin. It looks like Dark Goblin continues to change while fighting Web-Warriors since in a later part of the commercial he grew horns.
Yeah, it looks like he has Rhino's horn. I wonder if they've injected him with some of Jackal's mutation serum's :confused:.

Kevin's

I seems like the women with curt Conors is his wife who probably must have been kidnapped by Norman Osborn to make Conors work

Frontier

Staff member
I seems like the women with curt Conors is his wife who probably must have been kidnapped by Norman Osborn to make Conors work
It could be Martha, but it would feel kind of out of place with how villainous he's been acting. He doesn't seem conflicted about all this :confused:.

Kevin's

It could be Martha, but it would feel kind of out of place with how villainous he's been acting. He doesn't seem conflicted about all this :confused:.
I don't know what exactly is going on with curt but as a human he is supposed to be a neutral person may be he is venomised and that's why he is so harsh and knows parkers secret and maybe venom was the one laughing in the end of vengeance of venom because we dint exactly get to see his face but all I hope is making Conors as a good person and I do not prefer death of Conors .

Roxas_Sora

Not that I don't agree with a lot of these 2012-present Marvel cartoons having continuity errors, but in the comics, there were technically two Carnage symbiotes. Technically three with last year's Absolute Carnage storyline. The original Carnage left traces of itself in Kasady's bloodstream which made any other symbiote that bonded to him behave and develop Carnage's personality.

I'm surprised we're not getting Red Goblin, but it'll be interesting to see how Dark Goblin's fight with Spider-Man goes down. I wonder if they'll bring back the Synthetic-Symbiote to parallel Red Goblin vs Symbiote Spider-Man from Going Down Swinging.

Yeah, I know that detail. But either way, in the comics, Carnage's symbiote is merged with Cletus Cassidy's blood, so any "duplicate" of Carnage is actually a natural extention of Carnage itself. It's like Carnage can actually multiply himself to be in several places at the same time, similar to Multiple Man from the X-Men.

I'm actually disappointed by the fact we get the "Dark Goblin" instead of the "Red Goblin". But then again, I think we should have known. I mean, the Red Goblin would have implied Carnage, and Carnage is definitely one of Marvel's comics more bloodthirsty, violent, destructive and sadist villains. Outside of the comics, he suffers a lot of censorship to appear on things like a tv show; especially if it is one for kids. Just look at his previous incarnations:
- In the 90's series, he was quite close to his comic's incarnation, but although he used axes and other stuff, he never saw him actually killing someone. Instead, he could drain "life force" out of living individuals.
- In "Spider-Man Unlimited", he wasn't really like the Carnage from the comics.
- In "Spectacular Spider-Man", Cletus made a cameon in Season 2, and Carnage would have debuted on Season 3, but the show was cancelled. (Nice save, honestly).
- In "Ultimate Spider-Man", we had two version of it. One was like a rabid version of Venom that the Green Goblin attached to Peter Parker, but it wasn't as dangerous as the one in the comics. The second version, however, was identical to his comic counterpart during his first form. Even without Cletus Cassidy, he acted like him, laughing maniacly with pleasure for destruction. Since it didn't have a host then, it made several creepy things like super-creepy contortionist moves. It didn't last long, however, as Spider-Man and Agent Venom blow it up to pieces.

I'm quite sure Carnge will still appear in the last special of the series, as the short about Venom's origins mentioned "a fiery beast of ultimate destruction"; but it will need a lot of censorship to be allowed in a kid's TV show.

Yeah, it looks like he has Rhino's horn. I wonder if they've injected him with some of Jackal's mutation serum's :confused:.

Not only that, it seems he also have eyes through most of his body. Super-Dooper-Creepy at all levels!

Actually, I believe the woman in the Spider-Slayer? armor could be Marla Jameson. You know, wife of J Jonah Jameson in the comics who worked on Spider-Slayers for a time, until she saw that Jameson was wrong about Spider-Man and stopped doing it. I don't know why Connors is like this here, but we have to keep in mind that in every incanation of Spider-Man, not all the characters follow the "classic model". I mean, in the 90s, Felicia Hardy was a rich girl who wanted to be a real hero, not a thief. In "Spectacular Spider-Man", Gwen Stacy looked like Debra Witma at first. In "Ultimate Spider-Man", well, that had a lot of changes, like Harry Osborn becoming Venom or Connors actually having both arms at the beginning of the series. And in "Marvel's Spider-Man", Liz Allan is Screwball. The best scenario I can guess?, maybe Connors is under mind control or something by Osborn. Possibly by his robotic arm; you know, like the Winter Soldier. Or since the Jackal is back, MAYBE he's actually a clone of Connors. We already saw the Jackal can make clones of himself and others.

Now, about my personal observations of the trailer:

- I'm not sure about the image we saw, but if the Jackal is actually back, we may get some "clone stuff" before the series ends.
- Swarm is back and... That woman in the armor is supposed to be another Spider Slayer? It seriously irritates me this one stole Spider-Man's colours. The only woman I know that it could be involved with Spider-Slayers is Marla Jameson.
- Even with what we saw, I don't really think Gwen will be Venomized again. Pretty sure Venom will have his "ultimate plan" in the next/final special, and it will involve another Symbiote's Invasion. Besides, I believe that if Venom is going to use another host to hurt Spider-Man, I believe there's only one candidate for that: Mary Jane Watson. I mean, come on! They introduced Mary Jane when the series is about to end? They have to give her any important role before it, right?!
- The face of Norman when he's being covered by Venom.... Now we are seeing the classic Norman Osborn, who clearly a nutso! I can't wait to see him being beaten.
- It seems this special will have one of the saddest parts of Spider-Man's world: the classic father/son grudge between Harry and Norman. This won't have a happy ending for sure.

Kevin's

I believe that if Venom is going to use another host to hurt Spider-Man, I believe there's only one candidate for that: Mary Jane Watson. I mean, come on! They introduced Mary Jane when the series is about to end?
Totaly agree with and if it's not gonna go that way there is a definate season 4

Roxas_Sora

Totaly agree with and if it's not gonna go that way there is a definate season 4

Definitely! Otherwise, they would be just repeating the same error from "Ultimate Spider-Man". Mary Jane became Spider-Woman in the last episodes of the last season, leaving her not many chances to "shine". Man, I would have payed a LOT of money for a fifth Season of Ultimate Spider-Man just to see more of Mary Jane as Spider-Woman and see how she evolves.

Actually, there's another way. It can be Dark Goblin vs Spider-Man/Anti-Venom.

Last edited:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Preview images from "Generations" are up on the Disney Press site. A small spoiler in the 5th image.

The log-line for the season finale has also been posted. I think it's vague enough not to require a spoiler warning, same goes for the guest voices since the characters were announced a while back.

Sunday, Oct. 25

Original Series – Season Three Finale on Disney XD
Marvel’s Spider-Man: Maximum Venom “Maximum Venom”
(9:00-10:00 P.M. EDT)

When Spider-Man and his allies attempt to track down the missing and dangerous Lizard, they discover that Venom has returned to seek revenge on the earth.

*”Zombies 2″ stars Meg Donnelly, Kylee Russell and Carla Jeffery guest star as Scream, Scorn and Mania, respectively.
TV-Y7 FV

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
Lot of Peter, Gwen, and Harry...no MJ it seems :(.
Maria Corazon? Is she related to Anya :confused:?

Anya's mom in the comics was named Sofia...
The log-line for the season finale has also been posted. I think it's vague enough not to require a spoiler warning, same goes for the guest voices since the characters were announced a while back.

Sunday, Oct. 25

Original Series – Season Three Finale on Disney XD
Marvel’s Spider-Man: Maximum Venom “Maximum Venom”
(9:00-10:00 P.M. EDT)

When Spider-Man and his allies attempt to track down the missing and dangerous Lizard, they discover that Venom has returned to seek revenge on the earth.

*”Zombies 2″ stars Meg Donnelly, Kylee Russell and Carla Jeffery guest star as Scream, Scorn and Mania, respectively.
TV-Y7 FV
I knew they couldn't resist turning Connors into The Lizard again :p.

I see they're taking the "use the season subtitle as the season finale title" route...and Venom finally comes back as the main villain after being basically incognito since the first special. Better late then never :rolleyes2:.

Kevin's

told you she was curts wife the face and her coat are similar as the one in spectacular spider-man
Coming to the real point about more lizard in final episode which clearly means curt wasn't doing it because he wanted to because no way he would be willing to tuen back as lizard

Frontier

Staff member
told you she was curts wife the face and her coat are similar as the one in spectacular spider-man
Coming to the real point about more lizard in final episode which clearly means curt wasn't doing it because he wanted to because no way he would be willing to tuen back as lizard
She doesn't have his last name, isn't named Martha, and seems related to Anya. I see no reason to think this is Curt's wife.

It could be an accident in the lab transforms him into The Lizard.[/SPOLER]

Pattern_Maker

So after two seasons we finally see one of Anya's parents. I was wondering if we would at all since both of her parents are dead in the comics, though her father died after she officially became Spider-Girl.

Maria Corazon...in the comics Anya's mother was named Sofia.

So it looks like Miles and Peter are the only ones who have family members who are not mad scientist supervillains.

Another lesson from this series: be better than your parents/family members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.
Happy 4th of July!
Oh, it's my birthday!
The New Woody Woodpecker Show was just removed from Peacock... Can this show just take a break from being screwed over?

Featured Posts