"Marvel's Spider-Man: Homecoming" News & Discussion Thread Part 2 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg91

Reporter
I love that! That looked exactly like the footage Agent M described! I also liked the first person view at the beginning and Peter's excited face at the end. It's great to see Happy once again. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 trailer, now Spider-Man: Homecoming trailer soon after? This is so exciting. Thank-you for the Christmas gift, Marvel. :D

Frontier

Staff member
Looks like Happy is going to have a bigger role in this movie then I was expecting, which is cool :).

Peter's troubles are over. Tony Stark can just hand him everything he needs :p.

Underarm webbing :D.

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
Yeah it can be rather obnoxious sometimes but it's a way of getting more hype and attention being paid to a particular product or ad. And if that ad does well there is a better chance of attracting a wider audience to see it and it doing better business and blah blah blah.

Anyway you can really tell the distinct tones of these latest Marvel movies by their music alone. Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2 teaser used Sweet's "Fox On The Run" for it's music and this seems to be using Demi Lovato's "Confidant." Honestly I like both songs but... there is like a major gap between the two of them and I'd be hard pressed to think of any other universe where both songs could exist as actual sort of character themes outside of something like the MCU.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Hmm, so it was a flashback to before the battle in Germany in Civil War? He appeared to have his original suit on when he met with Happy.

Frontier

Staff member
The new suit will apparently have a lot of "bells and whistles," courtesy of Tony Stark.

Tom Holland and Jon Watts talk The Vulture.

“The first time we see the Vulture is terrifying,” Holland teases. “It’s like a horror movie: really scary, very intense and shocking.”

The Spidey foe is different than other Marvel baddies such as Thanos and Ultron, Watts says. “It’s fun to think that if Spider-Man is a regular kid who becomes a superhero, there’s got to be a bunch of regular guys who become supervillains, too

the greenman

I have a feeling SONY will be very standoffish of the MCU similar to the Netflix series. They will certainly feature characters from the universe, but not too much. I hope for more characterization of Spidey's rogue gallery and supporting cast. If they get the right director to balance a big cast, then we'll see something special.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
The New first trailer for Homecoming is up.

Not as good as the Guardians teaser trailer though this one actually does give us what the plot is going to be and yeah don't listen to the greeman: the advertising makes it pretty clear this really takes place in the MCU as one of the big plots is Spidey wanting to be seen as a member of the Avengers and rising out of Tony's Shadow who yeah is going Iron Man at least once in this movie. So this clearly is put within the Avengers verse and heck this is the story I wanted them to do with it anyway. Since we heard that Spidey was going to be in the MCU I wanted Iron Man to be in his movie to show how differently the two operate and honestly the idea of Spidey getting out of Iron Man's shadow would be a good arc we haven't seen before as yeah unlike in other movies where Spider man is the people's sole hero here it's him having to prove himself in a world of heroes which is a different struggle so good that's getting a focus. No real stand out jokes outside of the crimanals dressing as Avengers and the line Tony has about the gray zone. I have a feeling kind of lame bits like Peter's identity being discovered by his friend will be funnier with more context in the movie. Though hey the Vulture has a pretty looming presence about him. I do hope with Keaton on board he becomes on the stand out MCU villains we've had so yeah exited for this one.

Rick Jones

Big Fan
Staff member
I really liked seeing Tom as Peter/Spidey. It feels as though they threw some Miles Morales elements in there watching how he interacts with his friend (is his name Ganke or Ned?).

Is there a longer version of this teaser coming today?

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

Frontier

Staff member
Yay! Spider-Man actually quipping :D.

If Zendaya is playing Mary Jane, they're really hiding it well. Though it looks like Liz is going to be the "main girl" here, or at least for this movie :rolleyes2:.

Tony Stark is the worst mentor ever :proud:.

I would think Peter's age would also preclude him from Avengers membership, though I also hope we see Peter strike out more on his own from both The Avengers and Tony as he grows into becoming Spider-Man. Spidey works best as a solo act after all ;).

I'm surprised we didn't really see anything with Flash, and only a little with Aunt May.

Yeah, Jacob Batalon is basically playing Ganke from Miles Morales' supporting cast with Ned Leeds' name attached to him, which is kind of weird :sweat:.

I now understand why they gave Vulture a mask. Not only does it allow someone to stand-in for Keaton in the costume, but it makes Vulture look 10x scarier :eek:.

Holy crud, Adrian Toomes has hair :p.

So Tinkerer devises some kind of ray gun? Is that Donald Glover right next to him as he's testing it?

Is Toomes talking with Peter there? Does he figure out his identity? The International trailer makes it look like Shocker and Vulture fight Spidey near some school buses, and Peter gets unmasked :ack:...

I wonder why the kids are putting on those jumpsuits while Liz is calling Peter :confused:?

I'm guessing that, with the Accords set up the way they are, Spider-Man is the only one who can take on Supervillains like the Shocker and Vulture because The Avengers aren't allowed to intervene :mad:.

It wouldn't be a Spider-Man movie without an impressive Spider-Man feat, and here we have Spidey holding together an entire ship with his webbing :cool:.

I did not need to see Spider-Man and Iron Man together at the end of a trailer for a Spider-Man movie :shrug:.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Field trip to D.C. appears confirmed.

Zendaya's Michelle is that loner uber genius type it seems, lol.

Figures some will find out Peter's secret identity. :/

That's not a hug. lmao.

Surprised we got to see some of the Vulture in the first trailer. Looks rad.

Going to rewatch a few more times. :D

Frontier

Staff member
Field trip to D.C. appears confirmed.
Is that why they need to go through so much security during that scene with Liz on her phone o_O?

Zendaya's Michelle is that loner uber genius type it seems, lol.
Once again, Deb Whitman :p.

Figures some will find out Peter's secret identity. :/
I wonder if he'll end up unmasked during the final fight :rolleyes2:.

That's not a hug. lmao.
Tony's not good with emotional moments :sweat:

Surprised we got to see some of the Vulture in the first trailer. Looks rad.
Agreed :cool:.

Going to rewatch a few more times. :D
Double agreed :D.

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
My favorite scene is definitely the bank scene.It just felt so Spider-Man. "The Hulk gave it away." Heh.

The final shot was also great. Felt like a comic panel (and I also wasn't expecting Tony to suit up).

Anyway, the atmosphere just seems to fit the title character so far. Like, it's more down-to-earth than, say, GotG or Doctor Strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Almost forgot to listen to this before the day was up.
Viper wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
Happy 4th of July, Light Lucario. I really hope you get to enjoy the fireworks tonight. Have a wonderful evening.
BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.

Featured Posts