"Marvel's Spider-Man: Homecoming" News & Discussion Thread Part 2 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frontier

Staff member
So...he has a contract for three solo Marvel films outside of the two other Spider-Man films he's also contracted for? I wonder if an Avenger movie counts as a solo in that context o_O?

I'm also not quite sure what other Marvel solo Spider-Man would make sense to appear in, especially when it's in all likelihood just to be a small cameo. Maybe Peter somehow ends up in Wakdanda or bumps into Scott Lang? The latter would be kind of funny given what happened in Civil War :p.

And that talk about the fight scenes where Spidey doesn't punch anyone...what is this, the 90's Spider-Man cartoon :sweat:?

Also kind of interesting that, with Zendaya downplaying the idea of her character being a love interest, they seem to be pairing Holland and Zendaya quite a bit...

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
I hope the no-punching thing isn't literal, because that sounds pretty extreme, but I do like the idea of Peter using his brains and agility to outsmart and outmaneuver villains instead of just brawling. IMO, Spider-Man's webbing have never been used to their full potential in the films; this can change that.

Frontier

Staff member
I guess they also kinda can't have Spider-Man punch normal people given how they've showcased his strength level in Civil War :sweat:.

He could punch a hole into somebody if he's not careful :ack:.

the greenman

I guess they also kinda can't have Spider-Man punch normal people given how they've showcased his strength level in Civil War :sweat:.

He could punch a hole into somebody if he's not careful :ack:.
Correct. I'm thinking that is why MARVEL needs talks with SONY over logistics like that. If he is in Avengers IW doing stuff from the comics where he is depicted extremely powerful, you can't just downplay that in the next film. I feel this is probably one reason we have yet to see the criminal underworld to the degree they are in the comics and cartoons.

Sent from my LGMS323 using Tapatalk

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
So...he has a contract for three solo Marvel films outside of the two other Spider-Man films he's also contracted for? I wonder if an Avenger movie counts as a solo in that context o_O?
THR, the originating article, phrases it a little better. "says he's on board for three Spider-Man solo movies and three appearances as the web slinger in other Marvel Cinematic films." So one movie for each have been fulfilled so far with Homecoming and Civil War.

Also kind of interesting that, with Zendaya downplaying the idea of her character being a love interest, they seem to be pairing Holland and Zendaya quite a bit...
I think it's okay she's not a love interest. The superiority complex is intriguing.

Frontier

Staff member
THR, the originating article, phrases it a little better. "says he's on board for three Spider-Man solo movies and three appearances as the web slinger in other Marvel Cinematic films." So one movie for each have been fulfilled so far with Homecoming and Civil War.
That definitely sounds better :).

I imagine one of the Infinity War movies will take up the second "Other MCU Film" slot ;).
I think it's okay she's not a love interest. The superiority complex is intriguing.
I'm only interested about the distinction depending on who she might really be playing :rolleyes2:.

Frontier

Staff member
When we found out Harrier was Liz, I figured Pet would probably be crushing on her for most of the movie, but I don't expect it to last past Homecoming.

I certainly imagine it'll be one aspect of his enmity with Flash in the movie...

the greenman

As the article states that lines up with the teen angst and drama from the comics. So this definitely works for me. They really need to lay off of Mary Jane for awhile. Buildup anticipation of her.

Sent from my LGMS323 using Tapatalk

Greg91

Reporter
Wow! I wasn't sure we'd get it this year, especially since the full Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 trailer hasn't come out yet, just the sneak peek. I hope we get a look at Peter's life at home, school, and a few action scenes. I don't expect a lot of the characters or all the villains to be shown off. Anyway, I'm sure this will be popular when people see Rogue One. Thanks for the heads-up @Yojimbo. :)

Frontier

Staff member
Some Disney synergy at work I see :rolleyes2:.

I imagine we'll probably get all the scenes that were in the sneak peak shown at Comic-Con, though we might get some more scenes with Vulture and Shocker, maybe even Tony :cool:.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Batalon talked a little more about Ned
Ned is really an innocent, genuine, sweet kid. And so, I haven't been those things since like... I sort of just drew from my childhood when I was younger and didn't know any better. Because, you know, he's really naive in a sense. He just loves Star Wars and he's super-smart. And he just loves to play around, so I just went back to when I was a kid playing Power Rangers and Yu-Gi-Oh! and Pokémon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Almost forgot to listen to this before the day was up.
Viper wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
Happy 4th of July, Light Lucario. I really hope you get to enjoy the fireworks tonight. Have a wonderful evening.
BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.

Featured Posts