"MeTV Toons" Network Launching on June 25th

Mandouga

So I just saw an explanation for the random classic short after The Smurfs: it’s a “Harvey Toon Take”, which is essentially just a clip of a classic Harveytoon short lasting a couple of minutes or so. It was literally just filler in between shows.

I’m not entirely sure what to think about this. I…guess it makes sense. Clearly MeTV Toons wants to keep the animation going whenever they can. OTOH, they plan on showing The New Scooby-Doo Movies. OTOOH, their schedule doesn’t mention anything about any kind of filler after this show. In any event, this is starting to get kind of interesting…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mejo

Jukebox Bird
Over on Facebook in the MeTV Toons Fan Group, one of my good mutuals, MihaiChetreanu17 (you know him on here as Daffyrocks) shared this error during one of the Cartoon College segments:
IMG_0807.jpeg

(For those not in the know with Looney Tunes like I am, the cartoon that’s playing instead of Baby Bottleneck during this segment is The Wise Quacking Duck)

Also as I correctly predicted earlier, according to him, Underdog was the Golden Books version with the PAL audiotrack (EDIT: After checking the broadcast for myself, the show opens with the standard Underdog Show opening before cutting to the song opening seen before the second Underdog segment instead of the Golden Books intro. The rest of the program (including the wraparounds and the closing) is taken from the Golden Books version though)

Oh and all of the classic shorts show so far are uncropped, unlike how they were shown on Saturday Morning Cartoons.

IMG_0808.jpeg

Last edited:

Moe

KPRC 2.5 in Housrmton still isn't MeTV Toons
Oh wow, I don't know why and you may try contact Weigel about Graham Media Group fail to deliver MeTV Toons as promised.

You could go to KPRC station on Missouri City's antenna farm and delete Get, so boom, you get MeTV Toons available instantly, lol, just joking.

powergate92

Power Rangers and Stargate fan
Apparently Weigel has decided to switch what Channel MeTV Toons is on in Phoenix at the last minute and putting on 40.1 instead of 40.2. Or at least that's what it now shows on their website and RabbitEars. I'll have to check on the TV later after work.

Golden Geek

Radio Demon
Staff member
Reporter
When I tried scanning this morning hoping to get one of the Phoenix MeTV affiliates, I didn’t have any luck. Eventually after five scans, channel 6 and its sub channels were Tucson PBS and channel 40 was Tucson Telemundo. It seems I get a better signal from Tucson than Phoenix on certain numbers. Just now I tried another scan hoping to pick up another Arizona affiliate of MeTV Toons, but 23 doesn’t come in, nor do 4 or 28. Antenna can a tricky way to get channels if you aren’t in the perfect location.

I was thinking about going the antenna route, but in order to pull a weak signal from Lawrence, I'd need a higher-end (probably $100ish) antenna just to roll the dice and troubleshoot until I got something. I ultimately decided to go with Frndly for the time being, and was surprised to find they also had my local independent station that I haven't seen since my family got rid of cable.

powergate92

Power Rangers and Stargate fan
When I tried scanning this morning hoping to get one of the Phoenix MeTV affiliates, I didn’t have any luck. Eventually after five scans, channel 6 and its sub channels were Tucson PBS and channel 40 was Tucson Telemundo. It seems I get a better signal from Tucson than Phoenix on certain numbers. Just now I tried another scan hoping to pick up another Arizona affiliate of MeTV Toons, but 23 doesn’t come in, nor do 4 or 28. Antenna can a tricky way to get channels if you aren’t in the perfect location.
I'm guessing you are somewhere between Phoenix and Tucson. So it's unlikely you would be able to receive KMOH 6.5 which broadcast from Kingman up near the Nevada border, or KEJR-LD 40.1 which broadcast from South Mountain in Phoenix, but is Low-Power. Your best bet the Tucson affiliate KVOA 4.4. You could also be in a dead zone area where Phoenix and Tucson TV stations that broadcast on the same frequency cancel each other out. I would suggest using this RabbitEars to see if the signal even makes it to your area and what type of antenna you need. https://www.rabbitears.info/searchmap.php

Moe

I was thinking about going the antenna route, but in order to pull a weak signal from Lawrence, I'd need a higher-end (probably $100ish) antenna just to roll the dice and troubleshoot until I got something. I ultimately decided to go with Frndly for the time being, and was surprised to find they also had my local independent station that I haven't seen since my family got rid of cable.
That one from Lawrence is low power transmitter that has limit range that don't cover all of KC and if you went with antenna route, you would be frustrated with bad days that where MeTV Toons went out or poor picture for hours or days, sometime weeks and months. Frndly make easier for you to access and you're not alone, I'm watching MeTV Toons on Frndly as well. Big plus is record the shows and HD picture.

KUAT-TV (Channel 6) and KVOA (Channel 4) are from same antenna farm location and it could be some interference that lead to less coverage, or more worse, no coverage like above said about dead zone.

Just try with large indoor antenna or large outdoor antenna, and try LTE filter and strong amplifier device.

Mandouga

A Baby Huey short was shown a while ago, but apparently it’s a version that was taken from “The Harveytoon Show”.

For animated shorts, I’m wondering if MeTV Toons was trying to get whatever versions of shorts they can, even if they aren't exactly the original versions. I’ll still watch, but I'm just pointing this out…

Mandouga

MeTV Toons has some explaining to do. They’re showing the first episode of The Flintstones (“The Flintstone Flyer”), but they showed the Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm era opening when they should have shown the original “Rise and Shine” opening, which has been available for a very long time now.

How do you mess up this badly, and on your first day?…

Jeff Harris

Creator/Webmaster, TXB
MeTV Toons has some explaining to do. They’re showing the first episode of The Flintstones (“The Flintstone Flyer”), but they showed the Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm era opening when they should have shown the original “Rise and Shine” opening, which has been available for a very long time now.

How do you mess up this badly, and on your first day?
It's not that the network "messed up."

It's the same broadcast copy that also airs on MeTV and what Warner Bros gave them. Also, the "Rise and Shine" opening is a bit too long for modern broadcast TV, which is why Boomerang sped it up in recent years and why it was initially removed from syndicated prints of The Flintstones for nearly 40 years.

No controversy or network interference here.

ToonRo

How do you mess up this badly, and on your first day?…
I know when MeTV first acquired The Flintstones, the first two seasons had the "Rise and Shine" opening, but when they re-aired those seasons, they switched to the "Meet the Flintstones" opening, and they'd continue to use that opening since then, even when they acquired HD prints of the show.

My best guess is that they switched to the "Meet the Flintstones" opening, because it'd involve less cuts and/or speedups of some scenes due to commercial/ad time.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Almost forgot to listen to this before the day was up.
Viper wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
Happy 4th of July, Light Lucario. I really hope you get to enjoy the fireworks tonight. Have a wonderful evening.
BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.

Featured Posts