Rugrats - Series Talkback

Silverstar

Strong to th' Finnich
Why did they cancel Rugrats in 1994 if it was their most popular show? It was only 3 years at that point... (and I wasn't even a year old!)

I think the show had reached the then-established episode number limit ("Moving Away" was originally intended to be the series finale), but fans' outcry was so great that Nick would've been insane not to keep the show going.

Bryan

News/Schedules
Staff member
Reporter
That's not fair though, Rugrats should have infinite episodes!
LOL! :)

Programming note: Although it's not considered a classic, Rugrat's second Christmas special "Babies in Toyland" will be airing Thursday, December 25 at 10am on Nickelodeon. The original special will not air on Nick this year.

Baby Naruto

LOL! :)

Programming note: Although it's not considered a classic, Rugrat's second Christmas special "Babies in Toyland" will be airing Thursday, December 25 at 10am on Nickelodeon. The original special will not air on Nick this year.

Ok, maybe not infinite, but at the very least 100-200 episodes lol.

That's cool, I might watch it if I don't have any anime to watch.

zoombie

They had a couple of spin offs. They weren't popular if I recall? Were they?

I thought All Grown Up was intionally a hit show before the bottom fell out. There aren't that many spin off cartoons that are successes. (not good news for the Cleveland Show LOL). A show like Ben 10: Alien Force are one of the few exceptions.

Baby Naruto

They had a couple of spin offs. They weren't popular if I recall? Were they?

I thought All Grown Up was intionally a hit show before the bottom fell out. There aren't that many spin off cartoons that are successes. (not good news for the Cleveland Show LOL). A show like Ben 10: Alien Force are one of the few exceptions.

I actually loved All Grown Up :D, unfortunately, school got in my way of watching it to the very end :(.

Bryan

News/Schedules
Staff member
Reporter
I posted an episode list at the top of this page. Rugrats has 169 production numbered episodes, plus a few specials not included in the production order.

All Grown Up finished with 55 episodes. Pre-School Daze only has 4.

Flame Alchemist

Benjo wa doko desu ka
Does anyone notice how much Phil, Lil and Chuckie are at Tommy's house? I know they live right on the same street, but... wow.

I watched the pilot episode yesterday and are the two bored people at the table supposed to be Phil and Lil's parents? If so, they look a lot different.

PC!

lolwut?
NO show should have infinite episodes. I know that sounds great in theory, but really, that's a terrible idea. You wouldn't want your favorite show to outstay its' welcome.

Rugrats outstayed (stood?) its welcome back when that little twerp Dil came into the picture.

Bryan

News/Schedules
Staff member
Reporter
I never hated Dill, nor the post-Dill episodes. Now when it came to Kimi, that's when I stopped watching the original series.

PC!

lolwut?
I didn't mind Kimi. She didn't particularly add a lot to the series, but at least she didn't take away from the fun by constantly being a burden on the other characters.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

It's such a shame that the anime with the long-pink-haired girls like Hinagiku Katsura and Bocchi are never officially dubbed into English. What do you think?
Vuxovich wrote on Yojimbo's profile.
Do you know why Bocchi the Rock! wasn't dubbed into English? Is this because of the strong Japanese setting or something else?
Notable fact about one of the new characters introduced in the second season of Star Trek: Prodigy is that she's named after franchise creator Gene Roddenberry's wife Majel Barrett.
I'm burned out from binge watching new stuff, hence I'm planning to watch three episodes per day for the final two seasons of The Dragon Prince starting with the upcoming sixth season Book Six: Stars later this month because Netflix really should've went the weekly episode format.
I did plan to post my thoughts on Tales of the Empire on the Tales of the Jedi talkback thread two months ago, but I decided to post it here, so I saw it and found Barriss' storyline to be the best of the two, hence given the ending, I hope she appears in Ahsoka season 2.

Featured Posts