Rugrats - Series Talkback

Baby Naruto

An episode of the Rugrats where the whole gang goes to a cabin and Drew Pickles tries to hire a santa to deliver presents and Angelica thinks she's on the bad list and stuff. Its a very cute little special and I LOVE it.

Ohh, that episode, I know what you're talking about now, I saw that a couple of years ago.

fop_jediliz

It won't be airing. They'll air Babies in Toyland, but they won't air THE SANTA EXPERIENCE.

I don't even see the Hanukkah special listed, and the Jewish holy day began last night at sundown. Nickelodeon needs to air that again.

zoombie

It won't be airing. They'll air Babies in Toyland, but they won't air THE SANTA EXPERIENCE.

I don't even see the Hanukkah special listed, and the Jewish holy day began last night at sundown. Nickelodeon needs to air that again.

THE SANTA EXPERIENCE is avialable on Nick On Demand this month, for those that have that.

Flame Alchemist

Benjo wa doko desu ka
Its on my TWC's Kids on Demand channel, but I can't play the program cause I am getting an error. :(

I love watching this episode cause its so cute.
I have TimeWarner also, and it works for me. The only errors I got are the "please wait 5 minute" ones. They usually work themselves out and there's really nothing you can do - except wait.

Maybe it's on TurboNick? I'm going to check..

Flame Alchemist

Benjo wa doko desu ka
OK, TurboNick doesn't have "The Santa Experience", but they do have:

"A Rugrats Passover" - http://www.nick.com/turbonick/?extvideoid=36333
"Babies in Toyland" - http://www.nick.com/turbonick/?extvideoid=36337

Not only that, but I have two stories to tell:

Baby Naruto, I asked the same question recently "what's "The Santa Experience"? Someone told and then I remembered completely. Can you believe I tried calling the 555-YULE number from the show? Angelica dials it wrong too, she dials 555-5555 instead of 555-9853. (Don't worry these are all fake numbers.)

Second, I remember in first grade my teacher gave the whole class those pieces of bread that are completely flat because of Passover.

Flame Alchemist

Benjo wa doko desu ka
Here's a topic I'd like to bring up: Didi's (and to a lesser extend Chas') obsession with Dr. Lipschitz (LOL!). Didi carries around a "pocket Lipschitz guide" device and when reading from it, talked in his weird accent. She also has him on speed dial and it's either her or Chas who owns a satellite communicator to get advice from Lipschitz (Chas also suggested visiting Lipschitz's website.)

This is just something I noticed during my re-watching of episodes (I just two DVDs today and I'm watching them with my sister!)

Also, I think I'm a bit obsessed with Rugrats! :D

Racattack!Force

私は、ああ、くそっバットマンなんだよ !
Here's something I discovered today: the daily Rugrats comic! It's syndicated, but interesting nonetheless. You can read the daily comic here: http://www.creators.com/comics/rugrats.html. You can also get the daily comic delivered to your email address by signing up at the site and going here: http://www.creators.com/subscription/comics/rugrats.html.

I've also edited this into the OP, so new visitors can find the link.
I've subscribed to that since early last year. :sweat:

Bryan

News/Schedules
Staff member
Reporter
Here's a topic I'd like to bring up: Didi's (and to a lesser extend Chas') obsession with Dr. Lipschitz (LOL!). Didi carries around a "pocket Lipschitz guide" device and when reading from it, talked in his weird accent. She also has him on speed dial and it's either her or Chas who owns a satellite communicator to get advice from Lipschitz (Chas also suggested visiting Lipschitz's website.)

This is just something I noticed during my re-watching of episodes (I just two DVDs today and I'm watching them with my sister!)

Also, I think I'm a bit obsessed with Rugrats! :D

You're not the only one! I just wish I had more recordings of Rugrats than I do. I guess years ago I never figured Rugrats would be hard to come by.

Which DVDs did you get?

Flame Alchemist

Benjo wa doko desu ka
Which DVDs did you get?
Decade in Diapers and Mysteries

Decade in Diapers has: "Angelica Orders Out", "The First Cut", "Reptar On Ice", "No Bones About It", "Be My Valentine", "Chuckie vs. The Potty", "Dr. Susie", "Vacation Special", "Finsterella" and "Bigger Than Life".

Mysteries has: "Murmur on the Orney Express", "The Fun Way Day", "Trading Phil", "Grandpa's Date", "Legend of Satchmo", "Grandpa's Teeth", "Visitors From Outer Space" and "Grandpa Moves Out".

I'm still watching Decades (which also includes clips from random episodes, 2 music videos, the pilot and a family photo album), and I think I'll save Mysteries for tomorrow. Hopefully these will last longer than the 2 VHS tapes I have! (Not they don't work anymore, they'll still in decent condition except that they are getting old and are without cases.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Bryan

News/Schedules
Staff member
Reporter
I have both DVDs too. Very good episodes on both. :)

Flame Alchemist

Benjo wa doko desu ka
I have both DVDs too. Very good episodes on both. :)
Indeed. Watching Decade in Diapers brought back some awesome memories.

I was watching "Angelica Orders Out" and my sister (who was watching too, like I said already) said, "she's going to get in trouble!" after Angelica orders all that junk food from Zippy's Home Delivery. I'm said "you should wait until the end!", knowing that all the neighbors and Angelica's parents would be gathering for Angelica's "surprise party".

I found the little scene when Lou tries to distract the adults by making Tommy "dance" funny too. :p

Bryan

News/Schedules
Staff member
Reporter
Just feeling the need to go watch an episode, I watched "Reptar On Ice". Funny how I can remember every line from the "on ice musical". LOL. :)

speedy fast

I like Rugrats, especially the 1991-1994 episodes. It's a shame that Nick doens't release season sets of more of it's nicktoons, outside of Amazon's burn-on-demand service. Is Nickelodeon just not as cofident as other companies are with releasing it's animation on DVD?

Some of my favorite episodes include At the Movies, Real or Robot, Special delivery, Pickles vs Pickles, Cuffed, Babies in Toyland, and Clan of the Duck. I also like The Rugrats Movie.

fop_jediliz

I got Santa Experience working. And thanks to my dad hooking my new HDD DVD Recorder up so I can record from cable box channels, I was able to make a copy for yearly viewing.

I have a question:

Okay, there's an episode where Didi's brother gets married. I am confused because Stu's brother Drew referred to Didi's brother as "you're my little brother's wife's HALF BROTHER"

Okay, how can Didi have a half brother if she refers to her parents as her "mom and dad". Was this just an error in the writing?

speedy fast

Okay, how can Didi have a half brother if she refers to her parents as her "mom and dad". Was this just an error in the writing?

Maybe Boris and Minka are both Didi's birth parents, while her half-brother was only the birth child of one. But her half-brother didn't make many additional appearances (He wasn't in the christmas, passover, or hanukka episodes, for example, an dhe wasn't in the family reunion one, though I think that was just for the Pickles side of the family).

Flame Alchemist

Benjo wa doko desu ka
Both of your parents don't have to be your biological parents to call them "mom and dad". That's like saying people who were adopted can't call their parents "mom and dad".

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

It's such a shame that the anime with the long-pink-haired girls like Hinagiku Katsura and Bocchi are never officially dubbed into English. What do you think?
Vuxovich wrote on Yojimbo's profile.
Do you know why Bocchi the Rock! wasn't dubbed into English? Is this because of the strong Japanese setting or something else?
Notable fact about one of the new characters introduced in the second season of Star Trek: Prodigy is that she's named after franchise creator Gene Roddenberry's wife Majel Barrett.
I'm burned out from binge watching new stuff, hence I'm planning to watch three episodes per day for the final two seasons of The Dragon Prince starting with the upcoming sixth season Book Six: Stars later this month because Netflix really should've went the weekly episode format.
I did plan to post my thoughts on Tales of the Empire on the Tales of the Jedi talkback thread two months ago, but I decided to post it here, so I saw it and found Barriss' storyline to be the best of the two, hence given the ending, I hope she appears in Ahsoka season 2.

Featured Posts