"Stargirl" Season Three Talkback (Spoilers)

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Stargirl "Frenemies: Chapter Eleven: The Haunting"

Of course Icicle is in league with the Ultra-Humanite. Him being a liar isn't my concern, although it makes my disgust with him easier.

But even if Jordan was telling the truth about wanting to make peace, he killed the Crocks. And regardless of what he says now, it wasn't self-defense. He should not just be forgiven for that. That is not a moment he should be given a Mulligan over. I don't agree with Sylvester's notion that he should go over there and take him out. That's not a heroic perspective. But they also sure as hell shouldn't team up with him for any reason after killing Crusher and Paula.

I was screaming at my TV at the cruelty of Courtney and her friends leaving Artemis to suffer in that empty house, and then Barbara is there saying she shouldn't be alone and to come back with her. All of the people in the episode talk up what a great example of goodness Courtney is. The fact that it's Barbara making the most important gesture of not just the episode, but arguably the season, which says Courtney has yet to live up to the innate goodness of her mother.

Thunderbolt can't kill people? Can he bring them back to life? Because I would be wishing for a resurrection of the Crocks first thing if he could.

2 episodes left. I hope the series ends well. ****.

Frontier

Staff member
Stargirl "Frenemies: Chapter Eleven: The Haunting"

Of course Icicle is in league with the Ultra-Humanite. Him being a liar isn't my concern, although it makes my disgust with him easier.

But even if Jordan was telling the truth about wanting to make peace, he killed the Crocks. And regardless of what he says now, it wasn't self-defense. He should not just be forgiven for that. That is not a moment he should be given a Mulligan over. I don't agree with Sylvester's notion that he should go over there and take him out. That's not a heroic perspective. But they also sure as hell shouldn't team up with him for any reason after killing Crusher and Paula.

I was screaming at my TV at the cruelty of Courtney and her friends leaving Artemis to suffer in that empty house, and then Barbara is there saying she shouldn't be alone and to come back with her. All of the people in the episode talk up what a great example of goodness Courtney is. The fact that it's Barbara making the most important gesture of not just the episode, but arguably the season, which says Courtney has yet to live up to the innate goodness of her mother.

Thunderbolt can't kill people? Can he bring them back to life? Because I would be wishing for a resurrection of the Crocks first thing if he could.

2 episodes left. I hope the series ends well. ****.
To be fair, they didn't see how the Crocks died and couldn't really dispute that it wasn't self-defense.

I think Courtney is very compassionate and caring but she can't be everywhere, especially when there's a lot going on. And Barbara knows when to be there for a kid in need.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
stargirl.jpg

November 30, 2022
"Frenemies - Chapter Twelve:
The Last Will and Testament of Sylvester Pemberton" - Episode 38
As the team devises a plan to deal with their latest threat, Sylvester takes matters into his own hands and leaves Courtney, Pat and the JSA fearing for what comes next.

December 7, 2022
"Frenemies - Chapter Thirteen:
The Reckoning" - Episode 39
Courtney and the JSA find themselves in the fight of their lives against their biggest threat yet.

Spotlight

Staff online

Members online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes
Xilam is one of my most favourite animation studios, I enjoy alot of their cartoons from Hubert and Takako, Oggy and the Cockroaches and Zig and Sharko. Xilam is a studio that has inspired many and has created endless classics that we enjoy.

What's your most fond memory of Xilam?
Given how Drew Barrymore's production company Flower Films has mainly made live action projects for older audiences, them producing the TV special Olive The Other Reindeer and the Netflix preschool show Princess Power are definitely quite unusual. It would certainly explain the humor of the latter.
According to TVInsider, MTV2 will premiere Sponge on the Run movie on Sat Jul 13 at 6pm
It's such a shame that the anime with the long-pink-haired girls like Hinagiku Katsura and Bocchi are never officially dubbed into English. What do you think?

Featured Posts