"Teen Titans Go!" Season Eight Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate & Discuss the season!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ****1/2

• ***1/2

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • **1/2

• *1/2

• 1/2

• Total voters

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
talkback.png
Teen Titans Go! "Five Bucks"
Episode Debut - March 23, 2024 at 9:30 a.m.

Starfire and her crew play Tooth Fairy for the Tooth Fairy.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
The great part about this episode is there's one more part left. Wow, and I think we're getting pretty close to the 400th episode.

Good thing Security Bot 5 fixed the teleporter between episodes, presumably. It came in real handy this episode.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Teen Titans Go! "Five Bucks"

Be over. Worst miniseries ever. Automatic zero.

As a thought experiment, I wrote down that previous three sentence review BEFORE I saw the episode. I was curious to see if I would need to change it afterwards.

I didn't.

We have fun. 0.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
talkback.png
Teen Titans Go! "Wild Card"
Episode Debut - March 30, 2024 at 9:30 a.m.

Starfire and her crew go on a dangerous mission to prevent Blackfire from acquiring a powerful Tamaranean relic.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

zoombie

So something I was meaning to ask, anyone think this little 5 part arc we had here, the basis of the plot would have been season 6 of the original show or whenever Starfire got her actual season.

AlwaysInTheZone

They couldn't think of a premise for a Folding Paper Man episode so we got a Robin episode

AKA the character that we saw the ship leave without and outlandishly didn't reveal himself in the previous 4 episodes

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Pretty cringe stuff regarding Robin in the kitchen falling in love with Starcake.

Well, at least everyone came in handy in the story. Tooth Fairy found the cavity in the wall that allowed them to escape the Indiana Jones death trap, Folding Paper Man turned into a submarine, Freaky Face made a good torpedo to knock out the monster, and 50% Chad blew the Thrum Horn.

Blackfire's defeat was meh. A simple headbutt from Robin knocked the crown off?

Of course she'd choose space jail over house arrest with Starfire. Mixed bag of a finale. But at least we're close to the 400th episode, that should be a good one. Should. edit: And if I remember right, there were also about 4 episodes in that eidr database that imply a similar solo arc for Raven in Azarath is coming up, too.

So something I was meaning to ask, anyone think this little 5 part arc we had here, the basis of the plot would have been season 6 of the original show or whenever Starfire got her actual season.
This episode certainly mirrored aspects of Bethrothed - Blackfire having taken over Tamaran, getting an item that enhanced her powers. I think she even wore a crown that resembled this episode's Fire Crown.

I do recall there was an idea for an episode the TT crew had that would have emphasized Starfire was an outsider even on Tamaran and it was no coincidence she formed a surrogate family of outsiders with the team.

Last edited:

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Teen Titans Go! "Wild Card"

Because Robin and Blackfire are present, it doesn't get an automatic zero. It needs to EARN it.

Did it? It was awful, so almost. But the ending didn't suck. And I always forgive a lot for a decent ending.

But really, everything else was terrible. Robin's thing with the Starcake was outright revolting, and I was like "Freak ATE Silkie? Does this episode WANT me to hate it?"

It was all around shoddy, in the worst miniseries the show has ever done. But the last two minutes didn't suck. That's not nothing. *1/2.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Just a reminder that Starfire's Galaxy, the combined version of the 5 most recent episodes ("Ship", "Catpin Freak", "50% Crew:, "Five Bucks" and "Wild Card"), possibly with some additional scenes, is scheduled to air today on Cartoon Network between 10:00-11:15 a.m.

talkback.png

Teen Titans Go! "Starfire's Galaxy"
Debut - May 25, 2024

Starfire is the captain of a spaceship heading back to her home planet of Tarmaran, and her crew is some of Earth's finest specimens.

Comments?

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
The only new thing I noticed in this sorta combined version was that it had a special title sequence with a new song. Pretty cool sequence though.

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
The News Teams' Christopher Glennon has a new review up on the front page of AnimeSuperhero.com:

"Review: Teen Titans Go! – Starfire’s Galaxy Special: Weird Aliens And One-Note Jokes"​

Teen-Titans-Go-Ship-Surprised-crew.jpg

"Teen Titans Go! has been churning out new episodes for over a decade. The show’s more vocal critics tend to say it’s a lazy program full of cheap humor that clogs Cartoon Network’s schedule, but I disagree. Because it’s been on for so long, Teen Titans Go! has taken some risks, switched things up every now and then, and produced a few gems.

In addition to having a theatrically released movie (and a couple movie-length crossovers with the DC Super Hero Girls and their ’03 counterparts), Teen Titans Go! has also done a handful of mini-series. Cartoon Network fell in love with the idea of a mini-series airing over the course of five days since Over the Garden Wall, and Teen Titans Go! has kept the tradition alive.

I think the strongest Teen Titans Go! mini-series was the second The Night Begins to Shine, but I appreciate the idea that the show can come up with a concept and create five episodes around it. It seems their recent idea is taking one Titan and giving him or her a unique series. Last time, Beast Boy was the only Titan in a Doom Patrol-based series, and this time, it was Starfire’s turn to hang out with a different cast.

Of all the Teen Titans, Starfire seems to get the short end of the stick. She was the only Titan not to get a season-long arc based on her character and history in the ’03 series, and she doesn’t get as many punchlines as her teammates on Go!. Starfire is a naive yet optimistic alien. She was a powerhouse with a heart of gold who, on Teen Titans Go!, is a source of laughs when she misunderstands Earth culture, overuses the article “the”, or casually does something gross or violent. She may not be everyone’s favorite character, but she’s got plenty of potential."

Read the full review here.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Almost forgot to listen to this before the day was up.
Viper wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
Happy 4th of July, Light Lucario. I really hope you get to enjoy the fireworks tonight. Have a wonderful evening.
BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.

Featured Posts