The Upcoming Marvel Animated Series News & Speculation Thread (Spoilers)

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Welcome to the The Upcoming Marvel Animated Series News & Speculation Thread, where you can talk about all of Marvel's upcoming animated series! With new Marvel animated series, stayed tuned for trailers, interviews, images, reviews, and so much more!

For the latest news, check out the newest posts in this thread!

Note: Once a series is officially announced by the network or company, that series will be spun off into its own News & Speculation Thread.

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
To start this thread, Through their Fourth Quarter 2007 Numbers press release, Marvel released the name of an upcoming Marvel Animated Series, slated to premiere in Spring 2009. The name? Super Hero Squad.

Nothing else about this property is known at this time. Stay tuned for updates on this, and other Marvel cartoons, in the near future. To discuss an already announced upcoming animated series, please head over to that respective discussion thread.

Arkaron

Sorry if I don't get it, but what's the point of this kind of thread? Except speculation and fantasy^^Because I have heard nothing about a new series after the upcoming Iron-Man.

Well...as far as I only see it as "the thread where you can talk about your dreams", I'd like to see 3 or 4 series developped in continuity, like DC did. Marvel could start with an Iron-Man series, then a Hulk series with 4 or 5 guest-appearences of Thor. Wasp, Ant-man and Nick Fury could be introduced in Iron-Man as well. Then Cap would appear in the pilot of the Avengers Series (a real one). Producers could maje connections with wolverine and the X-Men to use Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch.:D And I'd love to see Dr Strange in this series.

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't see your second post, James. Apologies.

Still, I think the idea of continuity should be used. It works better than independant series.

Sketch

not like those other old guys
Wait... Iron Man is coming first? But we know next to nothing about that one where as X-Men isn't coming until 2009 when it seems much further along and might even be complete. It just seems so... backwards.

I suppose they're further delaying Wolverine and the X-Men to get it on the air closer to the Wolverine movie and honestly I hate that because I want to see this show now.

Hypestyle

now that there's apparently a Brave & the Bold series in the works based on the DC series, I'd love to see an anthology-style Marvel Team Up show; Spidey already has his own show, so unless Sony's involved, I guess having him be an "anchor" is a wash.. but they could still get some good mileage out of the various other characters out there, giving them some long overdue spotlight.. they could have two-part episodes for each team-up..

Power Man & Iron Fist
Cloak & Dagger
Wonder Man & Beast
Blade & Black Panther
Daredevil & Moon Knight
Silver Surfer & Thor
Nick Fury & Black Widow
Captain Marvel & Ms. Marvel

Miyamoto Musashi

Law Enforcer
they could have two-part episodes for each team-up..
Why two-parts?

Power Man & Iron Fist
I agree with you

Cloak & Dagger
Teaming them up together wouldn't fit, it's like putting two avengers together and call it Marvel team up

Wonder Man & Beast
Interesting, I can look forward for such an episode. The first animated debut for Wonder Man?

Blade & Black Panther
I don't know, I don't feel like giving a hand for such a story, but the general public have the possibility of loving it.

Daredevil & Moon Knight
These two vigilantes fit together in one team of two

Silver Surfer & Thorl
Did Thor ever go so far in space? well he ever?

Nick Fury & Black Widow
An espionage team up. Who do you count for the villain?

Captain Marvel & Ms. Marvel
Isn't Ms. Marvel an avenger? Why would she team up with Captain Marvel?

thundarr82

The Upcoming Marvel Animated Series News & Speculation Thread (Spoilers

Spidey Mon, Read Essential Ms Marvel for more details...but Captain Marvel gave Carol Danvers a blood transfusion causing her to have super powers just like him.

capfan1

I dont know if this fits here but it would be cool if Marvel made direct to dvd series season sets of marvel characters.It would be awesome to see a 20 to 26 series of shows of captain america direct to dvd,daredevil would be cool too.Then you get more DTDVD series like the avengers,silver surfer,x-men,and more.Instead of these child like animation I see in the new spiderman series have it like the 90's x-men or the ultimate avengers dvd animation.I dunno about the rest of you but that would be a great market for marvel to get into.

Ar3d

Spidey Mon, Read Essential Ms Marvel for more details...but Captain Marvel gave Carol Danvers a blood transfusion causing her to have super powers just like him.

That was cool story... it was like the story of hulk and she hulk, which also happen in blood transfusion.

Spider-Man

Now this is the first time I have heard of Super Hero Squad but I just saw this write-up on Comics2Film on who they are:

As far as animated TV Fare, the one new project is something called 'Super Hero Squad'. If you're over the age of eight, you may not know that the Super Hero Squad is a collection of Marvel's character presented in cartoony, fun (think super-deformed) shapes for the very young Marvel Zombies out there.

Does anyone have any images of this? Or any further information on their comic book history if they have any?

Hypestyle

I want a marvel team-up show!

Since WB/DC is developing a "Brave & the Bold" animated series for this fall (Batman and a guest every week), hopefully this will help give the hint to Marvel people to develop a Marvel Team Up show: because of Spidey's involvement in the solo show, I doubt he'd be allowed (unless Sony was the development studio).. A good "anchor" character if they choose to go there would be Captain America, but I wouldn't mind having it be a true anthology series, with team-ups of at least two heroes per episode..

alternate show titles-
Tales to Astonish
Tales of Suspense
Marvel Comics Presents

Joe Wagner

The one, true Scarlet Spider!
Interesting, I can look forward for such an episode. The first animated debut for Wonder Man?

Actually, Wonder Man played a prominent role in the Avengers: United We Stand animated series.

Something of note, Newsarama talked with Eric Rollman about the new Iron Man and Wolverine and the X-Men series and he mentioned that two other series had been green lit for production. Given the earlier comments, I would think one of these would be Super Hero Squad. Could the other be the Hulk? I seem to remember this being rumored some time ago.

-Joe!

Zentron

Y'know.... I'm getting kinda bored and depressed by a lot of the current animations!

For once, I'd like to see an 'unleashed' series. Something that doesn't cater for those boring censors and mother groups, something that goes for the max impact and never lets up.

Let's get rid of all the pointless dullness and have something worth watching for a change!

spyke

Y'know.... I'm getting kinda bored and depressed by a lot of the current animations!

For once, I'd like to see an 'unleashed' series. Something that doesn't cater for those boring censors and mother groups, something that goes for the max impact and never lets up.

Let's get rid of all the pointless dullness and have something worth watching for a change!

Not trying to be mean or insulting, but it's that kind of thinking that is killing the American comic book industry.

Zentron

Not trying to be mean or insulting, but it's that kind of thinking that is killing the American comic book industry.
Killing the comics? By actually wanting a decent animation for a change? Wow! What a mad bad world we live in :shrug:

Joe Wagner

The one, true Scarlet Spider!
Killing the comics? By actually wanting a decent animation for a change? Wow! What a mad bad world we live in :shrug:

I think he meant more of the "anything goes" mentality. After all, comics and animation should be meant as an escapism and not everything has to be bloody/gory/violent to be enjoyable. Give me a good, well thought out story that is available for all ages over one that consists of graphic rape/murder/etc any day of the week.

-Joe!

Zentron

I think he meant more of the "anything goes" mentality. After all, comics and animation should be meant as an escapism and not everything has to be bloody/gory/violent to be enjoyable. Give me a good, well thought out story that is available for all ages over one that consists of graphic rape/murder/etc any day of the week.

-Joe!
I know, I was just being sarcastic! Though why it would be killing the comics rather than the animations, I don't really understand that reasoning... two quite separate mediums!

It just seems that everytime we get an animated series, based on some comic, all we ever get is watered down junk, which in many cases, such as with the 'X-Men: Evolution series,' cause's much yelling and angry eyes towards them. Many of them seem to want to go to a certain level, yet can't.... and makes everything sound so comical(take the dialogue between Wolverine and Sabretooth in the multi-story car park in the episode X-Impulse for instance).

Everything is just feels so constrained at the moment and it's just getting old, plain, boring and laughable(in the bad way). Would you have 'Spawn' handing out flowers to his antagonists in an animated adaption, or tearing them to pieces?

spyke

I know, I was just being sarcastic! Though why it would be killing the comics rather than the animations, I don't really understand that reasoning... two quite separate mediums!

It just seems that everytime we get an animated series, based on some comic, all we ever get is watered down junk, which in many cases, such as with the 'X-Men: Evolution series,' cause's much yelling and angry eyes towards them. Many of them seem to want to go to a certain level, yet can't.... and makes everything sound so comical(take the dialogue between Wolverine and Sabretooth in the multi-story car park in the episode X-Impulse for instance).

Everything is just feels so constrained at the moment and it's just getting old, plain, boring and laughable(in the bad way). Would you have 'Spawn' handing out flowers to his antagonists in an animated adaption, or tearing them to pieces?

And how long did the R-rated SPAWN TAS last? Heck, even the very adult SPAWN comic sales like crap.

The current sales decline in the comic book industry should be used like a canary in a mine that dies from poisonous gases, as a warning to NOT go down that path. Over the last 20+ years Marvel and DC comics (more so DC then Marvel) have become more "adult" (in regards to language,violence,and sex) and their sales have continued to plummet.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The first South Park movie is 25 years old today.
New profile pic: Zadie from Work It Out Wombats!
The CSC Channels prior to 2017 were actually amazing. A shame it was all thrown under the bus.
Lesson learned. Never talk to anyone ever.

Featured Posts