Toonzone/Anime Superhero 2022 Battle of the Brackets- Action Conference Round 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darklordavaitor

Staff member
Oh man, was this a close one. The last vote helped to keep this from being another tie, which I'm grateful for.

If I'm allowed to get personal for a minute, I was dreading this match. These are two of my favorite cartoons of the last decade, if not all time. I know that if it was my vote, I would have had a hard time deciding which one to help advance. On one hand, I loved how authentic and well-written Earth's Mightiest Heroes is. It's faithful to the comics while doing more than enough to bring in new viewers with it. On the other, Brave and the Bold is one of the most singular shows of all time, a loving tribute to the silver age that's able to be playful and reverent at the same time. It's a miracle that this caught on and became a favorite when it did, especially at the height of Nolan's take on the Bat.

Personally, I ultimately would have gone with Avengers: EMH. We've had great Batman shows before, and I know we will again, but I've seen the previous and future Avengers shows, and I don't think we'll get another series like EMH for the team ever again. But I can't argue against the winner, either.

Batman: The Brave and the Bold moves onto the next round! The next match will begin shortly.

KeldeoKitty

Slacker Musketeer
This one’s hard but I guess I pick Steven Universe causeIm actually slightly more fond of it than Mystery Incorporated.

StorytellerMJ5

Both are great. But, Scooby-Doo is pretty much a masterpiece, so that’s where my vote goes.

Light Lucario

Staff member
This another tough choice, but I'm going to vote for Steven Universe. While both of these shows are great, I have much more emotional connection and fondness for Steven Universe. It has great characters, an engaging storyline, wonderful songs and heartfelt messages.

Scooby Doo Mystery Incorporated is really great too. It's easily the best Scooby Doo series. I still need to get around to rewatching this series one of these days.

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
ABSTAIN - I predict that SU is pretty much gonna win this one without my help, as it is.

THAT is mostly because I'm not that big on Scooby Doo, despite all the good things I hear and see with Mystery Incorporated, the BEST Scooby Doo adaptation, BTW (something I do agree with, even if I've only seen a small fraction of it, as well.).

As for SU..... I've seen better before and by now, and not just outta CN, honestly.

Darklordavaitor

Staff member
We had a very close match tonight, but we have a victor. The Mystery Incorporated gang came close, but the Gems just edged them out.

Steven Universe moves onto the next round! The next match will begin shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.
PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes
Xilam is one of my most favourite animation studios, I enjoy alot of their cartoons from Hubert and Takako, Oggy and the Cockroaches and Zig and Sharko. Xilam is a studio that has inspired many and has created endless classics that we enjoy.

What's your most fond memory of Xilam?
Given how Drew Barrymore's production company Flower Films has mainly made live action projects for older audiences, them producing the TV special Olive The Other Reindeer and the Netflix preschool show Princess Power are definitely quite unusual. It would certainly explain the humor of the latter.

Featured Posts