Toonzone/Anime Superhero 2024 Battle of the Brackets- Earssentials Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Light Lucario

Staff member
I'll go with Oliver and Company. I remember watching it more, it has some good music and the climax is pretty intense.

I've seen The Rescuers once and I thought it was good, but I think I like Oliver and Company more.

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Tough one. Childhood me would've picked "The Rescuers". But adult me is going with "Oliver and Company". The last of the films before the Disney Renaissance (starting with the Little Mermaid in 1989).

Mid 80's Disney was at their lowest point, but "Oliver and Company" is just them saying "We've still got talent". It's just a "moment in time" film, but I like that moment in time.

JoeMabbon

Robot Clone
Oliver & Company. Just because it feels like the common ancestor of almost every modern talking animal movie.

Darklordavaitor

Staff member
Both of this match's features were successful films that come off as underrated today. The Rescuers was a rare critical and commercial hit for Disney in the 70s, one that inspired WDAS' first sequel, while Oliver & Company proved to be a surprise hit a decade later, one that gave the studio the inspiration to aim for yearly releases. A year later, a mermaid found her voice, and the rest is history.

I wasn't sure which direction this match would go in, but we have a clear winner.

Oliver & Company makes it to the next round! The next match will begin shortly.

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
Uh two movies I've not really watched as much at all, but I'm picking Robin Hood, it's the more memorable (To me) of the two.

Shiloh Otter

Anxiety in the house
This matchup is hard.

I'll go with Robin Hood. I love The Aristocats, but Robin Hood is a classic IMO.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Think I'll vote for Robin Hood, a pretty fun take on the character. Aristocats is fun as well and I wouldn't mind seeing it win this round but Robin Hood just feels like a more exciting adventure.

Light Lucario

Staff member
I'll go with Robin Hood. While I'm not a huge fan of either movie here, I remember enjoying Robin Hood. It had some catchy songs and more memorable characters, especially with some of those facial expressions.

The Artistocats is fun and I remember watching at least a chuck of it before, but it never really caught my attention all that much.

Darklordavaitor

Staff member
Today's opponents definitely had some things in common, as they were the first two animated features to have no real involvement from Walt Disney, despite The Aristocats being purchased during his time (albeit initially as a television special), while Robin Hood supposedly was suggested by the man before his passing. Neither films are among the studio's most beloved, but they have their fans to this day.

Still, this wasn't very close, was it? Robin Hood moves to the next round, and the next match will begin shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Has anyone seen PSI Cops last night?

(cricket noises)

Yeah, I still can't believe that was a thing.
Paramount and Skydance have officially merged. Does this mean that Brian Robbins got the boot?
Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.
PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes

Featured Posts