Toonzone's "Battle of the Brackets" Sweet Sixteen Voting Thread (Spidey conference)

r0derix

Loved Spider-Man: TAS as a kid, but outside of a few episodes I don't really enjoy it much any more. TMNT 2k3 is the definitive version of the turtles and a highly enjoyable show.

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
The voting has ended for Match #1!

It was a close match for much of the day, but in the end, one show pulled ahead...

The Winner:

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2003)!!

Onward, to the next match!

wonderfly

Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Match #2:

Sym-Bionic Titan

[video=youtube;3A0DoAITOzA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3A0DoAITOzA[/video]

Versus:

wonderfly

Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Gargoyles!

[video=youtube;ygrEVnrg3Ic]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ygrEVnrg3Ic[/video]

Who do you vote to win?!?

Neo Yi

Joustus!
Staff member
Reporter
I feel Gargoyles will win in the end, but I'd still vote for Sym-Bionic Titan even if it weren't the case. I love that show so, so, soooo much. I really need to wrap up Gargoyles, but I don't want to sit through the Avalon Arc. I think it drags on and on and onnnnnnnnn.

Ed Liu

Frog of Thunder
Staff member
Reporter
Sym-Bionic Titan for me. As I've said earlier, I was never as taken by Gargoyles as others were, which might be because I didn't stick with it long enough but where it never lured me in hard enough to stick with it. Sym-Bionic Titan grabbed me from the get-go, like a lot of Genndy's stuff, and I was hooked pretty much from the first episodes.

Light Lucario

Staff member
I'm definitely voting for Gargoyles. It was a great show. While I don't remember if the first episode I saw on Disney Channel was the beginning of the series, I do remember getting hooked on it pretty quickly. It has a cool premise, complex characters, especially with its villains, most of the main cast were fleshed out, the worldbuilding really helped to make it more engaging, the action was great and the storylines were pretty interesting for the most part.

Sym-Bionic Titan was good, but like I've said before, I find it a bit overrated. Outside of the animation and some of the fight scenes, I don't think that it had anything stronger than what Gargoyles had. The group chemistry between the three leads was pretty good and I still love the relationship between Otocus and Kimmy. If this series had gotten another season or two so that it could have a conclusion, this might have been a more difficult choice, but I think that I would have still voted for Gargoyles just because of its strengths.

GWOtaku

Staff member
Reporter
Aaagghhghhhh. Hard. I don't like voting against anything Tartakovsky. Titan is very well made and decisively wins on action and animation, and I love it. But I also have a lot of respect for the cast of characters Gargoyles built up, & if I were to make a short list of the best cartoons based on story alone I think two TV series I would include without any debate are it and Avatar: The Last Airbender. Things were well thought out, and I'd argue that the "world tour" was cool. I can get not liking being away from Manhattan for so long, but I grok the reasons for the arc and I think they're quite valid. I personally like it for delving into all kinds of mythological lore, & also because I consider it important to character development for main character Goliath. I bet it wouldn't get as much flack if we'd had a full & complete 3rd season back in NYC afterward, but oh well. C'est la vie.

Agghh. If it were this vs Samurai Jack and its level of inventiveness and style, that might be one thing. But Titan isn't quite there. By the slimmest of margins, I think I have to hand it to Gargoyles.

Aquadementia

That's a lot of Mulaney!
Staff member
Sym-Bionic Titan

Jack may be his best character to work with. His Clone Wars was the best addition to the Star Wars universe since the original trilogy. But in some ways Genndy keeps getting better and better. It really shows in Sym-Bionic Titan.

Dudley

Staff member
Sym-Bionic Titan was a great show. But I feel that there were some episodes that felt like needless filler that could've been used to help progress the storyline.
Then again, Gargoyles dragged on for what seems like forever in season two.
On the other hand, Sym-Bionic Titan had great art direction and some real nice characters that grew over time. If only it got that second season...(would be nice if they continued the story in comic form though!)
It's a tough choice, but I'm going to go with SBT.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Almost forgot to listen to this before the day was up.
Viper wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
Happy 4th of July, Light Lucario. I really hope you get to enjoy the fireworks tonight. Have a wonderful evening.
BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.

Featured Posts