Toonzone's "Battle of the Brackets" Sweet Sixteen Voting Thread (Spidey conference)

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
It may have been good that there wasn't another vote, as this was close to a tie...

The voting has ended for Match #2!

The Winner:

Gargoyles!!

Onward, to the next match!

wonderfly

Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Match #3:

X-Men: The Animated Series!

[video=youtube;7IzSGvXc_PM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=7IzSGvXc_PM[/video]

Versus:

wonderfly

Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
The Spectacular Spider-Man!

[video=youtube;7Omj5LoSJsY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=7Omj5LoSJsY[/video]

Who do you vote to win?!?

M.O.D.O.K.

Scientist Supreme
Staff member
The Spectacular Spider-Man, and not even close.

Though I do credit X-Men for giving me the greatest comic relief in the form of the Sentinels.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
I still enjoy re-watching some of the X-Men episodes, but Spectacular Spider-Man gets my vote in this round since it's a terrific show from start to finish.

Anthonynotes

I'll vote for "X-Men: The Animated Series." Didn't feel like sticking around to become a regular viewer of "Spectacular"...

Darklordavaitor

Staff member
I was a fan of the 90's Marvel shows as a kid, but honestly, nowadays they just seem like soulless lifts from the comics, with no originality and weak voice-acting and animation. X-Men isn't really much of an exception. Spectacular is still my go-to on how to make a good Marvel cartoon however, which is how I have to vote.

GWOtaku

Staff member
Reporter
Spectacular Spidey has stronger storytelling and possesses consistent quality X-Men TAS doesn't, and the gap in production quality is tremendous. Easy win for Spidey on this one.

Ed Liu

Frog of Thunder
Staff member
Reporter
Another vote for Spectacular Spider-Man. Pretty much did everything better than X-Men, in my eyes.

Stu

Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Love them both, but have to go with The Spectacular Spider-Man. Arguably the greatest superhero cartoon ever.

Light Lucario

Staff member
Spectacular Spider-Man easily gets my vote. It was just fantastic from start to finish. The storylines were engaging, the characters were fleshed out, the writing was solid, Green Goblin was a good villain and the action was solid. It's easily the best Marvel animated series I've seen. It is still such a shame that it ended when there was so much potential left to make at least another season or two.

I remember liking X-Men: TAS when I was little and the few episodes I saw via On Demand a few years ago were pretty good, but Spectacular Spider-Man blows them out of the water. Even if I saw more episodes of the series now, I doubt that it would change my mind considering how good Spectacular Spider-Man is.

The Talon

I'm voting for Spectacular Spider-Man here. Amazing that a cartoon that was on the air for only two seasons was a lot more well-written than the past 10 years of Spidey comics.

r0derix

Gotta vote for The Spectacular Spider-Man, for being the best adaptation of Spider-Man in any media form since the original comics.

(The more this goes on, the more I see this tournament ending up being Batman: TAS vs. Spectacular.)

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Almost forgot to listen to this before the day was up.
Viper wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
Happy 4th of July, Light Lucario. I really hope you get to enjoy the fireworks tonight. Have a wonderful evening.
BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.

Featured Posts