"Transformers: The Last Knight" Pre-Release News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Frontier

Staff member
Oh, he died too. I just don't remember. I forgot how Soundwave and Shockwave died a few months ago and now I can't remember what happened to Barricade. Is Sideswipe dead? I don't remember seeing him in Age of Extinction.
I think we were meant to believe that every surviving Autobot, excepting the ones who joined up with Prime in AoE, were killed by Cemetery Wind even if we didn't see it on-screen :ack:.

Of-course, I can see that changing so that there are more faces on Earth ;).

EDIT 6/20: Laura Haddock has joined the cast.

JoeMabbon

Robot Clone
Here's the logos for the next set of films. Bumblebee and the Autobrand front and center:

Transformers-Cinematic-Universe-1.jpg

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
How many films will there be? I know it's a propery they love to milk, but this seems almost irrational and desperate considering the reception the films have been getting. I'd rather see Bay work on something else. The amount of cartoons is also questionable.

Frontier

Staff member
How many films will there be? I know it's a propery they love to milk, but this seems almost irrational and desperate considering the reception the films have been getting. I'd rather see Bay work on something else. The amount of cartoons is also questionable.
As long as the movies are still major box office successes, they're probably going to keep making them and milking the Transformers property for as much as its worth. I doubt very much that critical receptions has ever played a big part in the decision making :shrug:.

I honestly think Bay just can't keep himself away from the franchise :sweat:.

Counting proper cartoons, there's only RID and Rescue Bots, and they're completely different in style, animation, and in the kind of Transformer cartoon they are. Not to mention being on different networks. Not really seeing much issue there...

JoeMabbon

Robot Clone

Here's why they're releasing a movie every year:

Transformers-Live-Action-Movie-Stats.jpg

Notice how much revenues spike when a film is in theaters. Now those movies were all spaced out a little bit, so who knows what will happen when there's a movie every year. If critical response ever mattered they would've stopped making these movies back in 2009.

Counting proper cartoons, there's only RID and Rescue Bots, and they're completely different in style, animation, and in the kind of Transformer cartoon they are. Not to mention being on different networks. Not really seeing much issue there...

I'd add Combiner Wars as well, which fits in the same boat as the other two in terms of being completely different from its siblings. Star Wars is probably the only major franchise that's being stretched so thin.

Frontier

Staff member
Here's why they're releasing a movie every year:

Transformers-Live-Action-Movie-Stats.jpg
Poor Prime's toy sales :sweat:.

I'd add Combiner Wars as well, which fits in the same boat as the other two in terms of being completely different from its siblings. Star Wars is probably the only major franchise that's being stretched so thin.
I was going to mention Combiner Wars, but given it's a web-series, I thought it would be more prudent to just cover the two TF cartoons that are currently on TV right now :ack:.

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
@Frontier @JoeMabbon

Yeah, it's unfortunate though that most companies are that way these days and just go after the money at all costs. Transformers have been here for 30 years and they never really went away, but I feel like recently they started milking them again with the new movies. The first one was okay, the second one was in some ways better but also worse. I remember walking disappointed from the theater the same way I walked out disappointed about Spider-Man 3 at the time even though I was somewhat still their demographic and a fan. Third and fourth are just odd. Especially three. This milking can last only so long. Sooner or later people will get enough of it and want a break. Happened many times before, especially in the games industry. Too many mediocre yearly sequels killed several franchises over the years. With cartoons I meant TV shows and I meant all of them. There have been plenty over the years and imo enough of them in the last 5 or 10. I'm not surprised when the last two movies made nearly 5x what they cost scoring over a billion in the box office, but that doesn't automatically mean they're good. Imo the movies are a bit of a mess just like the Spider-Man films have sadly become. As for Bay, maybe he does want to move on... but maybe because of a deal he can't and maybe he doesn't even want to because he knows that whatever else he makes won't rake in so much cash.

Frontier

Staff member
They look feral enough to be Predacons, and with that flag with the Decepticon symbol, I wonder if Prime encounters vestiges of the Decepticon army in space o_O?

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
They look feral enough to be Predacons, and with that flag with the Decepticon symbol, I wonder if Prime encounters vestiges of the Decepticon army in space o_O?
I forget if it was the old school comic or G1 show, but I seem to recall the Decepticons or a group of them on Cybertron left to form a new empire while Prime and Megatron were stuck on Earth. Their leader was Traxis...or Straxis. Something like that.

JoeMabbon

Robot Clone
I forget if it was the old school comic or G1 show, but I seem to recall the Decepticons or a group of them on Cybertron left to form a new empire while Prime and Megatron were stuck on Earth. Their leader was Traxis...or Straxis. Something like that.

It was Straxus. I'd love it if the dragon was someone really obscure, like Deathsaurus or something.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
It was Straxus. I'd love it if the dragon was someone really obscure, like Deathsaurus or something.
They would probably fret and change his name if they did. But good point, they could use that angle of the Destrons being the ancestors of the Decepticons.

EDIT: Alternatively, the dragon could have been Allicons since it's been speculated those 'Creators' are the Quintesson. Or the Vok. But who knows, there's still a lot of lore they can cover/anger fans with.

Last edited:

dmxx116

Can we get another G.I. Joe & Jem movie before Bay's Transformers can't take no more from him when comes to Transfomers.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The CSC Channels prior to 2017 were actually amazing. A shame it was all thrown under the bus.
Lesson learned. Never talk to anyone ever.
Somebody please give me a show that I won't ever regret watching.
Samurai Champloo, $5 on Apple TV. I know the series is 20 years old which is, like, 100 years in anime world, but definitely worth the buy!
I now genuinely want to see Steve Blum voice Kermit in something official. He is spot on.

Featured Posts