Was Right Now Kapow ever supposed to air on Cartoon Network

cartoonnetworkpoke

When I watched the show on Disney XD back in 2017. I was surprised to see that the show wasn't airing on CN since WB animation produced it. Anyone know why this was the case?

harry580

I guess right now kapow is a show co produced by warner bros & disney, like 3 south is a co production of warner bros & mtv animation

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
The show was pitched and Disney XD bought it. The show is fully Warner Bros. animation made , but got Disney TV money. This was made back when Time Warner was still a thing and they had kept Cartoon Network and Warner Bros. Animation very separated. Cartoon Network had to buy shows from Warner Brothers animation.

I don't know if it was ever pitched to Cartoon Network and they said no, and WB put it up to market and Disney XD was interested or if Disney XD commissioned it from Warner.

(I kind of wish that was more a norm where companies made stuff and different channels with different owners would air them. It's how broadcast networks did stuff. )

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

PF9
I'd like to hear your thoughts on these proposals:

Has anyone seen PSI Cops last night?

(cricket noises)

Yeah, I still can't believe that was a thing.
Paramount and Skydance have officially merged. Does this mean that Brian Robbins got the boot?
Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.

Featured Posts