"Wolverine and The X-Men" International Airings Talkback, Part 2 (Spoilers)

Loved this episode! :D

Nightcrawler was awesome again. Good to see that he's back with the X-Men. I think he was better in this episode than he was in X-Calibre.

It was quite the moment when Wanda let go of Wolverine when the water was filling up. I would have loved to see a clip were Spiral saw it happen, but that's fine.

I don't know where this show it heading, but it's going great right now.

Speaking of Wolverine: that was a surprise. Did not expect to see him in this episode.

Episode 15 in the books. Superb!

Best show on Television right now, NO DOUBT ABOUT!!! :cool:

Wonderwall

Staff member
I want this to be the Nightcrawler show, every time the episode is about him the show is about much better. I don't know what it is, maybe because he's the most developed character right with Wolverine, maybe it's because his teleportation looks sweet and it makes his fights more inspired than the uninspired action that this show usually has, but there's just something about his episodes that I enjoy more than all the other episodes. I liked his interactions with Scarlet Witch as well. Mojo was annoying as usual but he appeared less than I thought he would. And MojoWolverine was creepy looking.

Rick Jones

Big Fan
Staff member
Great episode and I loved seeing Wolverine in full-on berserker mode. X-Calibre was all right but I liked Welcome to Genosha a great deal and this one was right up there with that. After the intial rebuilding of the team, the show's been conitnually gaining speed with each following episode and I just love it. I wonder how long until Piotr Rasputin reappears or we get some updates on the future.

Windrider

This was a good episode, not as good as Battle Lines but it was better than Stolen Lives. I will admit that my favorite part of this episode was that Storm was leading the X-Men in the search for Wolverine. I mean come on, she is arguably the best leader the X-Men have ever had, she had to make the toughest choices. I am just tired of her getting the short end of the stick in cartoons, although one has to think about the Colossus and Psylocke fans (who have been a part of the team for a really long time.) Another thing I enjoyed was the Scarlet Witch, her design was perfect.

Hunting Grounds 8/10

Nightcrawler is now officially one of my favorite characters in the series.

bigdeath

A Legend is Born
I've never been an elf fan but this show has made Nightcrawler my favorite character (at least for now). I do enjoy the little romance with Scarlet Witch. Shes just perfect in this show.

Rick Jones

Big Fan
Staff member
I was thinking about this the other day and it seems Wolverine might be one of my least favorite team member in this show (kinda funny when I remember that one of the early complaints was that it seemed like all the characters loved Wolverine). It's not shocking that Nightcrawler is one of the most developed on the show, especially with the amount of solo episodes he's already had. This is the version of Kurt Wagner I've always known and loved.

I was thinking about this the other day and it seems Wolverine might be one of my least favorite team member in this show (kinda funny when I remember that one of the early complaints was that it seemed like all the characters loved Wolverine). It's not shocking that Nightcrawler is one of the most developed on the show, especially with the amount of solo episodes he's already had. This is the version of Kurt Wagner I've always known and loved.

I totally agree. This Nightcrawler rocks, and this show has made him become one of my favourite X-Men. (I always lked him, but now I like him more)

Nightcrawler

When I saw that Nightcrawler would have a fairly big part in the series, I was a bit nervous.

Thankfully, he hasn't disappointed, and Hunting Grounds may have been his best episode yet.

CaptainCanada

Another strong episode; I don't think I like this quite as much as the previous Nightcrawler one, but it's still excellent. Wanda's powers on this show are super-vague, but that's not really any different from the comics (Lee and Kirby really should have just made her an actual magician or something from the start).

One aspect of the whole Genosha situation that didn't work is that the previous episode nor this one offer any insight as to what purpose the secret prisons serve; what are people being imprisoned for? Defying Magneto in some way, presumably, but's it's vaguer than I'd like.

Animation can make age hard to tell, but I'm guessing Polaris is supposed to be early teens or thereabouts, hence not involved in Dad's plans yet. I was just imagining some new viewer wondering how Magneto has all these kids and no moms in sight.

Nygma

This version of Nightcrawler is far better then Evo's annoying prankster.

Agreed, which is even greater considering that religion is off limits for Kurt on this show.

My thoughts on Battle Grounds, I thought it was the weakest Nightcrawler episode so far. The main problem is that the Mojo plot felt really hollow, not that I want to get into anything deep with Mojo, but if your going to use him, then do something with him.
So he wants to put Kurt and Wanda in his own personal tv show with Wolverine as a wild card, WHY?
There's no explanation on whats driving him to do what he does. So the episode feels a bit empty.
Fortunately the chemistry between Nightcrawler and Scarlett Witch was the best thing about this episode. I'm hoping this is a relationship they revisit later on, while I've never been a fan of The Scarlett Witch (outside Evolution's revamp of her) I'm liking this version of her so far.

I'd say this episode was around 3-4 stars, the Mojo plot just needed some work; plus I hate Mojo(aside from his Ultimate iteration).

bigdeath

A Legend is Born
Agreed, which is even greater considering that religion is off limits for Kurt on this show.

My thoughts on Battle Grounds, I thought it was the weakest Nightcrawler episode so far. The main problem is that the Mojo plot felt really hollow, not that I want to get into anything deep with Mojo, but if your going to use him, then do something with him.
So he wants to put Kurt and Wanda in his own personal tv show with Wolverine as a wild card, WHY?
There's no explanation on whats driving him to do what he does. So the episode feels a bit empty.
Fortunately the chemistry between Nightcrawler and Scarlett Witch was the best thing about this episode. I'm hoping this is a relationship they revisit later on, while I've never been a fan of The Scarlett Witch (outside Evolution's revamp of her) I'm liking this version of her so far.

I'd say this episode was around 3-4 stars, the Mojo plot just needed some work; plus I hate Mojo(aside from his Ultimate iteration).

Its Mojo. He just wants to make an action pack show. Theres nothing deep about his motives that needs exploring. I love the episode because of the chemistry between Nightcrawler and Scarlett Witch. Mojo to me is just an excuse for this pair to met up (its a fun excuss though).

Nygma

Its Mojo. He just wants to make an action pack show. Theres nothing deep about his motives that needs exploring.

But why does he feel he needs to do what he does? What does he have to gain from what he's doing? As much as I liked the SW/Nightcrawler interaction, that element is not what was driving the PLOT of the episode. Mojo's hunting ground antics were the driving point of the episode. So on that end it needed to be examined more.
Only the comic fans, and fans of other versions of X-Men would have any idea who Mojo is? But new fans would most likely be scratching their heads wondering, just who is this guy, and where does he come from (if we're assuming they're going by the comic origins)?

W.C.Reaf

Its entertainment, its that simple, that's all he wants and doing stuff like this just happens to be how he gets his kicks.

Also ratings. That's why any TV exec does what they do.

Nygma

Its entertainment, its that simple, that's all he wants and doing stuff like this just happens to be how he gets his kicks.

Maybe people on the outside know that, but anybody thats new to X-Men or Mojo would be confused and/or asking themselves, "Who in the world would make someone who looks like Mojo a TV executive?" Of course us long time X-Men fans know Mojo is from another dimension in the comics and TAS, but for people who don't know this you have to lean them in that direction.
There was nothing that was leaning anybody in that direction. And who's to say that Mojo's background in this show is the same as previous incarnations? Look at Mystique's background from Stolen Lives as an example.

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter
We don't know everything there is to know about Mojo from watching this episode. Nightcrawler sort of said it himself, we don't know where Mojo is in this conflict.

Nygma

We don't know everything there is to know about Mojo from watching this episode. Nightcrawler sort of said it himself, we don't know where Mojo is in this conflict.

Nightcrawler's note on Mojo is in a different context than what I'm talking about.

ShockDingo

Freelance voice actor & fulltime symbiote geek.
Hey guys,
I've been gone since X-men went on a break. When did the show come back? Is it still on Ytv Saturdays? Info would be appreciated. :D

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

As of yesterday morning already full NFL Slimetime Rookie Special has been added to youtube Nickelodeon.
Brandy and Mr. Whiskers turns 20 today. Disney Channel has the put the first episode on Youtube, no it's not on Disney Plus.
Will Maria Robotnik ever star in a Sonic cartoon as a regular or a recurring character?
As I don't have my community tab from YouTube anymore to write on (for now), I willl tell you here some of the things I will do to keep you somehow up-to-date. Tonight, the film I will be watching is one that once again reminds me that Disney is still 100 and I can still celebrate.
I'm glad Teens Titans Go doesn't get much hate anymore, but the damage had been done when Christina Miller left CN in 2019. People should have given her a chance and she pushed a lot when it comes to the CN app.

Featured Posts