Young Justice: Invasion "Runaways" Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate and Comment - YJ "Runaways"

• Total voters

Leradomi

I didn't notice this unti I rewatched it but it appears that Eduardo using his powers causes him pain, or just when he teleports with someone?

NOw with the reach additives being in the food and drinks is it long term exposure or one bite and you have a problem? Because Impulse did eat that apple in "True Colors"

Nygma

Personal Accountability. WHat she cannot just say sorry Nightwing I cannot get a clear read on him?

Yeah, but you seem to have this odd fixation on vilifying her more than anyone else.

Not everything is Nightwing's fault.

Not everything is her fault either.

He did not order her to start abusing her powers, she did it on her own.

And she's paying the price for it already, there's plenty of blame to go around for alot of the senior members on the team.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I didn't notice this unti I rewatched it but it appears that Eduardo using his powers causes him pain, or just when he teleports with someone?
When the teens first tried to escape, in the hallway, Eduardo Jr. pointed out he could only currently teleport himself. Thus, later on, when he teleported himself and Eduardo Sr. out of the vault, they both felt pain. I do like the concept of an ability have a consequence of being "abused" to an extent of the person's mastery.

NOw with the reach additives being in the food and drinks is it long term exposure or one bite and you have a problem? Because Impulse did eat that apple in "True Colors"
Long term exposure.

Leradomi

When the teens first tried to escape, in the hallway, Eduardo Jr. pointed out he could only currently teleport himself. Thus, later on, when he teleported himself and Eduardo Sr. out of the vault, they both felt pain. I do like the concept of an ability have a consequence of being "abused" to an extent of the person's mastery.

Long term exposure.

Kin dof like in Chronicle (the movie) how they would get nosebleeds if they used their powers or tried to push themselves

Christopher Glennon

Punch Drunk Flounder
Staff member
Reporter
Koizumi is also just a real, normal Japanese name (Koizumi Noboru, for example), so unless there's a word play in affect such is probably just her name.

Idon't think so either, Koizumi just translates to something like innocuous like "tiny fountain." I suppose phonetically "Koizumi" sorta vaguely matches "Kaze no Yō ni Hayaku" but that's reaching, imo.

Haha, whoops. It's been so long since I've watched Superfriends, I must've remembered it as "Koiz um mi Hayaku" after finding out her name in this episode.

Haha, whoops. It's been so long since I've watched Superfriends, I must've remembered it as "Koiz um mi Hayaku" after finding out her name in this episode.

Well, 'hayaku' is pretty much "hurry [up]!" so I suppose the other actors just butchered the pronunciation of 'Koizumi'. Badly.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Well, 'hayaku' is pretty much "hurry [up]!" so I suppose the other actors just butchered the pronunciation of 'Koizumi'. Badly.
Samurai's phrase translated is more or less "Fast like the wind!" or "Speed up like the wind!" Hmm, maybe even "Speed of the wind" depending on how one interprets. I fear listening to a clip of the VA in action, though.

Leradomi

Did they even address HOW they got Red Volcano out and alive? I mean I know Lex "got him" but wasn't he dead in the bottom of a lava pit? Burn to so many indescribable bits and pieces he was gone for good?
AND if that's who they were dealing with why not send Red Tornado and I feel he would have been best equipped to handle that situation.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Did they even address HOW they got Red Volcano out and alive? I mean I know Lex "got him" but wasn't he dead in the bottom of a lava pit? Burn to so many indescribable bits and pieces he was gone for good?

AND if that's who they were dealing with why not send Red Tornado and I feel he would have been best equipped to handle that situation.
No, they did not explain it. Hypothetically, a story for the comic if it went on.

EDIT: Mr. Weisman confirmed Asami's ability has nothing to do with wind nor sound. It's chi. Mr. Vietti will blog about it soon.

Infinite-bit

No, they did not explain it. Hypothetically, a story for the comic if it went on.

EDIT: Mr. Weisman confirmed Asami's ability has nothing to do with wind nor sound. It's chi. Mr. Vietti will blog about it soon.

Well there goes my kinetic energy theory but with her meta ability being chi it makes it sound more like a product of mysticism rather than genetic science.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Well there goes my kinetic energy theory but with her meta ability being chi it makes it sound more like a product of mysticism rather than genetic science.
Chi is still a form of energy. The Reach experiments likely unlocked her ability to generate and manipulate it so it's a bit of both supernatural and genetic, imo.

Infinite-bit

Chi is still a form of energy. The Reach experiments likely unlocked her ability to generate and manipulate it so it's a bit of both supernatural and genetic, imo.

True chi/ki is a metaphysical form of energy that exist around all us and I can imagine the applications with it. Such as channeling said energy into her fist or feet to lay out Superboy or Wonder girl level enemies or force it inwards to amp up her physical attributes like Axel Manning from A.T.O.M.

Wonderwall

Staff member
Who's big and bald in the show...Black Beetle maybe? He has handled them in fights in the past. Perfect guy to tossed like a garbage bag :D

Bobbywoodhogan

I Will Find Him!
Fantastic episode, I loved the story with the runaways, really felt like we got to know these kids well in this episode. Really glad to see Static too, I find him far more likeable here than he was on his own show. The action was once again off the hook. Blue Beetle continues to be one of the mist interesting characters on this show, he was so badass in his fight with Red Volcano but if course we know why.

My one negative it was so obvious that Green Beetle was a villain.

Also this is only the second episode to not feature Superboy.

Still a great episode 4.5 out of 5

Lucho

'Ja think I'm a cowboy?
With the runaways being nods to the Hanna Barbera created Superfiends
SuperfriendsHBTitle.gif
Were these two other unreleased Runaways meant to be two more Superfriends nods, the Wonder Twins? Wendy Marvin?

Batgirl_discovers_runaways.png

Maybe set up join the others in a potential later episode?

Sorry if their identities have already been established, and I missed it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.
Happy 4th of July!
Oh, it's my birthday!
The New Woody Woodpecker Show was just removed from Peacock... Can this show just take a break from being screwed over?

Featured Posts