Young Justice: Invasion "Runaways" Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate and Comment - YJ "Runaways"

• Total voters

Lerkero

If there is one thing I can agree on it's that Blue Beetle has had way too much focus in the second season. It seems odd to have a show with so many characters and then construct the plot in a way that gives one character so much focus - at least in terms of action. The first half of the season is fairly balanced, but the latter episodes are ignoring several of the other characters.

Even in the episode where Tim Drake got to be team leader it basically came down to a fight between beetles. Perhaps now that Blue Beetle is either evil or pretending to be evil there will be other characters quickly getting the spotlight. The action I enjoyed the most in the last few episodes was Deathstroke. I hope that happens again soon.

Santino

I wonder if The League is going to add Jaime to the roster now that the public thinks "Blue Beetle" is back.

Aquaman OS

For all those saying Asami's Japanese was poor. It wasn't really. She just wasn't talking like a seiyu playing an anime character would. (Yes there is a rather big difference between "anime" Japanese and actual Japanese conversation Japanese). She was also talking rather slowly like my teachers teaching Japanese in college would for the benefit of people who weren't great with the language but could still sort of follow. Which might have been the point.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Isn't Ted Kord a member of the JL?

designations: 22. Black Lightning 23. Blue Beetle Ted Kord 24. Guy Gardner 25. Zatanna 26. Rocket

?.???
Yes, Kord was. The order of designations for Black Lightning, Blue Beetle (Ted Kord), and Green Lantern (Guy Gardner) are not confirmed yet.

BonnieB21:-)

Where's Wally

Did anybody else find it odd that Wally wasn't asked to fight Red Volcano? He goes to school at UCLA so he's on the west coast. He had experience with RV and knows the danger of not letting him put Amazo together again. So either he wasn't asked or refused to help, neither of which seem plausible.

And it doesn't make sense that Mars wouldn't help/at least be concerned that an alien race is trying to take over its nearest neighbor. Which begs the question what's The Reach doing on Mars? How does this fit in with Earth? Will Mars have to save their neighbor Earth's rump? Its in their best interest if they do, no Hollywood happy endings for you if they don't;).

It suddenly made sense why Impulse & Booo Beetle are now besties. All Booo Beetles are required to have time travelling, immature, attention seeking best buds. B:TB&TB forced Booster Gold to be friends with whoever was using the name. It never felt right how close Booster and Booo Beetle were so soon after Ted Kord bit the dust. On YJ:I it doesn't feel so stilted.

Leradomi

Wally goes to school at UCLA? Where in the world did you get that from, he clearly zetas to Palo Alto (bay Area NOT Southern CA bout a 7 hour difference), Palo Alto does have Stanford in it which is where I assumed he went.

And I miss Wally too, but being as that DIck and Wally are "pissed" at each other no I don't find it surprising that he didn't go.

and wasn't the fight in Taos? Isn't that in New Mexico? Definately not CA.

AurPen

Wally's retired. I'm not sure he's up for superheroics right now anyhow. As for the Blue Beetle being overused thing, that may have been because the plot was about an alien invasion. The first season had a really big focus on Superboy, and major focus on Artmeis with some on Artemis as well for the "who could be a traitor" aspect. Supposedly Greg had at least 8 seasons worth of ideals ready to go, so who knows what those stories could have been?

Nygma

Way to go Miss Martian. She might be the most powerful team member but she is also the most incomptent. She basically cleared Green Beetle because she was afraid to come clean which leads directly to Blue getting controlled and the league infiltrated. I will never understand why people like this character.

God forbid her actually acting "human" (if you'll pardon the term). Maybe if Nightwing had come clean about the secrets she would've never had this crisis of confidence. So you can blame him to.

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
God forbid her actually acting "human" (if you'll pardon the term). Maybe if Nightwing had come clean about the secrets she would've never had this crisis of confidence. So you can blame him to.

I agree. This whole mess is partially Nightwing's fault for telling none of his team members. If he had told them, then MM wouldn't have attacked Aquala the first place.

Skaddix

Personal Accountability. WHat she cannot just say sorry Nightwing I cannot get a clear read on him?

Not everything is Nightwing's fault. He did not order her to start abusing her powers, she did it on her own.

Infinite-bit

After watching the episode twice I'm pretty convinced that Sam's powers are based on kinetic energy manipulation. Because there's no way that wind powers could protect her from being thrown into a wall or smashing through a glass door like she did in this episode.

suss2it

Probably my least favorite episode of the season so far. I don't care about any of these Superfriends with the exception of Static and this episode did little but make me care and wonder where the actual main characters are. I still like Blue Beetle so I'm not mad at all the shine's been getting, but it sucks that we have so little episodes left and they decided to dedicate a whole episode to these Runaways.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Wally goes to school at UCLA? Where in the world did you get that from, he clearly zetas to Palo Alto (bay Area NOT Southern CA bout a 7 hour difference), Palo Alto does have Stanford in it which is where I assumed he went.
It is unconfirmed what college he and Artemis attends. It's just been assumed Standford by the fans because of the Palo Alto thing.

After watching the episode twice I'm pretty convinced that Sam's powers are based on kinetic energy manipulation. Because there's no way that wind powers could protect her from being thrown into a wall or smashing through a glass door like she did in this episode.
Yeah, as someone suggested, just like the X-Man, Cannonball. His power is called something like Thermo-Chemical Energy Projection. He expels the energy from his body and generates a personal force field to absorb kinetic impact.

Leradomi

It is unconfirmed what college he and Artemis attends. It's just been assumed Standford by the fans because of the Palo Alto thing.

Yeah, as someone suggested, just like the X-Man, Cannonball. His power is called something like Thermo-Chemical Energy Projection. He expels the energy from his body and generates a personal force field to absorb kinetic impact.

which is why I said assumne, but with Palo Alto and UCLA being 7 hours apart I doubt he goes to UCLA, I'm a CA girl, born and raised in the bay Area and now Living in LA

Infinite-bit

Actually I was thinking more along the lines of Marvel character Speedball because of the way she was bouncing out of the crumbling building. It'd be cool if she learned how to absorb and redirect kinetic energy like Sebastian Shaw because that would make her a perfect countermeasure against bruiser type enemies.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
which is why I said assumne, but with Palo Alto and UCLA being 7 hours apart I doubt he goes to UCLA, I'm a CA girl, born and raised in the bay Area and now Living in LA
I suppose it is also possible. Weisman and Vietti decided to use a fictional college from DC Comics. Of if they made up a UCPF for Platinum Flats, that would be neat imo.

PretenderNX01

Yeah, I think they wanted to give a visual reference to their Superfriends counterparts with Sam blasting swirls and Ty having a large figure he can control but still make them their own (to borrow a phrase from Randy Jackson)

I've been enjoying this show and I'm sad to see that episode 220 will be the last, but there is one thing that's been nagging me (maybe someone else has brought it up already). On the episode "The Fix", which took place April 9, the team discovers that the Reach drink is affecting people who drink it, but they decide not to go public because "the team's image is at an all-time low"? Then on this episode, taking place May 13 (over a month later), we see the Reach drink is still out there. So people have been drinking this stuff for weeks and the team has just been waiting for their public image to improve or something? We clearly saw the Runaways refusing to drink the stuff so they know to avoid it, but everyone just kind of accepts that the public is drinking this stuff, blissfully unaware of potential consequences? Maybe there was more of an explanation that I missed, but it has just been bugging me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been enjoying this show and I'm sad to see that episode 220 will be the last, but there is one thing that's been nagging me (maybe someone else has brought it up already). On the episode "The Fix", which took place April 9, the team discovers that the Reach drink is affecting people who drink it, but they decide not to go public because "the team's image is at an all-time low"? Then on this episode, taking place May 13 (over a month later), we see the Reach drink is still out there. So people have been drinking this stuff for weeks and the team has just been waiting for their public image to improve or something? We clearly saw the Runaways refusing to drink the stuff so they know to avoid it, but everyone just kind of accepts that the public is drinking this stuff, blissfully unaware of potential consequences? Maybe there was more of an explanation that I missed, but it has just been bugging me.

I think it has to do with that the League has been outed for keeping secrets....big secrets. So the public doesn't have much reason to trust them right now. Meanwhile the media has made the Reach look like saviors.

Perhaps they fear the public won't believe them until they expose the Reach.

Santino

Yeah, they're afraid no one will believe them. It's obviously gonna come back to bite them when everyone's all "why didn't you tell us?!"

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.
Happy 4th of July!
Oh, it's my birthday!
The New Woody Woodpecker Show was just removed from Peacock... Can this show just take a break from being screwed over?

Featured Posts