[adult swim] Promotion Sparked Bomb Scare in Boston

Dee

What?
Here's a "bomb" in San Francisco:

Photo-0036.jpg

Some people are so paranoid.

I've been here for months and have yet to see this--- what street is that on?

Sevenfeet

Bad day at CN

This might be funny for many of us, but Boston authorities clearly aren't laughing. A friend of a friend is Cartoon Network's chief legal officer...I know she's not having a good day. Hopefully nobody gets fired over this.

Zeonic Freak

Make MD Geist Great Again!
Well, if there going to ban ATHF, glad they aired 5 seasons instead of doing this when it first aired, then we wouldnt have never seen this series.

livingfruitvirus

No! NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!
It was done in many cities but no one else thought they were bombs. In the end this makes Boston look stupid for thinking light brights were bombs :sweat:

Well that city IS sort of at fault for letting terrorists on the plane. Maybe they're trying to overcompensate.

Here's a preview of Mayor Menino's response tomorrow: "Ib thibbin the dult swib bow thbaqa been boston thity babbemba therarist atta thibbine thity beer."

SirLemming

a playa in a world of NPCs
I still don't understand this story completely. None of the reports are giving me a clear idea of exactly what was done and why it was considered dangerous. Packages were delivered? And these packages were bright lights that looked like bombs, in the shape of Inignokt? Huh?

In any case this already seems to be attracting newbies to Toon Zone, so maybe it's good marketing after all.

Zach Logan

We are Maji!
I still don't understand this story completely. None of the reports are giving me a clear idea of exactly what was done and why it was considered dangerous. Packages were delivered? And these packages were bright lights that looked like bombs, in the shape of Inignokt? Huh?

In any case this already seems to be attracting newbies to Toon Zone, so maybe it's good marketing after all.
I'll tell you guys if my hits went up at all today...if so...good stuff. This was just a fit of paranoia, and I hope that people can take these things with a grain of salt from now on. Paranoia could be bad if we're afraid of EVERYTHING.

Draft

CNN said Adult Swim is blaming some third party company that made the thing. While A boston NBC affiliate repotrts a College Student who graduated from MAssachusetts has something to do with putting them up or designing(changed channel)

On a Boston Fox Affiliate, their legal advisor said that that Turner will most liekly get fined for the mess, and possible jail time(wHich the guys says that these things qualify for some law that can give them 2-5 years of jail per these things)

And the number is still rising, one found on Fenway

I cannot wait what [as]'s response is to this

Yuss

BACK AT BASE IT'S RED ALERT
THERE'S SOMETHING HERE FROM SOMEWHERE ELSE
THE WAR MACHINE IT SPRINGS TO LIFE
AND OPENS UP ONE EAGER EYE
FOCUSING IT ON THE SKY
A COUPLE OF LITE-BRITES IN THE SHAPE OF A WELL-KNOWN CARTOON CHARACTER GO BY

This is such a bizarre story.

I love that the entire police force, government, and media were completely clueless, and if they had a single college intern on staff, they could've immediately explained that it was an advertising campaign and saved the city thousands of dollars.

I'm completely with Adult Swim on this and I hope they step it up. The Ignignokt billboard they put up a few months ago was the greatest thing ever.

Screw Fox News for apparently trying to get an uprising going. "Do you think the entire Turner Broadcasting Company deserves 45 to 50 years in prison? Vote online now, and stay tuned to Fox News!"

Mr. Manager

I doubt they'll have a bump mentioning it, but it'd be funny if they did.

[you may have seen us being talked about on the news]
[some are calling us terrorists]
[let us tell you something]
[we are]
[after all, we created Assy McGee]
[adult swim]

Draft

It's that companies fault whoever made this thing. How could they think that no one would think this is a bomb? interference inc made it, and they should get the 18-45 years in jail for this(since Menino said 2-5 years), and it seems that more are being found

Bryan

News/Schedules
Staff member
Reporter
Best part was when FOX News' Shepard Smith went to adultswim.com this afternoon and read the description for the show.

I wonder if ATHF will even air tonight at midnight???

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Oh, it's my birthday!
The New Woody Woodpecker Show was just removed from Peacock... Can this show just take a break from being screwed over?
TVLand, CMT, MTV2 (as well as Nickelodeon channels) will be simulcasting Kids Choice Award 2024 according to zap2it!

Featured Posts