C&C - Rick & Morty - Season Five Talkback

Eurbane

that episode was funny when the cops came and mr. Nimbus tells them fight, #### and leave. And then Morty fights the dog that tries to kill him in another dimension and seeks revenge. And for Jessica, she's not ready for the boyfriend type yet. They're might be a time when is really ready. So i guess Morty might have Annie from Anatomy Park again.

CNFan1995

Cartoon Network, Adult Swim and Toonami Fan.
See you tonight for a another new episode of Rick & Morty.

Season 5 Episode 2: Mortyplicity

Synopsis: Who's even real, broh? Are you real? Broh?​

Last edited:

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Well, this was a short season.

Oh.

They're messing with us again, aren't they? This is that once-a-season episode where they mess with us?

So he just made squares.

80085 if a funny password.

Nobodyman

How many decoy families are there?

Oh, it's the interdimensional cable episode.

Or...not?

It's not enough that there Ricks and Mortys from other dimensions, now there are decoys.

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
8-equal sign-equal-sign-D is also meant to be a funny password.

The decoys are reproducing.

Pull the plug on Spnogebob already. It's really getting old.

Nobodyman

You know, when you see one of those bomb things, you should probably run for it rather than just stand there.

Hey look, it's Muppet Rick!

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
I'm sensing a recurring motif here.

It's Evil Muppet Rick.

Now it's Howdy Doody Rick.

SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT!

Did Michael Bay direct this episode?

It's Sesame Street Rick.

Nobodyman

Andross reference. I love it.

The President ain't gettin' involved in that. Wise decision.

Oh hey, it really is Muppet Rick.

Nobodyman

Well, that sure was a lot of pointless violence.

Hi Space Beth.

Man. Puppet Jerry got it rough.

Captain Planet episode next week!

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
No decoys were harmed during the making of--could not keep a straight face.

Dammit Jerry. Get it? Dam?

Queen's "Who Wants to Live Forever" from the Highlander soundtrack. Subtle.

Next week it's CAPTAIN PLANET!

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
"Mortyplicity" - You know part of me wonders if after season 4 there was more of a plan to use Space Beth regularly but the writers went "you know we still have issues with regular Beth you really think we can handle another of her" so realized despite the idea of the ending of season 4 implying more Space Beth would stick around wanting to then backtrack and go "okay she's out there but it won't be like a regular thing" and then when wondering "wait would people really care though since we built her up as her own person so not having her around feels like a betrayal" get the idea of having versions of the rest of the family around and then it ballooned to having all of these duplicates and decoys and yeah just became this whole big mess of various Smith family members fighting it out. Either way though disappointed at the idea of there not being much of Space Beth I am super on board with this idea. I'm someone who loves the idea of stories involving clones and replicas and variations being all existential but I also like this just being an excuse to pretty much have stories involving all of these multiple families killing one another not sure of who is real and who is the copy. Plus this actually brings me back memories of like super old school Adult Swim show. Anyone who watched AS near 20 years back reembers how Brak Show's "Time Machine" and Sealab's "Lost In Time" did episodes with various time paradoxes of the characters but this takes it to the nth degree where you not only have variations but have multiple famlies who you seemingly follow until they wind up being replaced from the point of view of another faimily and are unsure exactly of who is who and then the "hunt me to completion" guy comes back and then the "oh the real cast was in space the entire time this was all spent with mostly just variants of them" but doesn't feel cheap considering the different perspectives. And though real Rick didn't hear this I am glad a version of Beth was able to get through to Rick how screwed up cloning her was and how it made her feel and him actually being sorry about it. Yeah doubt it will be awhile before the Rick we regularly follow feels that way but I am glad to see a version of that in this story.

And honestly the Jokes were solid. I'm just going to list my personal seven favorite.

1. Jerry having questions about the hunt me till completion guy even as they were on the run from all the replicas.

2. The When Wolf concept and it being ruined by bringing in a vampire (though yeah Morty's point on "never saw them ask the five questions on the where wolf" should of had Rick point out Adventure Time had Why Wolves... then have Morty ask why Rick would know that could of led to a fun bit).

3. Though the commercial break reveal was obvious about the squids being them did really like the family's reaction to that.

4. Having to point out that the aliens are actually cloned family members and one of the Jerrys pointing out how confusing that is and the other one admitting it takes awhile to wrap your head around.

5. Rick pointing out he was ripping off Star Fox's andross and also pointing out through his expisitional tirade only the "Rickest Rick" would make such a power move trying to get all the other ones to fight him all at once.

6. One version of Summer tricking another into huffing as a distraction and then seeing the Mortys fighting and going "oh I killed my copy you do the same" and actually avoiding an obvious "who are they going to shoot" bit you know most shows would of tried for in some form.

7. I did feel the Wooden Jerry ended a bit too mean but I have to admit "Christanity again? After cowboy times? We went full circle?" was actually pretty funny.

Honestly last week probably had a better ending (certainly better tag) and felt like it was trying a bit to evolve the characters more while yeah no growth or anything here but as a fun way to see the characters constantly off one another it worked though yeah not something you can really do every week like multiple variations of characters dying over and over would get really old but doing it this one time did work so plus there.

CNFan1995

Cartoon Network, Adult Swim and Toonami Fan.
See you tonight for a another new episode of Rick & Morty. Also happy 4th of July. Wubba-lubba-dub dub! And the Power is Yours!

Season 5 Episode 3: Mortyplicity

Synopsis: Reduce Reuse, broh. Might be too late.​

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I am more optimistic than I was awhile ago. I'm eagerly anticipating to see Porky and Daffy's movie in theaters because seeing hand drawn animation on the big screen is a real treat. And Pepe Le Pew is no longer retired. No need to worry anymore. Looney Tunes are still core to WB, and I am excited for what is next for them in the future.
Happy National Radio Day, Uh what's left of it! The day not radio.

Why youtube nickjr have Kamp Koral video for this??
Two Two's wrote on Mejo's profile.
What's your favourite classic Disney short?
#releasethebvsentertainmentlibrary

Featured Posts