C&C - Rick & Morty - Season Five Talkback

Nobodyman

The Planeteers grew up to be real jerks.

And where the heck did Ma-Ti go? Well...I guess he was the heart.

Nobodyman

The power...is Morty's.

Rick is definitely into some kinky stuff. Of course, this is the guy who made love to a planet.

Planetina's losing it.

"You saved our planet! ...You suck!"

Nobodyman

And, predictably, Morty's relationship ends in heartbreak.

And Rick's relationship just...ends.

Funny how having sex with your dad can really break up a family.

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
"A Rickconventionat Mort" - Though the show is "Rick And Morty" I am glad at this point the show has no problems branching out and focusing on different pairings with only minimal time spent on the two. Heck outside of the opening already spoiled online and minrly during the table scene no real Rick and Morty interaction at all this time around which I'm totally fine with as I was enjoying both plots. I really like the idea of a Captain Planet expy character who started around the same time and obviously has the same kids but they have clearly changed even if she really hasn't and have obviously gone corrupt and commercial. Honestly if this was the original seasons of Rick and Morty we would of had Morty being threatened and beat around by the Expy Planeteers for the entire episode but I really like as soon as the one threatened Morty and pointed out sellling Planetina Morty went ham on him and wound up burning and offing him easily. Like yeah clear Morty's been on hundreds of adventures at this point and can easily just roll with the punches so I like him taking out the fire guy with his own ring. I was hoping as the commercial break was playing "oh man so hope the next scene is him icing the others" and yeah that's exactly what happened next from water getting shot with bullets to blowing dirt's head in with air and magmaing the last and the last guy saying he was un involved and getting flamed to death. I also like how though Morty and Plaentina's relationship soured it wasn't because Morty secretly disliked her being so super eco or lame but rather Planetina now obviously spending much more time outside the ring getting in touch with earth and getting more and more blood thirsty and killing innocent people which yeah is clear that is Morty's line now; he's fine with offing people who deserve it but people who didn't do anything wrong besides having to work their job is another thing altogether and I get why that was the tipping point and though yeah with the fact she's an expy who can go supernova there's still a bit of a jokey nature of her just flying off so fast but I like it actually feel serious especially with Beth coming to comfort Morty actually showing more genuine concern then usual. I think his rant of "no one actually listens to me" did get to her and actually did show Beth for once realizing trying to be forceful isn't the answer and instead being more comforting which was nice. There were still good jokes with Morty trying to bring the bunny over as an excuse for the forest fire and Jerry still invested in the board game during the actual romance argument.

The Rick and Summer plot wasn't quite as good if only because it was predictable once they made that "no attachment pack" that Rick was going to get attached and honestly the lady he was hooking up with elbow **** and all wasn't really that interesting and though I did like the idea of her tagging along just to survive her "hello" thing wore out it's welcome really quickly. I've been getting into Friends lately and honestly this character reminded me a bit of Janice but you need a bit more earnest energy to pull of that more annoying high pitch squeal sort of character even when trying to use someone else to be effective and that didn't work here. Though I do like Rick pointing out Summer's "Rickish" move of saving the planet just to prove a point to Rick on how that girl didn't love her. Again it is nice to show that Rick and Summer do have a bond and that yeah Rick is now totally fine just going on adventures alone with her and the two being able to bond over their partying even though the other woman eh made it not as good and honestly the day after the apocalypse bit of the aliens being awkward wasn't nearly as funny as them just actually doing their dad as we saw it.

Still bit of a weak subplot due to being sort of predictable aside solid episode. Really enjoyed Morty and Planetina's relaitonship and how kind of serious it took and how that developed. I am glad too we are actually seeing Morty getting with girls he can connect with and the problems not coming because he's just out of their league or there was no chance at all but rather because of their own issues. Like shows we're finally just moving away from the just being nervous around Jessica Morty which is good. Admittedly the next episode with that probe bit doesn't look good (though is this the first time they have done anything with Beth being a Horse doctor since season 2 since it feels like that) but guess we'll see when it debuts next week.

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
If nothing else, it puts nothing but a smile on my face and gives me a feeling of a sense of accomplishment seeing Morty kick ass, take names, and not flinch about it all that much. That said, his romantic life deserves better. At least by not wasting anymore time with Jessica, he knows that now (we shall see, going forward with later episodes ourselves, as well...).

What I don't buy is all these alien species being suicidal like that. That's pretty lame. If aliens do exist, they have far superior technology to ours to prevent impending doom scenarios (to us) like those. Trust me, whether I'm the villain or not, on that much!

This show still kinda sucks, but I can't quit on it, now. It doesn't suck enough for me to, anyway.

powerjake

Banned
Would anyone still watch Rick and Morty if it went on forever like The Simpsons?.

If Adult Swim wanted to milk it for money in that way.

reflection01

If nothing else, it puts nothing but a smile on my face and gives me a feeling of a sense of accomplishment seeing Morty kick ass, take names, and not flinch about it all that much. That said, his romantic life deserves better. At least by not wasting anymore time with Jessica, he knows that now (we shall see, going forward with later episodes ourselves, as well...).

What I don't buy is all these alien species being suicidal like that. That's pretty lame. If aliens do exist, they have far superior technology to ours to prevent impending doom scenarios (to us) like those. Trust me, whether I'm the villain or not, on that much!

This show still kinda sucks, but I can't quit on it, now. It doesn't suck enough for me to, anyway.

Maybe they just went to where the parties were and the whole species isn’t suicidal. If Earth was facing immediate doom, there would certainly be parties like that.

I just got a kick out of Rick and Morty and Loki sharing a plot point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
Would anyone still watch Rick and Morty if it went on forever like The Simpsons?.

If Adult Swim wanted to milk it for money in that way.
I'd expect it to start telling actual stories like it should, instead of dancing around the idea of doing so. Whatever to justify lasting as long as it will, which we don't know for sure how long that is, either.

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
Given recent events in BC I wonder if this week's episode didn't air in Canada because some scenes depict wildfires.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
And the trope of gut punching Morty whenever he falls in love with someone continues. I thought he was going to destroy the rings at the end of the episode. Did like it was parallel storylines for Rick and Morty though.

zoombie

Anyone think Plantena is the main antagonist of this season. This season is more about Morty created enemies than Rick created enemies?

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
He has never limited himself to one woman. So no he's not.
Yeah, there was the girl from when Rick Prestige'd Morty, too.

Anyone think Plantena is the main antagonist of this season. This season is more about Morty created enemies than Rick created enemies?
Hmm, interesting. There's always Evil Morty as well, I think he's the biggest one left from past seasons?

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I am more optimistic than I was awhile ago. I'm eagerly anticipating to see Porky and Daffy's movie in theaters because seeing hand drawn animation on the big screen is a real treat. And Pepe Le Pew is no longer retired. No need to worry anymore. Looney Tunes are still core to WB, and I am excited for what is next for them in the future.
Happy National Radio Day, Uh what's left of it! The day not radio.

Why youtube nickjr have Kamp Koral video for this??
Two Two's wrote on Mejo's profile.
What's your favourite classic Disney short?
#releasethebvsentertainmentlibrary

Featured Posts