Cartoon Network International News Thread 15.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Francisque

When I think of CN, Adventure Time and Regular Show come to my mind more than classic series. I'm sorry but nostalgia isn't the most important thing. I would rather have them stick to modern series. They seem to do fine on the service.
And it's fine that you don't like older TV series

But many people are older than you are and should have a place where to watch classic shows which obviously marked an era and morphed CN into a very recognizable brand, simple

It's actually the opposite, there's a boom for "nostalgia" these days

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
PPG and Ben 10 are only the 2016 reboots.
Oh yes, of course. The websites is listing the wrong years.

The service will be bearable if I can easily switch between Brazil, Belgium and Sweden. But even then Netflix and Disney+ are more interesting.
When I think of CN, Adventure Time and Regular Show come to my mind more than classic series. I'm sorry but nostalgia isn't the most important thing. I would rather have them stick to modern series. They seem to do fine on the service.
They have an enormous catalogue and keep it to themselves. Why? Netflix offers every program it has, old or new.

I don't know if you have followed the news lately but WB Discovery isn't doing well. They are losing the so called "streaming wars". People are paying for Netflix, Disney+ and Amazon Prime and don't care about a fourth service. HBO Max only seems to gain ground in smaller markets where the other services are lacking. They are literally the Fox Kids / Jetix of streaming services. But WB Discovery is in huge debt and cannot afford to offer such a poor service.

Apparently they don't even offer English subtitles in the Netherlands. What a disaster. This costs them nothing.

Last edited:

Markus Nelis

And it's fine that you don't like older TV series

But many people are older than you are and should have a place where to watch classic shows which obviously marked an era and morphed CN into a very recognizable brand, simple
I do like some of the old shows. I think it's more important to focus on more modern shows thanks to advertisers.

Personally CN has always been recognizable. Their peak in my opinion was the early 2010s. A lot of people think about Dexter but there are also people who would say AT and RS are one of the most recognizable shows of all time.

To reply to Red Arrow: HBO Max is actually crtically acclaimed. There may not be enough CN shows but overall they have a lot of great shows from HBO. I wouldn't subscribe to a streaming service just to watch one category/genre. I watch a lot of content even non-cartoons and they are very good. You should give them a try before you negatively say HBO Max is the most weakest streaming services. Honestly Discovery Plus is one of the weakest. Unless you didn't say that because you watch reality series. With Netflix, it has gone downhill. They don't treat shows well. Disney Plus is the best streaming service right now.

J10

The accent on the first promo is definitely not the South African general one, and I think i've heard it more than once on the British promos
I took this promo from the DStv account.

The general British voiceovers (the ones from CN UK, including next bumpers and other promos) looks different.

In my view, there are two expectations, maybe the announcer has changed his voiceover from South African to being more British, or that WBD decided to unify the announcers.

Francisque

I do like some of the old shows. I think it's more important to focus on more modern shows thanks to advertisers.

Personally CN has always been recognizable. Their peak in my opinion was the early 2010s. A lot of people think about Dexter but there are also people who would say AT and RS are one of the most recognizable shows of all time.

To reply to Red Arrow: HBO Max is actually crtically acclaimed. There may not be enough CN shows but overall they have a lot of great shows from HBO. I wouldn't subscribe to a streaming service just to watch one category/genre. I watch a lot of content even non-cartoons and they are very good. You should give them a try before you negatively say HBO Max is the most weakest streaming services. Honestly Discovery Plus is one of the weakest. Unless you didn't say that because you watch reality series. With Netflix, it has gone downhill. They don't treat shows well. Disney Plus is the best streaming service right now.
You can like AT and RS (which I do) while not ignoring Dexter and so on ;)

HBO Max might be critically acclaimed because of HBO content, outside of that, especially "thanks" to WBD, it's barely "there".

Discovery Plus will come to be incorporated into Max, anyway

I took this promo from the DStv account.

The general British voiceovers (the ones from CN UK, including next bumpers and other promos) looks different.

In my view, there are two expectation, maybe the announcer has changed his voiceover from South African to being more British or that WBD decided to unify the announcers.
I remember listening to a similar voice before though! Might be my ears :D

A unification might well happen, as South Africans (and Africans in general) are used to some British voiceovers anyway

Markus Nelis

HBO Max might be critically acclaimed because of HBO content, outside of that, especially "thanks" to WBD, it's barely "there".
You can blame WBD executives because the people behind HBO Max can't really do anything about it. Still calling it the worst streaming service is a little too harsh especially when a lot of their content is good. Even outside HBO stuff. I was only giving an example. Yes, Discovery Plus will merge with it but then there will be even more content. Even if most Discovery stuff is just meh but there are a lot of people who like reality so HBO Max will get even more subscribers. I think people talk about the service negativity because of a lot of stuff are written off or scrapped. It wouldn't get so much hate otherwise. There could have even been a lot more upcoming CN content.

EDIT: I've been getting a lot of threats through Private Messages. I'm requesting those of you who are threatening me with a lot of dangerous words to stop. It's disrespectful. Just because I have different opinion about a kids channel doesn't mean I deserve the hate. Please stop. It's a discussion and having a lot of disagreements is part of freedom.

Last edited:

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
Fact is though (HBO) Max isn't very good. It's better than SkyShowtime slightly and more than Prime, but even those are catching up. It's way behind Netflix and Disney+. Problem with all the services, but mainly (HBO) Max, is that the content isn't same in all countries. Plus that even in homeland US the content isn't complete and is even being cut - even their own content they made/own that costs them zero. And many of those shows/films are only on DVD/Bluray and mostly in Americas and Asia. So EU folks are out of luck. Yeah, blame the Babel lol. But that is going to work only so long - especially if many of those shows are dubbed. And yes, sometimes the older dubs are expensive, but I doubt that's the case here. (HBO) Max offers literally maybe 1/5th of content Cartoon Network aired/made/owns. And (HBO) Max isn't even promoted properly. Which all in all is lame. Their focus on HBO/Cinemax content is decent, but the Kids section lacks for the price they ask.

ROToon Alt

You can blame WBD executives because the people behind HBO Max can't really do anything about it. Still calling it the worst streaming service is a little too harsh especially when a lot of their content is good. Even outside HBO stuff. I was only giving an example. Yes, Discovery Plus will merge with it but then there will be even more content. Even if most Discovery stuff is just meh but there are a lot of people who like reality so HBO Max will get even more subscribers. I think people talk about the service negativity because of a lot of stuff are written off or scrapped. It wouldn't get so much hate otherwise. There could have even been a lot more upcoming CN content.

EDIT: I've been getting a lot of threats through Private Messages. I'm requesting those of you who are threatening me with a lot of dangerous words to stop. It's disrespectful. Just because I have different opinion about a kids channel doesn't mean I deserve the hate. Please stop. It's a discussion and having a lot of disagreements is part of freedom.
I was just put Funny at your opinions but didn't send you any messages so is not my fault at all

narq

It looks like the ads on Cartoon Network Poland, the Polish subfeed of Cartoonito CEE, and Warner TV Poland are no longer provided by Polsat Media.
From what it seems, they are now provided by TVN Media instead, which makes sense, since TVN is owned by WBD.
For the first few days of January, Cartoon Network Poland had about 2 minutes of ads per ad block (normally 6), with Cartoonito having none (normally 6 as well). By now, it has already changed, and Cartoonito usually has 3 minutes of ads (split into two 1 and a half minute blocks, with fillers and a promo in between), while CN has anything between 2 and 6 minutes, which is pretty random.

Another thing about CN Poland: they now have an unpromoted Gumball marathon, for the Winter break. Though it's not so bad, since it's only 1 and a half hour long.

EDIT: They only added a Gumball promo now, a day after the marathon started.

Last edited:

Moleoman

It looks like the ads on Cartoon Network Poland, the Polish subfeed of Cartoonito CEE, and Warner TV Poland are no longer provided by Polsat Media.
From what it seems, they are now provided by TVN Media instead, which makes sense, since TVN is owned by WBD.
Apparently, it's confirmed. Ex-Turner channels in Poland disappeared on Polsat Media site: Polsat Media

On other hand, the aforementioned channel are not listed on TVN Media's site yet: Nasze Media - TV - Biuro Reklamy TVN Media

J10

Cartoon Network Arabic has now been encrypted on beIN on the HD version, but viewers can tune to the channel on the SD version on Eutelsat/Nilesat.

Last edited:

Markus Nelis

I wonder if CN Nordic ever gets the HD version. It's laughable that CEE was 4:9 not long ago and already got an HD feed. Sounds to me that they're not interested to pay for more money when HBO Max is already there. The feed has gone much more autopilot. Some of the promos are getting reused. I'm not mad, just disappointed.

NewBogus :)

You're fired!
For the first few days of January, Cartoon Network Poland had about 2 minutes of ads per ad block (normally 6), with Cartoonito having none (normally 6 as well). By now, it has already changed, and Cartoonito usually has 3 minutes of ads (split into two 1 and a half minute blocks, with fillers and a promo in between), while CN has anything between 2 and 6 minutes, which is pretty random.

Another thing about CN Poland: they now have an unpromoted Gumball marathon, for the Winter break. Though it's not so bad, since it's only 1 and a half hour long.

EDIT: They only added a Gumball promo now, a day after the marathon started.

CN PL aired "The Phone"/"The Job" with the 1st dub version that featured Miłosz Konkel as Gumball (the same one that was remade censored for HBO GO/HBO Max release with Polosh dubbing).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

So in case some of you didn't realise yet, those of you that know me from YouTube probably saw that today is a very bad day for me.
Changed to the Hungarian-flagged avatar because of a national holiday.
Whenever I get my first LPS toys (hopefully soon), I am considering doing a little unboxing video in the style of LPStubers. It would be nothing professional, I just want to show off my stuff in a fun way.
I said it elsewhere but I will say it again.

Dont worry, Me TV Toons taking its time to air the Scrappy era is nothing too bad, this is what CN did back in the day, they felt the need that people "needed to get fully tired of the old episodes" before they brought in the new stuff with Scrappy. We will see it again.
Mejo wrote on Daffyrocks's profile.
Hey Mihai, just saw that your channel was terminated.

My condolences go to you. Really hope that your channel gets reinstated.

Featured Posts